La Liga 2017/18

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Ah, I didn't realise he'd suffered a personal tragedy. Understandable that he's gone back to Japan, though I was looking forward to seeing him last year.

Yeah, I can't blame you in regards to Nasri. His red against Leicester was so daft.
Haha, definitely.

Now let's see when Vitolo becomes officially an Atletico player... Las Palmas, Castro, Atletico, Simeone, Pareja, Manolo Lama, Pepe Elias, my aunt... everybody have had a different and contradicting story presented in this case, except for the main person himself.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Vitolo has now landed in Madrid. Castro looks like a joke, and now there are rumours that he will proceed to sue Vitolo and his represents. I honestly feel neither Vitolo and Atletico did anything wrong, even if things has gone dirty. Now we (Castro&Del Nido jr) are making it more infectious than it already is.

But it ain't over yet. This saga will yet continue with some more turns and ridiculousness.

Last edited:

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Vitolo officially Atletico player. Finally this soap opera is over. Great signing for Atletico (and Las Palmas). Great money for Sevilla. Embarressing turn of events for everybody involved, especially Pepe Castro.

Next meeting vs Atletico will be fun:lol:

Mariano, Rami, Vitolo officially out. Corchia, Nolito, and possibly some more are on their way in.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
There isn't really anything to be said. We've planned and recruited poorly in midfield for years, and paid for it. The opposite goes for Madrid.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Real Madrid's transfers in recent years have generally been very good. James Rodriguez aside, most of the players they bought were either successful there or sold for profit. It helps them that they are often shopping in Spanish market and the level of talent pool is fantastic.

Very smart signings by Real, but again Pogba didn't cost 120 million euros, he cost 100. Also with inflation and the clubs those players were bought from, you can see why their prices would be pretty different right? And that list fails to mention James who's price in my opinion was much much worse than Pogba's. Not to take from Real's business in the transfer market, because it's fantastic. Asensio in particular I think will be competing for Ballon D'Ors in a couple of years. FM legend for my Leeds side

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Vitolo officially Atletico player. Finally this soap opera is over. Great signing for Atletico (and Las Palmas). Great money for Sevilla. Embarressing turn of events for everybody involved, especially Pepe Castro.

Mariano, Rami, Vitolo officially out. Corchia, Nolito, and possibly some more are on their way in.
Corchia was highly-rated some years ago. We at Arsenal wanted him.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Yeah, I think Corchia could end up being a decent signing. We have had a good tradition with wing backs from the french league lately:)

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Real Madrid's transfers in recent years have generally been very good. James Rodriguez aside, most of the players they bought were either successful there or sold for profit. It helps them that they are often shopping in Spanish market and the level of talent pool is fantastic.
They've also had plenty of poor years in the transfer market prior to that:

Beckham wasn't much of a success for them and cost them 37,5 million, which was quite an amount at the time.

Walter Samuel was bought for 23,5 million and sold for 18 million a year later.
Julio Baptista was bought for 20 million and sold for 10 million several years later, not really being a success there.
Jonathan Woodgate was bought for 18,3 million and sold for 9,6 million several years later.
Emerson was bought for 16 million and sold for 5 million a year later.
Sneijder was bought for 27 million and sold for 15 million a couple of years later.
Robben was bought for 36 million and sold for 24 million a couple of years later.
Kaka was bought for 65 million and left for free three years later.
Huntelaar was bought for 27 million and left for 15 million a year later.

None of these players really had much of an impact for them, which of course also had to do with their struggles on the pitch. Either way, it's important to learn from mistakes committed in the past.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 Haha, well done! To be fair, New Balance have been great for us; the last season's shirt were nice.:) And this season's new kits are perfect! I am thinking about getting all three kits (white, red and black), with Sarabia, Banega and Correa on the back.

How come you did buy it? Are you tempted to join as a fan - then you are most likely welcome;)

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 Haha, well done! To be fair, New Balance have been great for us; the last season's shirt were nice.:) And this season's new kits are perfect! I am thinking about getting all three kits (white, red and black), with Sarabia, Banega and Correa on the back.

How come you did buy it? Are you tempted to join as a fan - then you are most likely welcome;)
Bought it at Sanchez Pizjuan :D

Suedesi

https://www.intothecalderon.com/2017/7/12/15958190/vitolo-signs-with-atletico-madrid-until-2022

https://www.intothecalderon.com/201...-not-be-worth-the-madness-for-atletico-madrid

Some soap opera stuff.

RoyH1

Seville clubs cannot be too happy with Madrid clubs at the moment :lol:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
It's is normal that our best players leave, when a top cl club wants them. I don't mind that as long as we get a decent fee. 40m is good money. I don't think vitolo is worth that much. He is almost 28 and had a decent amount of injuries. He won't play the on his best level forever with his brand of "run the opposition into the ground" style of football. One more injury could feck him over. He is always giving everything but he is blowing hot and cold. He can be very inefficient at times. Anyway. I like him and hope that he does well, but imo it is a good deal for Sevilla. That's probably the last summer when somebody would pay good money for him.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 can't argue about your taste:)

@Suedesi Haha, time will tell if this deal was worth the headache for Atletico. I believe it is, I believe both parties got what they wanted, although the Sevilla-family (Castro & fans) are not happy with how Vitolo used the club that made him a national team player (and the fans are not happy with Castro being naive either) - but nobody can complain about the 36.5 million euros we got. As @PedroMendez wrote, it is a bit over price and we wouldn't ever get a good deal like this for Vitolo ever again. Vitolo has single handling financed the signings of Muriel, Pizarro and Banega at the same time. Good business:D

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
After a brief hiccup when the RFEF (Spanish FA) announced that no meetings would take place this week, due to arrest of Villar, the President, the Liga schedule draw is back on the schedule even though it takes place at the RFEF HQ.

Friday at 12:30 Spanish time

AshRK

People now look at real madrid and think they are really good in transfers which actually is not true. They made some horrendous signings like kaka, huntelaar, robben, sneijder, van der vaart, robinho, james, danilo. What worked for them is the best players aka ronaldo, ramos, benzema,modric, bale and now isco never wanted to leave them. Their base was always there but they bought all of them at some point and it took them years to finally get it right. Their 2003-2010 wasn't that brilliant and their signings were pretty bad. Jose got them beyond ro16 in ucl and then they started winning UCL. Now all they need is add good squad players and even if they done work like danilo, irramendi they can always get someone else. They are lucky to be playing in a league where they can poach players from lower league clubs, not quite possible for english clubs.

I want to see how they cope without ronaldo and benzema. This is why selling morata was a bit foolish and same with james. But credit to them for dominating world football in last 4 years.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
http://www.marca.com/futbol/primera...html?intcmp=MENUMIGA&s_kw=mercado-de-fichajes
There are not too many signings. With regard to money spent la liga is well behind other leagues.
Deportivo have signed a couple of players from Segunda, Federico Valverde, who promises a lot but is very young and Bakkali, who arrived with Lim to Valencia a year ago. I have no idea if he has played.
For the goal there were rumors about Valdés, which I would love, but possibly they can´t pay him. Now the main option is Joel.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Sevilla is linked to badstuber. I'd love that transfer. The guy would have been world-class without his horrendous injuries. Extremely consistent, good passer and great mentality. He'd be fairly cheap as well. He could fix the defence, if he can stay fit. No idea if he is tempted by la Liga, but leaving the Bundesliga would do him good

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I really, really think he's going to be incredible in a couple years :drool::drool::drool::drool:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Sevilla is linked to badstuber. I'd love that transfer. The guy would have been world-class without his horrendous injuries. Extremely consistent, good passer and great mentality. He'd be fairly cheap as well. He could fix the defence, if he can stay fit. No idea if he is tempted by la Liga, but leaving the Bundesliga would do him good
I do agree. He would even be an improvement on Rami.

Riz

Dunno if anyone can help cause I'm getting such conflicting information online, but when are the dates for the Spanish Super Cup confirmed? It's less than a month away, some places say 12th and 15th then others are quoting 13th and 16th and others say still to be confirmed... Help!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Great. So, to recap: we fly to Abu Dabi on the 10th, play the final on the 17th, fly back on the 18th, and play the clasico on the 20th

Outstanding.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Dunno if anyone can help cause I'm getting such conflicting information online, but when are the dates for the Spanish Super Cup confirmed? It's less than a month away, some places say 12th and 15th then others are quoting 13th and 16th and others say still to be confirmed... Help!
According to la liga: Barça-Madrid 13th of August, Madrid-Barça 16th
http://www.laliga.es/calendario-horario#5_11_2_16_08_2017