La Liga 2017/18

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Great. So, to recap: we fly to Abu Dabi on the 10th, play the final on the 17th, fly back on the 18th, and play the clasico on the 20th

Outstanding.
Hey, you have the squad depth to win the world cup with the B squad and go full force vs us :D

Big Andy

Bloke
Also, how likely are Barca and Madrid games likely to sell out for the lesser (non el clasico) games...?

Big Andy

Bloke
Furthermore, is there any benefit to becoming a "Madridista" if you only plan on attending one game? Do you get access to better seats, etc?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Also, how likely are Barca and Madrid games likely to sell out for the lesser (non el clasico) games...?
Depends on the games. Big games will generally be sold out, while all other games will not(though part of the reason for that is away fans don't travel much in Spain)

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What's funny about the 2 big Spanish teams is that the type of players Barcelona need are currently playing for Real Madrid.

WhoDaGOAT

What's funny about the 2 big Spanish teams is that the type of players Barcelona need are currently playing for Real Madrid.
Yeah, the likes of Ceballos and Kovacić could be starting games for Barcelona instead of rotating at Real. It's crazy that Real have at least 7 quality central midfield options.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Yeah, the likes of Ceballos and Kovacić could be starting games for Barcelona instead of rotating at Real. It's crazy that Real have at least 7 quality central midfield options.
I was thinking Isco mostly.

I am not convinced by Ceballos, I find his style very unappealing, that's about it.

But Isco plays like someone you'd expect to be a starter in the great Barcelona of 2008-2012.

WhoDaGOAT

I am not convinced by Ceballos, I find his style very unappealing, that's about it.

But Isco plays like someone you'd expect to be a starter in the great Barcelona of 2008-2012.
What? :lol: Ceballos is a dream to watch. The way he manipulates the ball and turns without a second thought. Masterclass vs Italy a few weeks ago.

Isco had only showed glimpses of his Málaga days up until the final few weeks of last season. He's playing like the Iniesta of old now.

As for Dani, he might not settle at Madrid due to homesickness. It happens to players from that region. Navas, Reyes, Nolito, etc.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Multiple ones in Turkish and a few in Spanish. I am surprised as well but it is imo done. Fenerbahce rejected two lower bids and Montoya but in the end both clubs agreed on 10m.
I was surprised to find out he's only 28, feels like he's been around for ever.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

I agree with @WhoDaGOAT ,Ceballos is a great talent.I also think that will have a couple of tough years in Madrid.He looks more inmature than Vallejo or Theo.
A bit like Ramos in the beginning.
Besides he is still not cool enough to greet Bale :D

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Yep. But he never impressed me. Not that I followed him closely, but I don't expect greatness. He was very error prone when younger.
Yeah same, I feel that he's pretty mediocre, though admittedly I haven't seen much of him since his Wolfsburg days so maybe he's better than I'm given him credit for.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What? :lol: Ceballos is a dream to watch. The way he manipulates the ball and turns without a second thought. Masterclass vs Italy a few weeks ago.

Isco had only showed glimpses of his Málaga days up until the final few weeks of last season. He's playing like the Iniesta of old now.

As for Dani, he might not settle at Madrid due to homesickness. It happens to players from that region. Navas, Reyes, Nolito, etc.

Nah, he looks like a hunchback. I am not questioning his output or the results of his actions.

I just don't like his dribbling style. His back curves and bends too much and he looks awkward. Akin to a drug user.

WhoDaGOAT

Nah, he looks like a hunchback. I am not questioning his output or the results of his actions.

I just don't like his dribbling style. His back curves and bends too much and he looks awkward. Akin to a drug user.
If a player dribbled with an erection but still beats his man, then it's all good.

Robben has the weirdest hand gestures, but I don't care.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Yesterday Sevilla won 1:0 Vs rbl. Overall a decent performance. If correa learns how to finish, he could become a top player. At the moment he is sadly quite inefficient. Pozo from the cantera is an interesting talent. Maybe he gets some minutes. Three of our players didn't get visas in time which is rather amateurish from our organisation.
Kjaer didn't play but a Turkish friend of mine told me that he was the best CB in their league. Not sure that if that says more about kjaer or their league. We'll see.
Tagliafico is probably coming as lb backup, which is okay. He can also play as CB despite being a very short.

Skorenzy

Another season, another round of any half-decent player leaving Spain... it's incredible the amount of talent that's left La Liga in the past 5-6 years and yet each time the clubs manage to find replacements either through recruitment, youth development or synergy of tactics and personnel. If any league embodies the concept of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts", it's La Liga.

So far, the most notable exits for me aside from the obvious big ones (Neymar, James, Morata etc.) :

Nacho Camacho to Wolfsburg , didn't see that coming at all.. one of the best MF outside the top-4.
Rubén Castro .. even at 36yo he would've guaranteed 10+ league goals, instead he's loaned to China
Roque Mesa to Swansea (will be interested to see how he adapts to the PL, a huge loss for Las Palmas)
Sandro Ramírez to Everton (very promising striker, 14 league goals in his first full season; hope he can continue to improve in England)
Musacchio to AC Milan ... injury and bad luck have held him back a bit in the last few years but hope he can fulfill his world-class potential in Italy
Álex Berenguer to Torino... Osasuna were never keeping him (was their 2nd best player after Sergio León) but thought one of the sub-top clubs could've used him.. hope he'll fare well at Torino anyway.

Also a farewell for Kameni after 335 appearances in the Primera. I'd consider him a minor legend of Spanish football in his own right. Will miss his ability to completely blunder and perform a miracle save in the same phase of play. :D

But there's also some interesting newcomers :
  • Nélson Semedo (FC Barcelona)
  • Rúben Semedo (Villarreal)
  • Maxi Gómez (Celta) , at only 20yo looks a promising young striker ; they also got in Stanislav Lobotka of whom I know nothing, but they sure seem to love their Danish connection up there in Galicia
  • Fabian Schär (Deportivo) , looked destined for greater things at Basel, on the surface would appear to be a great get for a team like Depor
  • Douglas Luiz (Girona) , loaned from City straight out of Brazil
  • Adnan Januzaj (R.Sociedad) , strange transfer and while I think he could do well in Spain I'm not sure La Real is a good fit for him
  • Luis Muriel (Sevilla) , their most expensive signing ever (if I'm not mistaken @SfcNervion ?) but feels like a typical inconsistent winger/forward who won't score near enough the amount of goals they need and will bugger off after a season and a half of disappointment ; possibly Guido Pizarro will be a more influential signing
  • Enes Ünal (Villarreal) , prolific in Eredivisie, don't think he'll have much impact here though

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Real should be looking to dominate la liga for a few years now. They've only won 2 leagues in 8/9 seasons.

Barcelona aren't going to suddenly disappear with players like Messi and Suarez around but when it comes to fullbackd and midfield and depth of squad, Madrid are clearly the stronger team (remains to be seen how good semedo is).

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Another season, another round of any half-decent player leaving Spain... it's incredible the amount of talent that's left La Liga in the past 5-6 years and yet each time the clubs manage to find replacements either through recruitment, youth development or synergy of tactics and personnel. If any league embodies the concept of "the whole is greater than the sum of its parts", it's La Liga.

So far, the most notable exits for me aside from the obvious big ones (Neymar, James, Morata etc.) :

Nacho Camacho to Wolfsburg , didn't see that coming at all.. one of the best MF outside the top-4.
Rubén Castro .. even at 36yo he would've guaranteed 10+ league goals, instead he's loaned to China
Roque Mesa to Swansea (will be interested to see how he adapts to the PL, a huge loss for Las Palmas)
Sandro Ramírez to Everton (very promising striker, 14 league goals in his first full season; hope he can continue to improve in England)
Musacchio to AC Milan ... injury and bad luck have held him back a bit in the last few years but hope he can fulfill his world-class potential in Italy
Álex Berenguer to Torino... Osasuna were never keeping him (was their 2nd best player after Sergio León) but thought one of the sub-top clubs could've used him.. hope he'll fare well at Torino anyway.

Also a farewell for Kameni after 335 appearances in the Primera. I'd consider him a minor legend of Spanish football in his own right. Will miss his ability to completely blunder and perform a miracle save in the same phase of play. :D

But there's also some interesting newcomers :
  • Nélson Semedo (FC Barcelona)
  • Rúben Semedo (Villarreal)
  • Maxi Gómez (Celta) , at only 20yo looks a promising young striker ; they also got in Stanislav Lobotka of whom I know nothing, but they sure seem to love their Danish connection up there in Galicia
  • Fabian Schär (Deportivo) , looked destined for greater things at Basel, on the surface would appear to be a great get for a team like Depor
  • Douglas Luiz (Girona) , loaned from City straight out of Brazil
  • Adnan Januzaj (R.Sociedad) , strange transfer and while I think he could do well in Spain I'm not sure La Real is a good fit for him
  • Luis Muriel (Sevilla) , their most expensive signing ever (if I'm not mistaken @SfcNervion ?) but feels like a typical inconsistent winger/forward who won't score near enough the amount of goals they need and will bugger off after a season and a half of disappointment ; possibly Guido Pizarro will be a more influential signing
  • Enes Ünal (Villarreal) , prolific in Eredivisie, don't think he'll have much impact here though
Unfortunately not too many new exciting players :( . I didn´t know that Schär was promising. I am also curious about Fede Valverde, Betis with Setién( they could sign Boudebouz from Montpellier) and Valencia, I guess that they will sign someone else.
I do not understand the signings of Sevilla. I am not much of the opinion of bringing old glories, but let´s see.

Shuriken

They can finish above Barca, but Real look above everyone else atm.
Indeed, Real was a true force last season, but it can't possibly continue the way it has. Regardless, I think believe Atletico will snatch it anyway, that's my preliminary prediction. Of course, I might reconsider depending on transfers in and out.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Indeed, Real was a true force last season, but it can't possibly continue the way it has. Regardless, I think believe Atletico will snatch it anyway, that's my preliminary prediction. Of course, I might reconsider depending on transfers in and out.
Would love Atletico to win it again. Their core is still the same who has taken them to the top.