La Liga 2018/19

Eddy_JukeZ

Barcelona still dull like last season.

Will be up to Messi to salvage their season again.

SharpshooterTom

Barcelona will still be the favourites to win the CL. People on here regarded Barca the favourites back in february, and the year before that and the year before that, no matter how many CL's Real Madrid win, Barcelona will always seem to be favourites. :D

They're the All Blacks of European football at the moment.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Seniority.
Well seniority is a fecking dumb argument to choose a captain in general. It gives you guys like Antonio Valencia who don't even speak the language. I hope some day people will stop with that, and stop with giving it to the best player by default when they are at it.

On another note, I always have to watch these LaLiga ads: "It's not football, it's LaLiga". Whoever came up with that deserves a slap

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Would have been a goal but Dembele is being consistently frustrating in this game. Moves are breaking up or not being finished by Dembele.
I can only remember one clear chance, Suarez has been far worse and the cause of a lot more moves breaking down IMO.

Skorenzy

Well seniority is a fecking dumb argument to choose a captain in general. It gives you guys like Antonio Valencia who don't even speak the language. I hope some day people will stop with that, and stop with giving it to the best player by default when they are at it.

On another note, I always have to watch these LaLiga ads: "It's not football, it's LaLiga". Whoever came up with that deserves a slap
It is what it is. As long as there are enough mentally strong and vocal characters in the squad, it shouldn't really matter whether they wear an armband or not.

Personally for me La Liga is best summed up by one journo's line from an article a couple of years ago; "La Liga - played by geniuses, run by idiots."

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
What is incredible is how Suarez gets so much playing time.

SharpshooterTom

Incredible that we have to explain it
He's played well, easily Barca's best player, but I've seen Messi play better. I'm not a Messi/Ronaldo sycophant so if I occassionally criticise them or question the hyperbole, you'll have to excuse me.

Skorenzy

Both Suárez and Dembélé have been extremely wasteful, but for the former it looks further part of a terminal decline whereas the latter at least looks sharp and lively.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Eh that Dembele fella is never gonna be a 100m player.

izec

Suarez isnt good enough anymore. He will score some goals, but thats expected with the service he gets. His overall play and killer instinct in front of goal are declining quickly

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I see Barca haven't changed from last season: slow play hoping for Messi and now Coutinho (who was superb once again) to create something.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
I want to see Malcom at RW next time. Maybe Messi could play false 9 again?

MadMike

Dembele would do well to reach the level Nani did for 1-2 seasons.
:D Well time's on his side at least.

One thing I know is that a £150m player he isn't. He might become one, one day, but he isn't one worth half that now. The move was way too premature for him.

Eddy_JukeZ

:D Well time's on his side at least.

One thing I know is that a £150m player he isn't. He might become one, one day, but he isn't one worth half that now. The move was way too premature for him.
I agree.

Ziginho

Supports
Barcelona
Amazing first match for Barcelona. Interesting fact - everytime Messi scored a first goal in La Liga for Barca, they went to win the CL. I have a feeling we're doing it this year team too. This season this team finally has the required depth to go deep in the CL and in the domestic competition. With motivated Messi nobody can beat us. I can't wait for the rest of the season. I don't think we're going to have many problems winning La Liga because both Real and Atletico will struggle to grind results in the long run.

As far Real is concerned, I'm not concerned about them being our competition. Without CR7 and Zidane they will be competing for that 4th spot. Nothing to worry about that though. Finally, I can say, I've waited for this for quite some time.

SharpshooterTom

Amazing first match for Barcelona. Interesting fact - everytime Messi scored a first goal in La Liga for Barca, they went to win the CL. I have a feeling we're doing it this year team too. This season this team finally has the required depth to go deep in the CL and in the domestic competition. With motivated Messi nobody can beat us. I can't wait for the rest of the season. I don't think we're going to have many problems winning La Liga because both Real and Atletico will struggle to grind results in the long run.

As far Real is concerned, I'm not concerned about them being our competition. Without CR7 and Zidane they will be competing for that 4th spot. Nothing to worry about that though. Finally, I can say, I've waited for this for quite some time.
Yeah just hand them the trophy now, don't know why Pep's City or PSG should even bother turning up for. Brazil 1970 esque for sure.

On a serious note Barcelona didn't look anything special in the first half with exception of Messi, they've got a solid defence though.

You're only setting yourself up for a fall if you think the treble's inevitable. Barca are good, but they're not that good, and Messi isn't always going to be the Messiah every match, just like he wasn't against Roma, Juventus, or Atletico in past 3 CL seasons. You take Messi out and they would be quite ordinary.

Schneckerl

You're only setting yourself up for a fall if you think the treble's inevitable. Barca are good, but they're not that good, and Messi isn't always going to be the Messiah every match, just like he wasn't against Roma, Juventus, or Atletico in past 3 CL seasons. You take Messi out and they would be quite ordinary.
I think with Coutinho they have another player who can win them games from time to time when Messi has a bad day. They really lacked that last season in the CL and the first half of La Liga.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Find Barca games so boring nowadays unless it's a Clasico or they have a tough away game in the CL.

Messi aside I don't see a huge amount of flair, certainly compared to the sides from 2006-15.

Alaves in fairness give them good games at Camp Nou but find so many teams don't bother to compete so they won't attack and it's just a question of getting Messi on the ball and waiting for him to create chances or fire in a free kick.

A few more Levante style games from last season and I might be a fan again.

Ziginho

Supports
Barcelona
Tbh I think that we can go unbeaten this season. Last season's match against Levante was just unlucky. This season the team has the required depth and as someone stated in the upper post, Coutinho, Dembele can take some of the burden Messi carries.

Varun

Staff

Amazing:lol: