La Liga 2019/20

Johnny Love

Oh suarez is the worst piece of sh!te ever to step on the football field. He went down after taking the ball in his chest, acting as being hurt. Feck me he is beyond any words...
Can't they implement retroactive punishment for that kind rubbish?? I can understand the referee not catching it during the match, but clear play acting like that should be punished after games have been reviewed.

wr8_utd

:'(
Suarez has been absolutely atrocious. It's unreal how he's yet on the pitch. Every ball that has gone to him has been lost.

wr8_utd

Alba has been a close second in for worst performer on the pitch. The guy seems done this season. He's either injured or just woeful.

Eddy_JukeZ

Really poor game from Barcelona. Suarez was useless. As was Griezmann. Messi was very quiet in the 2nd half.

I imagine Real will be happy with their performance considering their absentees.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Heh, i'll take it. Physically we're close to finished right now, REALLY need the winter break and get the injured back. And maybe a midfielder in january

All in all, they were better in the two boxes and had the best chances(though the biggest one wouldn't have stood for handball by griezmann), once again we played well but without Hazard we lack penetration in the final third

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Guerrilla outside the stadium, started between the independenstistas and boixos nois(barcelona ultras, far right wing), dunno what's going on right now, but it's bad

wr8_utd

Pretty disappointed by the lack of ambition from both sides in the final 20 mins. Both seemed more than happy to take the draw.

wr8_utd

He's another one with all kinds of mileage.
It's bizarre because while Suarez' drop has been visible for a couple of years now, Alba was still brilliant offensively till that Anfield game. He's just completely the plot and fitness since then. That cut back to Messi is his bread and butter and he can't do that also anymore.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Heh, i'll take it. Physically we're close to finished right now, REALLY need the winter break and get the injured back. And maybe a midfielder in january

All in all, they were better in the two boxes and had the best chances(though the biggest one wouldn't have stood for handball by griezmann), once again we played well but without Hazard we lack penetration in the final third
I've heard of a certain Frenchman willing to go there.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Barca were poor. Messi could have scored twich but shot straight at goal once and the other time didn't hit the ball. One half chance from Suarez and a pretty decent one from Alba. Rest of the game was Madrid.

Had Varane gotten a penalty in the first half we might have been in for a more exciting game but instead it just kind of petered out in the 2nd half.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Pretty disappointed by the lack of ambition from both sides in the final 20 mins. Both seemed more than happy to take the draw.
We were dead tired and barcelona are just not very good if Messi isn't making stuff happen. We did a good job of keeping quiet in the second half
Barca were poor. Messi could have scored twich but shot straight at goal once and the other time didn't hit the ball.
Funny thing is had he scored, the goal would have come off 100% for handball by griezmann

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Pretty poor from Barca there, although they defended reasonably well at times. At least they didn't lose, which could easily have happened.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly it's maddening how easy it is for big clubs to influence the refs in spain though. Barca get screwed out of a penalty against real sociedad, have a proper moan about it and lo and behold, in their next game their opponent gets screwed out of a penalty(twice in this case).

Now watch Athletic get screwed at the bernabeu on sunday

RoyH1

That Valverde boy is quite the find for Zidane. Brings incredible energy to Madrid’s midfield and is a perfect complement for Kroos and Casemiro.

Sjaakmeoff

Barca isn't able to press anymore. Messi, Suarez and Alba just can't do it anymore. Both central defenders are too afraid to play into midfield, which usually ends with one of the fullbacks playing a long ball to Suarez of Griezmann. There's no plan. Terrible to watch,

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
We were dead tired and barcelona are just not very good if Messi isn't making stuff happen. We did a good job of keeping quiet in the second half

Funny thing is had he scored, the goal would have come off 100% for handball by griezmann
Did you see VAR this match? I'm not so sure.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Cheers for the fair analysis. I thought you guys were the better yet we had the better chances.

We desperately need Arthur back.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Pretty poor from Barca there, although they defended reasonably well at times. At least they didn't lose, which could easily have happened.
Our defense is the only positive I could take from this match

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Sevilla fans must be pissed. They'd be joint first if they hadn't dropped incredibly stupid points in the last 2 games.

This was the perfect year for an outsider to have a title challenge given that both Madrid and Barca are on course for only 80 points. We're far from the days of Mourinho getting fired for finishing with 85 points and being miles away from first place.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Sevilla fans must be pissed. They'd be joint first if they hadn't dropped incredibly stupid points in the last 2 games.

This was the perfect year for an outsider to have a title challenge given that both Madrid and Barca are on course for only 80 points. We're far from the days of Mourinho getting fired for finishing with 85 points and being miles away from first place.
Truth be told Sevilla's best points tally since 2013 was 76 which probably still won't be enough even this season when top 3 are faltering. I agree it would have been great but anyone outside of Real/Barcelona winning it in the foreseeable future seems like a pipe dream at this point.

RoyH1

Truth be told Sevilla's best points tally since 2013 was 76 which probably still won't be enough even this season when top 3 are faltering. I agree it would have been great but anyone outside of Real/Barcelona winning it in the foreseeable future seems like a pipe dream at this point.
I think when Messi finally retires or goes back to Argentina for a year to play for Newell's, that there'll be a small window in which a well run club could do a Leicester. The key here is well run. If Simeone was a bit more positive in his tactics when his side plays away, they could be it. I'm afraid the negativity is too ingrained in his DNA though.

VJ1762

I think when Messi finally retires or goes back to Argentina for a year to play for Newell's, that there'll be a small window in which a well run club could do a Leicester. The key here is well run. If Simeone was a bit more positive in his tactics when his side plays away, they could be it. I'm afraid the negativity is too ingrained in his DNA though.
Read that they are a bit more adventurous this season, but don't have a proper striker. Apparently their xG is on par with barcelona but Barcelona have scored 25-30 goals more.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla are actually where they should be, more or less. It's Atletico Madrid who are massively underperforming thanks to their lack of finishing

We just need to stay fecking healthy second half of the season :(

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Read that they are a bit more adventurous this season, but don't have a proper striker. Apparently their xG is on par with barcelona but Barcelona have scored 25-30 goals more.
Yep. Same xG, barcelona are overperforming theirs by more than 10, atleti are underperforming theirs by more than 10 :lol:

VJ1762

Yep. Same xG, barcelona are overperforming theirs by more than 10, atleti are underperforming theirs by more than 10 :lol:
The Messi effect. Surprised they haven't sacked valverde yet. Perez would have sacked him after liverpool last year, or even before that.

Madridista7

Supports
Real Madrid
The Messi effect. Surprised they haven't sacked valverde yet. Perez would have sacked him after liverpool last year, or even before that.
Liverpool? You are being generous he would have been gone after Roma.

wr8_utd

Yet again, Messi bails Barca out.
How does he make goals from outside the box look SO easy?!

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Sounds like a...reasonably comfortable, bog standard Valverde era win. Do the job, functional, wait for Messi to do something special, etc.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
La Real is example of team who signed brilliantly in the summer. Kept existing key players like Oyarzabal and Willian Jose and signed young and hungry starlets like Odegaard and Alex Isak. Then added proven La Liga experience like Nacho Monreal and Portu.

The textbook example of how to improve your 11/squad on a reasonably small budget. They deserve to make top 4 this season.

Example to many prem clubs including my own on how to do things and build a team.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was a really good Osasuna comeback, could've easily got it back to 3-3. Guess the red will derail that.

Have to say I really enjoy watching Chimy Avila upfront. First noticed him for huesca last season. Makes really clever runs and works so hard. Would do well in the premier league I think.