La Liga 2018/19

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Judging by the 2018 Gamper against Boca Jrs., Malcom and youngster Ricky Puig are top class.

Dembelé was abysmal though.
Puig is the future of their midfield. Amazing young player.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Dembele was incredible against Sevilla. He is going to have an amazing season

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Lo Patego is already starting his potential at Madrid. This is going to turn into an "I told you so" thread sooner than expected :D

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Am I hearing this right, La Liga to play games abroad from next season?:nono:

SharpshooterTom

What do you guys (especially Barca fans) think about this?

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/08/14/5b731b10268e3e8d5d8b4567.html

Messi reportedly not going to play for Argentina for the foreseeable future?

Argentina have scheduled friendlies against Guatamala and Colombia in the US next month. They are also set play a glamour friendly against Brazil in October in Saudi Arabia, but Messi is set not to play in any of them if these reports are true, and he's not likely to play any friendlies next year either.

I personally don't mind this, he's already played for Argentina's 130 times, is their all time top goalscorer with 65 goals giving them a lifetime of service. If wants to play part time, they should let him. Some might not like that, for example some people didn't like it when Ibrahimovic all of a sudden made himself available for the WC this summer after not participating in any of the qualifiers, thinking that was unfair on the other players who got them there.

But Messi's given a lifetime of service to Argentina already, its not his fault they're trophyless. I guess Messi looks like he wants participate in tournaments only (maybe a handful of CONMEBOL qualifiers if needed).

Thoughts on Messi possibly playing part-time?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Great news for Barcelona, bad news for Argentina.

Argentina have a new manager, playing 0 games in preparation for the Copa America with the player the team will be built around is obviously not ideal. Or does this mean Messi won’t play in the Copa America?

SharpshooterTom

Great news for Barcelona, bad news for Argentina.

Argentina have a new manager, playing 0 games in preparation for the Copa America with the player the team will be built around is obviously not ideal. Or does this mean Messi won’t play in the Copa America?
They questioned this in the article, although I personally think he will. Remember Argentina have got Copa America's in both 2019 and 2020 potentially, means he wont get a summer off for a while, so playing in pointless friendlies half way around the world in between la liga matches, not really worth it is it?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
They questioned this in the article, although I personally think he will. Remember Argentina have got Copa America's in both 2019 and 2020 potentially, means he wont get a summer off for a while, so playing in pointless friendlies half way around the world in between la liga matches, not really worth it is it?
Are they really going to have another Copa America in 2020? Having 4 Copa Americas between 2015 and 2020 would be ridiculous

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Messi apparently waiting until new coach is appointed, Then he will see if the new "project" talk is serious. Argentina also going to call up host of new players so I'd imagine he wants them to develop their own style rather than passing him the ball constantly as we've seen last few years.

Can see the logic in this.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Girona vs Valladolid just started

Bono - Porro, Juanpe, Bernado, Muniesa - David Timor. Granell - Portu, Aleix Garcia, Borja Garcia - Stuani

Masip - Moyano, Kiko Olivas, Calero, Nacho - Borja - Keko, Anuar, Alcaraz, Villa - Ramos

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Today, the intention of LaLiga is that the game played in the US is Real Betis-FC Barcelona in March 2019 in Miami. If the order of the game is not changed, it would be the one in Villamarín.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Atlético squad is incredible, they have so much depth they could field two teams that would easily be top 4.

Inter Yer Nan

Today, the intention of LaLiga is that the game played in the US is Real Betis-FC Barcelona in March 2019 in Miami. If the order of the game is not changed, it would be the one in Villamarín.
That’s a potentially tricky away game for Barca that’s essentially turned into a home game.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That’s a potentially tricky away game for Barca that’s essentially turned into a home game.
Yes, quite unfair. They should have warned with more time, even postpone it for 19/20, or maybe, not play a game, but two, both Betis-Barça and Barça-Betis, in some other location

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
Atlético squad is incredible, they have so much depth they could field two teams that would easily be top 4.
They would probably be 20º because they would play with 9 players.

They only have 20 squad players (2 of them being GK). The 9 back-ups are good they don't have too much depth in numbers.

DavidDeSchmikes

Girona 0-0 Valladolid FT

Valladolid are back in La Liga after a 4 year absence
Girona have a new manager in Eusebio Sacristan (former Sociedad, Barcelona B and Celta manager). He has replaced Pablo Machin (who has joined Sevilla). In fact 9 La Liga teams start the season with new managers.

Celta Vigo- Antonio Mohamed
Girona- Eusebio Sacristan
Real Madrid- Julen Lopetegui
Real Sociedad- Asier Garitano
Huesca (who are making their La Liga debut)- Leo Franco
Sevilla- Pablo Machin
Espanyol- Rubi (who got Huesca promoted to La Liga)
Leganes- Mauricio Pellegrino
Athletic Bilbao- Eduardo Berizzo

Skorenzy

Yeah he was already excellent last season, but that was just a devastating run and finish. :drool:

Inter Yer Nan

They would probably be 20º because they would play with 9 players.

They only have 20 squad players (2 of them being GK). The 9 back-ups are good they don't have too much depth in numbers.
First XI

Oblak

Arias
Godin
Giminez (can cover RB even CM)
Lucas (can cover CB)

Saul (CM or RW in a 3 or 4 man midfield)
Koke (anywhere in midfield)
Rodrigo
Lemar

Griezmann
Costa

Bench

Adan (GK)
Juanfran RB
Savic CB
Filipe Luis LB
Gelson RW
Correa RW or FW
Vitolo RW or LW
Partey CM even RB as cover)
Kalinic FW

There's definitely a lot of versatility. I think the only player they'd miss tremendously due to injury would be Griezmann. I guess Godin too but I think Lucas+Giminez is a better pairing than most sides in Europe. Luckily for them they have good injury records too.

Skorenzy

Paco López has done such an impressive job since taking over at Levante back in March. I believe they had the 2nd best record in La Liga under him, second only to a Barça side that they thrashed and inflicted its only defeat to.

Br1_ovi

Supports
F.C. Barcelona
I think a squad of 20 players is so short. Juanfran is a liability this days for example, they need Arias to be good.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
So much hype around Bétis and they lose their first game 3-0 at home to Levante...

Doctor Tornasol

Supports
Football
Yeah pretty disappointing start for Betis but as Skorenzy says this Levante was already doing wonders last season since Paco Lopez got in charge of the team. Seriously, keep an eye on that project.

MichaelKorleone

It was already free in India on SonyLiv. I hope they dont remove that.
edit: the CL/ Europa League are free as well.
As far as I understand, Sony don't have La Liga telecast rights anymore for Indian subcontinent. Only way to watch La Liga in these countries would be to stream the matches through Facebook as they won't be shown on tv.