La Liga 2017/18

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He played well and had a couple huge chances in the first half. We just didn't play as well in the second

He still had a couple great passes. Actually doing a very good job helping the team's play
That's good. We're going to need him to be in form for the Switzerland game.

Skorenzy

Only watching since the 65th minute but Cristiano is half as dangerous when playing centre forward. He just gets isolated and there are always 2 defenders on him
That's because Espanyol improved immensely in the 2nd half; in the 1st a couple of straightforward balls over the top and loose marking on Cristiano were enough for some one-on-ones that were saved by Pau López or crowded out by returning defenders. However he had a great team performance and created 3 or 4 outstanding chances. Only Isco was better I'd say.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
That's because Espanyol improved immensely in the 2nd half; in the 1st a couple of straightforward balls over the top and loose marking on Cristiano were enough for some one-on-ones that were saved by Pau López or crowded out by returning defenders. However he had a great team performance and created 3 or 4 outstanding chances. Only Isco was better I'd say.
Not just because of today but it's always been the case with him. He's a lot more dangerous arriving in the box than when he's in it. I don't think he'll ever be a striker, he just ends up getting isolated and the CBs can mark him a lot easier.

Playing with both Isco and Asensio won't realy work well for him imo. One of them and then either Benzema, Bale or even Mayoral would be better.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday I missed the match.What do you think about Achraf?played well?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Meant more in general, not just tonight's game.
He's been pretty good. Been awkward as he had built up an understanding with Yeray as a CB pairing and unfortunately that has been disrupted. Now paired with another talented youngster Nunez. Then De Marcos has been out for around 5 weeks with an ankle problem, the RB position has been shared between a couple of players. De Marcos now back in training but still feeling a bit of discomfort. Laporte had a nasty injury so it is good to see him coming back to some sort of form.

Devil may care

Valencia have been fun to watch so far this season, I really like the look of Carlos Soler and they are rapid on the counter.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Didn't know where else to post this, but I thought it was an amazing stat and deserves posting: according to Squawka, Jan Oblak has kept more clean sheets (50) for Atletico Madrid than he has conceded goals (49).

Crazy.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Didn't know where else to post this, but I thought it was an amazing stat and deserves posting: according to Squawka, Jan Oblak has kept more clean sheets (50) for Atletico Madrid than he has conceded goals (49).

Crazy.
Top and underrated keeper. He is getting a big soon.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
First time I got to see Las Palmas' new keeper, Chichizola, and he looked quite good with some impressive saves

Match 8 | 13/16 October - Atletico V Barca on Saturday night

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
From the BBC so all times are UK.

Friday 13th October

• Espanyol 20:00 Levante
Saturday 14th October
  • Athletic Bilbao 12:00 Sevilla
  • Getafe 15:15 Real Madrid
  • Alavés 17:30 Real Sociedad
  • Atlético Madrid 19:45 Barcelona
Sunday 15th October
  • Eibar 11:00 Deportivo La Coruña
  • Girona 15:15 Villarreal
  • Malaga 17:30 Leganés
  • Real Betis 19:45 Valencia
Monday 16th October
  • Las Palmas 20:00 Celta Vigo

Draconifire

Supports
FC Barcelona
Valverde has the oportunity to equal the record of 8/8 wins, which was set by Tata by all people. Lol. And we went to have the worst season in recent times. Goes to show how insignificant these records are.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
A win at Atletico would be unbelievable. A draw would be fine. It will be an interesting measure of where the team currently is. There are still a couple of holes in the starting 11.

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Would be nice for Getafe to get something here, ease off the pressure on Barca on Wanda.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Getafe don't really deserve to be level and their goal was offside. I don't think they'll hold on though, there's too much time left