La Liga 2019/20

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I didn’t know La Liga games were on ITV? Thought they were on a separate channel?
Think it is only the first three games before the international break and then who gets it after that.

La Liga Santander broadcast schedule on ITV4:
Matchday 1: Friday August 16 - Athletic Bilbao vs. FC Barcelona (8pm BST)

Matchday 2: Sunday August 25 - FC Barcelona vs. Real Betis (8pm BST)

Matchday 3: Sunday September 1 - Villarreal vs. Real Madrid (8pm BST)

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Guess I'll watch the Barcelona game to see how De Jong does. Suppose it's slightly easier to root for him now that he left Ajax. Though Barca is hardly less appalling to me.

Bole Top

Ter Stegen - Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba - S. Roberto, De Jong, Alena - Dembele, Suarez, Griezmann

Peña, Umtiti, Junior, Rafinha, Rakitic, Busquets, Carles Pérez.

I didn't know Messi is injured and there's also no Vidal and Arthur tonight for some reason. Bilbao away looks like a tough game to test that midfield.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Why are Aleña and Sergi Roberto playing ahead of Rakitic?

No Arthur or Vidal and Valverde decides to bench Rakitic. Very weird.

fergiesarmy1

Think it is only the first three games before the international break and then who gets it after that.

La Liga Santander broadcast schedule on ITV4:
Matchday 1: Friday August 16 - Athletic Bilbao vs. FC Barcelona (8pm BST)

Matchday 2: Sunday August 25 - FC Barcelona vs. Real Betis (8pm BST)

Matchday 3: Sunday September 1 - Villarreal vs. Real Madrid (8pm BST)
Why are La Liga struggling so much to sell the football to the uk market? Used to be on sky all the time. Is it cause they got greedy?

Sjaakmeoff

Ter Stegen - Semedo, Pique, Lenglet, Alba - S. Roberto, De Jong, Alena - Dembele, Suarez, Griezmann

Peña, Umtiti, Junior, Rafinha, Rakitic, Busquets, Carles Pérez.

I didn't know Messi is injured and there's also no Vidal and Arthur tonight for some reason. Bilbao away looks like a tough game to test that midfield.
No Coutinho either. Apparently on his way to Bayern.

Btw, it's the same 11 Valverde played against Napoli last week. I was quite surprised he's playing with this midfield. Pleasantly surprised.

DomesticTadpole

Why are La Liga struggling so much to sell the football to the uk market? Used to be on sky all the time. Is it cause they got greedy?
Not sure. Don't think they were asking much, but maybe the viewing figures were not big enough for Sky to get involved again. I have always enjoyed watching La Liga. BT already show the German and French league so might have had trouble fitting La Liga games into the schedule at the weekend, along with their PL/NL and Scottish football as well.

Bole Top

Why are Aleña and Sergi Roberto playing ahead of Rakitic?
maybe it's part of a plan to show him they don't really want him here anymore. he wants to stay, yet they want him to go to PSG along with Cou and lower the fee they would have to play for Neymar. those two were the most frequently mentioned names in majority of those articles about whole Neymar saga, so who knows... not many logical reasons to bench him with so many absent players.

Sjaakmeoff

Not sure. Don't think they were asking much, but maybe the viewing figures were not big enough for Sky to get involved again. I have always enjoyed watching La Liga. BT already show the German and French league so might have had trouble fitting La Liga games into the schedule at the weekend, along with their PL/NL and Scottish football as well.
Question. What are the monthly costs in the UK for watching all major competitions? I live in the Netherlands and can watch (almost) all of them for about 20 euro's a month.

crossy1686

career ending
Question. What are the monthly costs in the UK for watching all major competitions? I live in the Netherlands and can watch (almost) all of them for about 20 euro's a month.
Approaching £60+ I think. You need Sky Sports package for some of the Premier League games (£30+) then you need BT sports for some other PL games and Champions League (£20+) and now you need Amazon for some (£10+).

And on top of all that they're not allowed to broadcast any game that kicks off at 15:00. So not only do you pay less you also get way more content.

fergiesarmy1

Not sure. Don't think they were asking much, but maybe the viewing figures were not big enough for Sky to get involved again. I have always enjoyed watching La Liga. BT already show the German and French league so might have had trouble fitting La Liga games into
It’s getting crazy, apart from the tv licence now you need a sky package, bt package and amazon account if you want to watch it all legally. Just for my sky and amazon account is close to £100 per month (though not just sports)

Refuse to pay for BT, they are like the scousers of the tv business. I hate em :lol:

DomesticTadpole

I have just cancelled my Sky Sports. I was on a three year package at £20 for all the Sports channels. It would then be around £23 for just the football if I had kept it. My BT is £16 because I have their broadband. It is £29.99 if you don't. Premier is about £9.99 I think. Of course BT costs more if you want HD. Forgot I also have MUTV which is £7 I think. So I am paying £43 at the moment, but that will go down to £23 next month.

DomesticTadpole

It’s getting crazy, apart from the tv licence now you need a sky package, bt package and amazon account if you want to watch it all legally. Just for my sky and amazon account is close to £100 per month (though not just sports)

Refuse to pay for BT, they are like the scousers of the tv business. I hate em :lol:
I don't like BT but don't want to leave myself with no football. I will not pay for Amazon for their games, because I am stupid enough to forget to cancel the free trial.:lol:

Sjaakmeoff

Approaching £60+ I think. You need Sky Sports package for some of the Premier League games (£30+) then you need BT sports for some other PL games and Champions League (£20+) and now you need Amazon for some (£10+).

And on top of all that they're not allowed to broadcast any game that kicks off at 15:00. So not only do you pay less you also get way more content.

Wow. So you have to pay per league/tournament/sport you want to see? Not cool.

red4ever 79

Ye think it is a scheduling issue on BT. Still La Liga is the second best league to watch

fergiesarmy1

I don't like BT but don't want to leave myself with no football. I will pay for Amazon for their games, because I am stupid enough to forget to cancel the free trial.:lol:
Haha but like someone else said we still can’t see a 3pm game after all that expense.

One of my favourite parts of going on holiday is finding a good sports bar and having all the games on at once on a Saturday afternoon with a cold beer in one hand and a warm sun on my back and usually some shady bookies taking cash bets while the misses isn’t watching :cool:

DomesticTadpole

Ye think it is a scheduling issue on BT. Still La Liga is the second best league to watch
It is. The top games in Germany are good, but the rest are not always. The French league is a one horse race. I always find that La Liga can throw up some strange results and the skill level is good.

crossy1686

career ending
Wow. So you have to pay per league/tournament/sport you want to see? Not cool.
It's not even that. Sky and BT show PL games at the weekend but the Premier League sell the games in packages and the broadcasters bid on the games, highest bidder wins. I'm not sure how the package them but it might be 'all 12:00 kick off's' on a Saturday is one package and 'all 17:30 kickoff's' on a Saturday is another package. Then you've got Sunday, Friday night and Monday night games. It's not uncommon to watch the first game on a Saturday on Sky then have to switch over to BT for the 17:30 game.

Last time I checked, BT had all the rights to CL football though.

DomesticTadpole

Haha but like someone else said we still can’t see a 3pm game after all that expense.

One of my favourite parts of going on holiday is finding a good sports bar and having all the games on at once on a Saturday afternoon with a cold beer in one hand and a warm sun on my back and usually some shady bookies taking cash bets while the misses isn’t watching :cool:
That 3 pm rule is outdated now. The authorities will probably bring Bury and Bolton up, but they have been badly run, also the PL clubs are rich because of TV money, a problem with the difference in wealth in Spain as well for years.
Sky have their Football Channel, 403 but very rarely show clubs outside The Championship. Bury got promoted last season, how often were they on TV?

fergiesarmy1

That 3 pm rule is outdated now. The authorities will probably bring Bury and Bolton up, but they have been badly run, also the PL clubs are rich because of TV money, a problem with the difference in wealth in Spain as well for years.
Sky have their Football Channel, 403 but very rarely show clubs outside The Championship. Bury got promoted last season, how often were they on TV?
It’s crazy, I am actually paying people to watch football on a Saturday afternoon to tell me what they see.

The BEin Saturday afternoon is brilliant even though it’s keys and gray still. Every game every goal live and they make a right good show out of it and that includes any major Spanish game that maybe on.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Interesting midfield choice for Barcelona, certainly more inspiring than Rakitić-Busquets-Vidal trio Valverde adores so much. They worked great against Napoli though, worth trying them out in a competitive game.

DomesticTadpole

It’s crazy, I am actually paying people to watch football on a Saturday afternoon to tell me what they see.

The BEin Saturday afternoon is brilliant even though it’s keys and gray still. Every game every goal live and they make a right good show out of it and that includes any major Spanish game that maybe on.
That is why I now watch BT's version of Soccer Saturday. I only turn it on at three o'clock, but they also have the scores showing for the German/Spanish games that are being played at the same time, where Soccer Saturday it is only the English/Scottish Leagues. The 'we don't show the other leagues so we aren't telling you the scores' attitude.

fps

If everyone boycotts the Amazon Prime broadcasts, that will revert back to other broadcasters next year. But I doubt it'll happen. Football is in real danger of spreading itself too thinly/expensively. Think Eleven and La Liga in Britain is a clear example of it. I don't blame Sky for washing their hands of it for now.

fergiesarmy1

That is why I now watch BT's version of Soccer Saturday. I only turn it on at three o'clock, but they also have the scores showing for the German/Spanish games that are being played at the same time, where Soccer Saturday it is only the English/Scottish Leagues. The 'we don't show the other leagues so we aren't telling you the scores' attitude.
Ah didn’t know BT did that, even if I’m in a UK pub on a Saturday afternoon they seem to show the sky soccer Saturday programme rather then the BT version even though they probably have both.

DomesticTadpole

Ah didn’t know BT did that, even if I’m in a UK pub on a Saturday afternoon they seem to show the sky soccer Saturday programme rather then the BT version even though they probably have both.
They can talk the same drivel at times, but they quite often have an ex-women footballer on there. Sutton is a bit caustic at times but him and Savage are always trying to wind each other up. Sky need younger pundits on there instead of those old fogies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
ITV4 has snagged a few games again it seems, just like last year. Barca tonight.
Just tuned in to ITV4. There is no way I would pay a subscription for this. However, I am not gonna turn my nose up at free to air La Liga coverage. Particularly when its Bilbao vs Barcelona.