La Liga 2018/19

breakout67

Supports
Man City
so much for magic, Barca are basically resting here. the game needs Sociedad to score somehow.
They've already won the title, its just about confirming it mathematically. Barcelona could probably draw every game left and still win the league.

Bole Top

They've already won the title, its just about confirming it mathematically. Barcelona could probably draw every game left and still win the league.
I understand that, but was still hoping for one of those demolitions we all love to watch.

zkap

Supports
Barça
We have come to expect this sort of performance. The most important thing at this point is to avoid injuries and give some players a bit of rest.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
That Real Madrid - Athletic first half...

My half-time highlight package was 26 seconds long, of those there were 9 seconds of players walking onto the pitch.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Athletic are one of the worst coached teams i've seen tactically. They run a lot, but have zero organization. We could have scored 3 goals easily, and we're playing in slippers more or less

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol:

30 goals for him this season. And still in most of our worst defeates of the season(barca in copa and ajax) he was there, missing sitters

If only he could have been more clinical :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Athletic are one of the worst coached teams i've seen tactically. They run a lot, but have zero organization. We could have scored 3 goals easily, and we're playing in slippers more or less
Points picked up under Berizzo: 11 points from 14 games.

Garitano: 35 from 19 games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Points picked up under Berizzo: 11 points from 14 games.

Garitano: 35 from 19 games.
Today they were awful. They ran around a lot, really a lot, and were very physical and fast, but that's it. Headless chickens, zero ideas, not even a semblance of organization

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Today they were awful. They ran around a lot, really a lot, and were very physical and fast, but that's it. Headless chickens, zero ideas, not even a semblance of organization
With Raul Garcia and Williams as the main attacking options they're obviously going to play on counter and try to get some set pieces.

Garitano has done an amazing job with those stats as Bilbao were firmly in bottom 3 when he got the job. Now they're just a win away from europa positions.

I know Real Madrid have had a poor season but please spare me this shock at actually winning a game convincingly. You want another CL awarded for a 3-0 home win?:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
With Raul Garcia and Williams as the main attacking options they're obviously going to play on counter and try to get some set pieces.

Garitano has done an amazing job with those stats as Bilbao were firmly in bottom 3 when he got the job. Now they're just a win away from europa positions.

I know Real Madrid have had a poor season but please spare me this shock at actually winning a game convincingly. You want another CL awarded for a 3-0 home win?:lol:
Nah, i'm not shocked at us winning, i'm shocked at how bad they looked

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Getafe with a 3-0 win over Sevilla and move back into the top 4:D
Got Real Madrid at home on Thursday, looking forward to that one. Hopefully more than 10% of the crowd will actually be supporting Getafe in that one.

Skorenzy

:lol:

30 goals for him this season. And still in most of our worst defeates of the season(barca in copa and ajax) he was there, missing sitters

If only he could have been more clinical :(
He's on 30 goals in 50 apps so far (21 in 33 in La Liga). His 2nd most prolific season at RM in all comps.
Got 32 in 52 back in 2011/12 (21 in 34 in La Liga).
His most prolific league season was also the most efficient: in 2015/16 he scored 24 in 27 apps (and 28 in 36 overall).

Too bad they're mostly "meaningless" goals now, but it should do wonders for his confidence at least. Compared to 5 (!) in 32 La Liga games last season.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Watching LaLiga highlights on ITV now. Is there always so many empty seats at the games? Bilbao vs Real and the stadium is nowhere near full.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Watching LaLiga highlights on ITV now. Is there always so many empty seats at the games? Bilbao vs Real and the stadium is nowhere near full.
Real Madrid fans been boycotting lately, was only 40k for a recent home match.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It looked like the Real section was full but the rest wasn't though. You would think Bilbao fans would turn up for it?
Real Madrid were at home. Bilbao probably had about 1k in the upper tier.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Lovely goal by Alena, great dummy by Suarez.

Interesting VAR review for the penalty. Umtiti offside taking goal off Pique, but handball just before so penalty, scored by Suarez.

Messi and Alba resting. Not sure why they've bothered bringing them on.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Real Madrid were at home. Bilbao probably had about 1k in the upper tier.
Eh so they were. I just saw the section of white shirts behind the goal and assumed. Because it was the end of the highlights I didn't see the score graphic. Makes more sense then.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Eh so they were. I just saw the section of white shirts behind the goal and assumed. Because it was the end of the highlights I didn't see the score graphic. Makes more sense then.
Yeah that's the ultras own seciton behind the goal, not sure if they get given the white shirts or it's their own. Not quite as cringy as the crowd making out the T Mobile at Bayern Munich at least.:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah that's the ultras own seciton behind the goal, not sure if they get given the white shirts or it's their own. Not quite as cringy as the crowd making out the T Mobile at Bayern Munich at least.:lol:
Not ultras. That's the section taken from the ultras actually. People who sit there have to wear white and cheer like ultras for 90 minutes, but they're basically a club-founded(and funded afaik), club controlled pseudo-ultras group, that exists specifically to keep the actual Ultras from seating in that section

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not ultras. That's the section taken from the ultras actually. People who sit there have to wear white and cheer like ultras for 90 minutes, but they're basically a club-founded(and funded afaik), club controlled pseudo-ultras group, that exists specifically to keep the actual Ultras from seating in that section
Really, interesting as I just assumed it was the Ultras (think your main group is called Fondo Sur?) and they always used to sit in that part of the ground so just thought they all turned up in white shirts to stand out from the other fans. Did they fall out with Perez then as abroad there is closer working relationship between group and club than what you get in England.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Really, interesting as I just assumed it was the Ultras (think your main group is called Fondo Sur?) and they always used to sit in that part of the ground so just thought they all turned up in white shirts to stand out from the other fans. Did they fall out with Perez then as abroad there is closer working relationship between group and club than what you get in England.
They're a violent group with neo-nazi leadership and fascist ideology. They were never on Florentino's good side, and kicking them out of the stadium is of the best things he's done as president.

Mind, the way it's been an imperfect solution