La Liga 2019/20

fergiesarmy1

That stadium looks better than old Trafford in front of the cameras, we need to spend some money on that soon

Renegade

Barca spending so much on Griezmann to play him wide forward seems bizarre. Especially on the left.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Greizmann been awful so far. Surely you've got to play him centrally before long, Suarez once again making minimal impact.

Hoof the ball

Griezmann out wide left but is dropping inside constantly in rotation to allow Alba to provide width. In theory it should work and should get Griezmann in central areas when it counts.....

But I really don’t like Dembele. Sloppy on the pass always.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
A typical minute in the life of Suarez. :lol:

Greiz going central soon.

LoneStar

Barca are playing like shite. They are just hoping one of their stars come up with something special.

Bole Top

Ter Stegen is the only reason why Bilbao aren't winning this. Barca look lost.

LoneStar

Imagine if they manage to sign Neymar. They are going to have Messi, Neymar, Griezmann, Suarez and Dembele.

But with Valverde, they are probably going to take the lead and be boring.

fergiesarmy1

Worth an inplay at half time Bilbao DNB with a cheeky sidebet on Williams I’m thinking (hopefully boosted somewhere)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This is the least convincing Barcelona side I've seen since Rijkaard's final season, worse than the Tata Martino version. There's no clear idea behind any of the side's play. Barca has the individual talent to win most games. However, the players are not looking like more than the sum of their parts. Watching this I understand the criticism of Valverde.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Barça should consider themselves lucky if they milk a point out of this travesty. Anyway, difficult stadium in away games. A draw in San Mames is no joke.

Confirmed that Griezmann and Suárez can't play together, or that Griezmann is not a LFW/SS (like Henry in 08-10).

Unless Messi returns fit and hungry and drags the team to another "one man" performance, Valverde might not win this Liga and be sacked. Simeone should be salivating.

Superunknown

Barcelona just don't look that special based on this performance. I know that you can't read too much into one half, but they are very much more open and easier to get at compared to their previous teams over the last 10 years. No real fear factor there. I hope Bilbao go on to win this, either 1-0 or 2-0.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Atletico Madrid have to be believing this is their season.
They will end up at their customary 80ish points under Simeone, in order for ATM to win the title both Barcelona and Real would have to fall apart.