La Liga 2019/20

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
That was such a boring game from two conservative managers. Real's attack should be much better than it is, for the longest time I didn't even realise Hazard was playing.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That was pathetic by Atleti. Why be happy with a draw? They'll qualify to the Champions League regardless, might aswell go all out to try and win the league. A draw isn't a good result.

Madrid have improved from last year and look better defensively, still not at the level they should be though. Atletico look exactly the same as last year.

Barca are in a crisis and they're 2 points off first :houllier:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What games were these?

4-1 Atletico super cup - Anonymous
0-0 - Same as above
1-3 - Hiding
2-1 win - He played well but hardly tore them to shreds. Late winner. Atletico couldn't even beat Qarabag that year :lol:

So he played well enough in 2 games out of 5 against an Atletico side in poor form.

Winning 1 game but tore them to shreds whilst never scoring?
Oh yeah, he played them a few more times.

Ok, let me correct: the last two times he played against them with chelsea he tore them to shreds

Never scoring, but he had 1 assist and generated the own goal, so 2 of chelsea's 3 goals had his mark. And he was giving them fits all game in both. In a way i'd not even seen from Messi or Neymar. They literally couldn't come near him

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Real massively improved defensively since a couple of weeks ago when I saw them last. Just new signings not working any magic upfront.

Atletico a bit flat and didn't create much, also need their new attack to click. Trippier looks very good.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Anyways, aside from a couple lapses, we actually look good on defence! :lol:

We still need to figure out this "attack" malarkey

RooneyLegend

You and me both tbf. Not to say that he can't be a good player but ya it was an outrageously unjustified fee.
Some on here are advocating we do the same thing with Sancho which i find odd. Over the years ive seen just as many talents fail as ive seen them live up to the hype. They payed the money he'd be worth if he fulfilled all his potential and we all know that road can be a bumpy one to say the least. This behaviour of acting like every talented youngster is Neymar/Mbappe/Rooney is a strange one to me.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Some on here are advocating we do the same thing with Sancho which i find odd. Over the years ive seen just as many talents fail as ive seen them live up to the hype. They payed the money he'd be worth if he fulfilled all his potential and we all know that road can be a bumpy one to say the least. This behaviour of acting like every talented youngster is Neymar/Mbappe/Rooney is a strange one to me.
The “difference” for me is that Sancho at least is “proven” In a much better league and title contender and CL play.

Felix had 6 months of senior football to his name. He is talented no doubt but still too raw to be worth 126M.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Real massively improved defensively since a couple of weeks ago when I saw them last. Just new signings not working any magic upfront.

Atletico a bit flat and didn't create much, also need their new attack to click. Trippier looks very good.
After a good Atletico start they seem to have hit a rough patch now.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Real leading the table, looks like Zidane won't be sacked in the near future and might not be overrated as some people predicted. Good on him.

Looking at their squad, Hazard, Vinicius and Rodrygo will be in one hell of a fight for the left wing position. Crazy how many good options they have. Something to be envious of for United fans these days...

RooneyLegend

Real leading the table, looks like Zidane won't be sacked in the near future and might not be overrated as some people predicted. Good on him.

Looking at their squad, Hazard, Vinicius and Rodrygo will be in one hell of a fight for the left wing position. Crazy how many good options they have. Something to be envious of for United fans these days...
A fit and firing Hazard strolls into the side.

wr8_utd

:'(
Super result for Barca this. They've been in absolutely awful form all season, have played without Dembele and Messi pretty much all season and yet find themselves 2 points off the top? They'll take it. Feels like a missed opportunity for the Madrid sides to pull away before Barca get into some sort of form.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea

Real squad is very good, team looks much more balanced than few weeks ago and didn't concede many chances against Atleti yesterday, who are also struggling going forward a bit though in fairness. Still not convinced by Real though, yet. PSG game was only 11 days ago...

League has a very even level of teams so far this season. Obviously Real and Barca have the best squads, but have defensive issues and both not entirely convincing.

Sociedad can go top with a win tonight, top is very congested so far, hopefully will stay like that and a multi team title race all season, like some of the seasons of old before the super clubs emerged so much.

#00F

Supports
Barca
We are just 2 points off top, without Messi in team. I will take that any day. Don't have any hope for Dembele, total waste of money.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Real squad is very good, team looks much more balanced than few weeks ago and didn't concede many chances against Atleti yesterday, who are also struggling going forward a bit though in fairness. Still not convinced by Real though, yet. PSG game was only 11 days ago...

League has a very even level of teams so far this season. Obviously Real and Barca have the best squads, but have defensive issues and both not entirely convincing.

Sociedad can go top with a win tonight, top is very congested so far, hopefully will stay like that and a multi team title race all season, like some of the seasons of old before the super clubs emerged so much.
In Real's case, defense has improved massively. I don't even think the rival had a proper shot at target last three games. My main concern at this point is the attacking options, those will make a big difference against strong teams. Also the lack of players in midfield, but I don't discard Florentino looking for someone in the winter transfer market before it is too late.

A lot will depend on Hazard.

Barcelona though will win a lot of games easily in the league just because of their many options upfront. It is the Champions League games that normally show their weaknesses.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Remember last season the first game between the two was a dismal 0-0 at Real Madrid. The second was a pretty entertaining one so hopefully that will happen again.

Wasn't too surprised it was cautious, too early in the season to want to give rival an advantage.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are just 2 points off top, without Messi in team. I will take that any day. Don't have any hope for Dembele, total waste of money.
You want to talk injuries with us? :lol:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
80 points used to be an awful points total. Now it's probably enough to challenge for the title.

The standards have lowered at the top

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
80 points used to be an awful points total. Now it's probably enough to challenge for the title.

The standards have lowered at the top
Barcelona won the title with 79 20 years ago.

Personally I found the super club era pretty boring. With Real & Barca on 100 odd points every season. La Liga much more interesting before, and again now.

For me the quality of the games, from a style and technical point of view is very good as is the officiating, relative to the premier League anyway.. VAR actually works properly for the most part and there is refereeing consistency between games.

Bottom teams also actually try and play football, even against big teams too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Oyarazabal is so so good.

La Real march to 1st place continues.

First 11 is arguably as good as they had in 02/03 although Nihat-Kovacevic was amazing front two that season.

Skorenzy

Banega has taken over after Sevilla conceded. Navas and Reguilón having a field day, their width is killing La Real who are missing Merino big time.
Ødegaard looking quality with his touches and decisions.

Skorenzy

Another assist for Ødegaard, great finish from Portu to make it tight at the end.
Sevilla should've put this game away several times over already though: 3-2 is showing their profligacy and La Real's clinical finishing.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Deserved win for Sevilla, key was quickly getting it back to 1-1 and they dominated after. Tough team to play on their own turf.

RoyH1

La Liga is real interesting this season. Barsa and Madrid are playing a notch below their standards of the last 15 years and a couple of teams are playing attractive, attacking football.
If Simeone wasn't so negative tactically, this could have been Atletico's year. I think it's not to be.

wr8_utd

:'(
It's still going to come down between Madrid and Barcelona. Atleti, despite their good first 3 games, have been woeful. They're completely incapable of any decent attacking football under Simeone and I think Felix may end up coming to regret this move.