La Liga 2017/18

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
In better news and in spirit of the epic reunion: Bacca soon to be Sevillista. He is ready to go to Sevilla with less salary, because both he and his family like and prefer the city. Rumours suggest that it will be loan, with 10 million euro buy out clause.
Can he still perform though? Seems to me he's regressed at Milan.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
In better news and in spirit of the epic reunion: Bacca soon to be Sevillista. He is ready to go to Sevilla with less salary, because both he and his family like and prefer the city. Rumours suggest that it will be loan, with 10 million euro buy out clause.
Bacca-Muriel upfront is an interesting duo.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Sevilla is basically Argentina these days. The new Inter.

Pizarro, Banega, Montoya, Correa, Pareja, Mercado and Vazquez all play for them.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I've only seen the goals. Great assist for Escudero and classic cut-inside goal from nolito. Now both nolito and banega showed some promising stuff. Correa is also showing glimpses of quality as well. Now just one of the CFs needs to step up.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Bacca-Muriel upfront is an interesting duo.
It sure is:)

@VorZakone I think he should be better than Vietto from last year and I think he should be able to give Ben Yedder amd Muriel enough competition to make those two to keep consistency. But I am being biased, since Bacca was a serious favourite before he left, I could still be affected with the romantic idea of the striker that he was in Sevilla.:angel:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's the first game of the season. It's a celebrated tradition at arsenal to lose the opener at home. Nothing to see there

BTW, honestly you should look for something better than Bacca if you can

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
It's the first game of the season. It's a celebrated tradition at arsenal to lose the opener at home. Nothing to see there

BTW, honestly you should look for something better than Bacca if you can
Yep, that is true. Don't you dare say that about Bacca. He is the inventor of striker role, after Kanouté and Fabiano. :wenger:

But to be serious; it can't hurt to have Bacca in the squad either. If the premiss is to have him as second/third striker.

Edit: and arsenal's tradition officially ended.

Last edited:

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Vest promising team. They can have another good season.
Sevilla are always there or thereabouts. I admire them in some way. They have such little money compared to other teams of their level and lose their best players almost every season, yet they are still always competitive.

And unlike Atletico, they do this by playing attractive and attacking football.

They're such a well run club, Valencia could learn a thing or two.

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Sevilla are always there or thereabouts. I admire them in some way. They have such little money compared to other teams of their level and lose their best players almost every season, yet they are still always competitive.

Yeah, it could be worse.:) It would be interesting to see how other teams would cope with maintaining high ambitions while losing key players every summer :rolleyes::mad:

@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87 that is nice !:D

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal

Yep, a lot of clubs should learn from them.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If the referee writes in the act/game certificate (I don´t know the translation to "acta") that Cristiano pushed him, it would be from 4 to 12 games in la liga

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
ref included the shove in the report, so he's gonna miss the first 4 league games

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
No will really knows.

Madrid are apparently going to appeal the second yellow - at the moment whatever he gets for the push will be added to his one match red card ban. The disciplinary committee is expected to meet on Wednesday.
Cheers mate ;)

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
....you don't know monty python :( sigh...
Purely for educational purposes for @Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

The correct answer to:
What, did you expect the Spanish Inquisition?
is:
"No one expects the Spanish inquisition."

On the bright side for Madrid it was categorised by the ref as a light push, which makes for a 4-12 match ban, not a violent one. Typically it attracts a 4-6 ban, on top of any associated ban for the red card. That's if it gets reported by the ref, as it was here. Some refs just ignore similar things in the official report - but coming straight after a red card with all the cameras focused on it, that wasn't going to happen here.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Well,time to start our boring and repetitive debate about referees :D

Inter Yer Nan

What is the national team lineup going to look like moving forward this season and into the World Cup?

I'd like to see - De Gea, Carvajal, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Biscuits, Thiago (or Saul), Koke, Asensio, Isco, Morata but can't for the life of me see Iniesta being dropped and Silva obviously is a favorite and has generally been good on the NT. Think this lineup would have the usual midfield possession but a cutting edge in the final third.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What is the national team lineup going to look like moving forward this season and into the World Cup?

I'd like to see - De Gea, Carvajal, Pique, Ramos, Alba, Biscuits, Thiago (or Saul), Koke, Asensio, Isco, Morata but can't for the life of me see Iniesta being dropped and Silva obviously is a favorite and has generally been good on the NT. Think this lineup would have the usual midfield possession but a cutting edge in the final third.
I would play Isco,Thiago, Saúl and Busquets,although because of the hierarchy Silva and Iniesta could be in the line up.
Silva has very good moments but parts of the season where he is very bad,so we'll see.
Iniesta without many games in the legs could be great.
I have doubts about Busquets,I think that has lost a bit but we don't have a better option.
I wonder how will be the year of Ceballos and Aleñá.
I heard that Theo wants to play for Spain.He would be my second choice(or even first) for the left back