La Liga 2019/20

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Could be a good successor for Modric.

What's up with Ceballos? Will he return to you or stay at Arsenal?
I really, really rated him after U21 euros 2018 (or was it 2017?), what happened to him at your club?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

I really, really rated him after U21 euros 2018 (or was it 2017?), what happened to him at your club?
People have been talking about him for weeks, especially Itk's but it seems very difficult, and the news comes from the Catalan press.
They would have to sell many players to be possible.
It is said that Zidane did not like Ceballos, but that after seeing him with Arteta he wanted to give him a chance in preseason.

I also rate him but unfortunately I don't think he´ll have a future at Real Madrid.
Even if he finally stays I think he would play little, and he would want to leave next summer, so if the offer was good, maybe I would sell him now.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Do you think Perez will ok the deal without selling first ?

Rumours are it's sell to buy this window.
The team needs some reinforcement so I imagine if he gets rid of James and Bale they could make an effort.
I also read rumors that sales are to pay wages. As Florentino said, I cannot ask players to cut their salary and then sign players.
Also from what I understand they have not wanted state aid from Covid19, making things more difficult.
The only advantage is that Aulas and Florentino are very close, when it comes to facilitating an agreement (although logically they would not give us the player cheaper).

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Malaga have laid off all of their players! :eek:

What's going on with that club?!
one of the dodgiest owners in professional football. He invested a fair bit of money after buying the club, but totally overextended and overspend. Shortly afterwards constant financial and legal problems started to surround the club and him. They frequently failed to pay wages on time even when they did well. I am pretty sure there are several lawsuits about embezzlement, the ownership of the club, misappropriation and unpaid wages. Corona was probably the last nail in the coffin. Moral of the story: If you get bought by an investor, you better pray that its one of the super rich ones, because otherwise you are fecked.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
one of the dodgiest owners in professional football. He invested a fair bit of money after buying the club, but totally overextended and overspend. Shortly afterwards constant financial and legal problems started to surround the club and him. They frequently failed to pay wages on time even when they did well. I am pretty sure there are several lawsuits about embezzlement, the ownership of the club, misappropriation and unpaid wages. Corona was probably the last nail in the coffin. Moral of the story: If you get bought by an investor, you better pray that its one of the super rich ones, because otherwise you are fecked.
Funnily enough, one would consider their Qatari owners to be one of the rich ones. It's sad how they've been mismanaged after so much initial excitement for their fans. Let's hope that this isn't the beginning of the end for the club.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He is already beginning to be criticized again, for his weight.

United Junkie

Maybe buying Malaga had something do with Juan Carlos? Who knows? Maybe it was a mutual financial transaction for both parties. The Qataris put some money somewhere and they get some stuff or something. Like the Saudis did. I mean the Sheikh splashed serious fooking money at Malaga and got no returns whatsoever on the football pitch. Zero football results.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Leeds signing Rodrigo from Valencia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53914263

I remember him getting linked on here to Real Madrid for 70-80m last year and going WTF. :lol:

Was he just really bad last year, 4 La Liga goals last season and Valencia were top 8 for pretty much all the season so can't say they were a terrible side.

Even the previous season he scored just 8 in the league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Valencia were terrible this season except when they could park the bus and counter

Rodrygo was supposed to go to atletico last summer with the club pushing him out, but atletico didn't have the money in the end so he stayed

Good player, not a great goalscorer

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Going back to Arsenal on loan, same conditions as last season apparently.

I rate him too, but for some reason Zidane prefers other options in midfield nowadays.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Going back to Arsenal on loan, same conditions as last season apparently.

I rate him too, but for some reason Zidane prefers other options in midfield nowadays.
I wonder if Zidane's looking for a little extra from Ceballos. Dani's great at carrying the ball forward, and he's good at finding spaces and maintaining the attacking tempo. However, he doesn't have the vision or passing range that either Modric or Odegaard have, but he does sort of make up for it with his better defensive hustle.

Personally, I think Ceballos might be a bench player at Real Madrid at best. Zidane would want Ceballos to either be more of a runner like Valverde or a more creative passer like Modric/Odegaard.