La Liga 2018/19

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
How many times does Messi have to put Dembele in a good position and this game keeps fecking up. He's lucky he plays for Barca and is surrounded by greatness. He's as inconsistent as most of ours.
His decision making is terrible, or just a complete lack of confidence.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
His decision making is terrible, or just a complete lack of confidence.
Imagine he played for us? Oh Lord.

Definitely not worth that money. Do players from Dortmund just flatter to deceive? Take them away from Dortmund and it's just not the same.

Jazz

Levante hit the post

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Imagine he played for us? Oh Lord.

Definitely not worth that money. Do players from Dortmund just flatter to deceive? Take them away from Dortmund and it's just not the same.
Maybe. He makes the same bad decisions that Rashford makes. Not sure we need another one who does that.

Jazz

Maybe. He makes the same bad decisions that Rashford makes. Not sure we need another one who does that.
He'd get such abuse here:lol:

I just wonder if it's Dortmund's system that gets all these players functioning and looking good because as soon as they leave they don't have the same productivity. Would stay away from buying any more of their players.

Jazz

Now they've won they need to rest up for Pool. Hopefully they have the required energy left to do the job.

Jazz

Not too much celebrating lads you have Liverpool next!

Jazz

Oh my their kids are so sweet!

Hoof the ball

Not particularly worried about Liverpool vs. Barça.

Redcafe tends of overrate Liverpool due to what they're doing this season in the EPL. As we've seen in the CL group stages, any team that plays a possession based team with any kind of quality is able to overcome Liverpool's high press. They would be considered fortunate to have qualified all things considered. Also, arguably La Liga as a whole is far more press resistant from top to bottom than the Premier League. Whereas teams panic vs. Liverpool domestically, European teams are more able to handle them and we'll see this vs. Barça.

Alba, Pique, Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur, Coutinho, Messi and Suarez are more than able to deal with high pressure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not particularly worried about Liverpool vs. Barça.

Redcafe tends of overrate Liverpool due to what they're doing this season in the EPL. As we've seen in the CL group stages, any team that plays a possession based team with any kind of quality is able to overcome Liverpool's high press. They would be considered fortunate to have qualified all things considered. Also, arguably La Liga as a whole is far more press resistant from top to bottom than the Premier League. Whereas teams panic vs. Liverpool domestically, European teams are more able to handle them and we'll see this vs. Barça.

Alba, Pique, Roberto, Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur, Coutinho, Messi and Suarez are more than able to deal with high pressure.
Liverpool will score at Camp Nou I'm pretty sure which will complicate things.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
What on earth was that trophy presentation!? :lol:
La Liga celebrations are weird. It should be the last home game of the season where the trophy is presented. And wasn't it in 2014 when Atletico won La liga but didn't even get a trophy presentation.

wr8_utd

:'(
Even if they do, Barça will score at Anfield. They're not a team that plays different home and away. They're just as likely to dominate possession and play offensive away as they do at home. Of that I'm sure of.
Barcelona have two away knockout goals in their last 6-8 CL ties. I've no idea what gives you this confidence that they'll score. I'd have a lot more faith if the first leg was at Anfield.
Also Barça concede a bucket load of chances on the counter and Liverpool are far more likely to take advantage of those than most Liga teams do.

wr8_utd

:'(
Seeing a lot of Dembélé criticism on here. While he still doesn't have the greatest of decision making I think he Was having a great season before this latest set of injuries. He's had two injuries back to back that have really set him back and he's still making his way back to his best. He was crucial to Barca before the injuries and he's gotten them a lot of points in Liga with his late and/or decisive goals. Was also great when he came on vs Lyon at a time when the game was beginning to look a bit dangerous for Barca.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
The trophy presentation was unusual, but the people in charge over there don't seem to have a fixed rule about it. They do often bring out the trophy on a plinth for the captain to be presented with it, who then takes it over to the players but they don't do a medal presentation like in UK leagues. They once did it for Barca before a match, which was really weird. Winning clubs often have a seperate "proper" celebration even anyway.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Shame the title race wasn't great, Barcelona far more consistent and able to get points from losing positions. I always felt since the Vallecano comeback with two goals in last 3 minutes in November, they would be champions. Atletico under-performed this season with the squad they have. Griezmann and Costa have had issues and looks like Griezmann wants out.

They are hunting for the treble again, and will be thankful they can rest players for the Vigo away game, which is usually very tricky in between the Liverpool fixtures. The second leg at Anfield going to be a massive game.

zkap

Supports
Barça
It was fitting to win the league like this. A non-inspiring 1-0 at home against the team that beat us last season, with Messi scoring the winner. We’ve won it with three games to go, just like last season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wow. Getafe got capital R Robbed :houllier::houllier::houllier:

Spanish refs are a joke, even with VAR :lol:

Fight for final CL spot in Spain taking a page from Italy today, nobody move :lol:

Btw, I suck at math but i believe we're now mathematically 3rd?

DavidDeSchmikes

Huesca draw against Villarreal 1-1, and are now on a six game unbeaten run, but it doesn't help their relegation battle