La Liga 2019/20

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Betis still can't defend for shit

Tried to park the bus, only they lost the bus and are left with the parking lot...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Betis still can't defend for shit

Tried to park the bus, only they lost the bus and are left with the parking lot...
18-19 clean sheets

Real Madrid - 12
Real Betis - 11

Minimal difference really.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
What a dream time for any liga team to play Barca without Suarez, Messi, Dembele and now no Coutinho. Seize the opportunity Betis.

haram

I don't know which poster on here was saying Griezmann would flop but I hope they are watching.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Beautiful finish from Greizmann.

I seem to be in minority but think he's a great signing for Barca. Will freshen up their attack with Suarez declining and Messi perhaps picking up more injuries now.

Confetti was odd though. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He's at the right club. Barcelona are basically the real life version of San Francisco in South Park

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don't know which poster on here was saying Griezmann would flop but I hope they are watching.
About 90% of this forum. Someone said why did they sign Greizmann when they need CM and central defenders....look at all the money they've spent on those in last two years e.g. Vidal, Arthur, Mina, Murillo, Lenglet etc.

For an elite club Barca really don't have much depth at all in the final third when Messi or Suarez aren't around. He was very much needed imo and is flexible enough to be able to move around to accomodate Messi needs.

wr8_utd

:'(
That is a world class finish from Griezmann. This is why Suarez can not return to the lineup when he's back as it forces Griezmann to play wide.

haram

About 90% of this forum. Someone said why did they sign Greizmann when they need CM and central defenders....look at all the money they've spent on those in last two years e.g. Vidal, Arthur, Mina, Murillo, Lenglet etc.

For an elite club Barca really don't have much depth at all in the final third when Messi or Suarez aren't around. He was very much needed imo and is flexible enough to be able to move around to accomodate Messi needs.
Someone was specifically calling him not very good.

ReallyUSA

Great goal, goofy celebration. Take the good with the goofy I suppose. Wish we pulled that transfer off.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lovely finish from Perez. Never heard of him before tonight but he looks like he has something, impressed me with his workrate and runs. Could be a new Pedro type player for them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, betis are gunk

Will get relegated this year, after they win at the bernabeu because why not

freeurmind

weak willed
I would take Griezmann with all the celebrations and cringeworthiness in a second. He'll get 30+ this season for Barca

wr8_utd

I think he's a great signing IF he plays up top. The problem at Barca is that Suarez is a guaranteed starter irrespective of how poorly he plays and in such a situation Griezmann is forced wide and he's kind of ineffective there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That is a world class finish from Griezmann. This is why Suarez can not return to the lineup when he's back as it forces Griezmann to play wide.
And beyond goal poaching in the six yard box Suarez isn't actually that good anymore imo. His technical quality has gone right down over last 2 years and he also seems to have lost a bit of pace to dribble round defenders on edge of the box.

This season to me Greizmann should be number one central striker and Suarez used more from bench particularly in CL second legs when Barca need an away goal to go through which has been beyond them last two seasons.

wr8_utd

Who is this Perez ?
Come through the ranks. He had a good preseason for Barca and it was expected he'd have some part to play this season. The injuries to Messi and Dembele fast tracked the process.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think he's a great signing IF he plays up top. The problem at Barca is that Suarez is a guaranteed starter irrespective of how poorly he plays and in such a situation Griezmann is forced wide and he's kind of ineffective there.
Yeah my point is Suarez shouldn't be automatic starter but guess if you're Messi's best mate that's going to still be massive factor.

Of course Greizmann out wide isn't ideal but he did shift a bit out wide at Atletico when Diego Costa was at his peak and having great seasons so he is a bit more flexible than other forwards who can only play centrally.

wr8_utd

And beyond goal poaching in the six yard box Suarez isn't actually that good anymore imo. His technical quality has gone right down over last 2 years and he also seems to have lost a bit of pace to dribble round defenders on edge of the box.

This season to me Greizmann should be number one central striker and Suarez used more from bench particularly in CL second legs when Barca need an away goal to go through which has been beyond them last two seasons.
I agree. I find Suarez absolutely hopeless and yet he keeps getting games. I'm convinced even this season he's going to continue to be first choice despite the presence of Griezmann. He's just completely undroppable.