La Liga 2019/20

Le Red

Outright robbery. Human refs should slowly be removed from the game. VAR is awesome. Refs are a disgrace.

Le Red

It'd be a foul in basketball, nevermind football :lol:
Fouls in basketball are way, way lighter than in football so it seems to me you either don't know what you're talking about or you're clutching at straws to make it look like your club is not the greatest beneficiary of referee robbery in the world.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's a fecking moving screen. Look up the rules :lol:

You can't deliberately move into a player's path with no interest for the ball and make him crash into you

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
After seeing a few replays, i have to agree with @giorno. Gudelj looks his way and steps in the way.

Regarding the basketball. Once your feet are planted it's an offensive foul innit?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
After seeing a few replays, i have to agree with @giorno. Gudelj looks his way and steps in the way.

Regarding the basketball. Once your feet are planted it's an offensive foul innit?
It's pretty much the same in football, with the caveat that screen's are more heavily ruled in football because it's a play where you make no attempt at playing the ball

But yeah. If Gudelj were standing still and Militao just smashed into him it would have been a goal.

In bball it's about who gets to the spot first. The pick-setter also has to be standing perfectly still

Le Red

You can't deliberately move into a player's path with no interest for the ball and make him crash into you
Could you even see it through the twelve layers of white paint on your glasses?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

That's never a foul. They'll call off every single goal from a corner if they disallow that as long as the defenders bother to fall down and grab their face

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
They robbed us a penalty in Barcelona and had to compensate us.
It is an unwritten rule

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's never a foul. They'll call off every single goal from a corner if they disallow that as long as the defenders bother to fall down and grab their face
Missing the point. It's a foul because he deliberately moves into Militao's path and is not making a play for the ball. It's obstruction. The degree of the contact doesn't even matter

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Here's the actual rule
Impeding the progress of an opponent means moving into the path of the opponent to obstruct, block, slow down or force a change of direction by an opponent when the ball is not within playing distance of either player

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Sevilla deserved to be leading too. Madrid's attack of Rodrygo, Jovic and Lucas is clearly nowhere near good enough. Why is Benzema on the bench?
Missing the point. It's a foul because he deliberately moves into Militao's path and is not making a play for the ball. It's obstruction. The degree of the contact doesn't even matter
Of course it does. If it's the exact same contact but Militão doesn't dive then the goal never gets called off.

It technically doesn't matter according to the rules but goals like that happen all the time in set pieces without VAR doing anything.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla deserved to be leading too. Madrid's attack of Rodrygo, Jovic and Lucas is clearly nowhere near good enough. Why is Benzema on the bench?

Of course it does. If it's the exact same contact but Militão doesn't dive then the goal never gets called off.

It technically doesn't matter according to the rules but goals like that happen all the time in set pieces without VAR doing anything.
So your point is "it's the correct call but usually it doesn't get called so it's wrong" ?

Come on man :lol:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
@Peyroteo

That replay is not the best one. A different one shows how Gudelj clearly looks for Militao and uses his shoulder to block him. I had my doubts at first, but it is a very clear foul once you check this new angle.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
So your point is "it's the correct call but usually it doesn't get called so it's wrong" ?

Come on man :lol:
Same way that if Courtois holds the ball for 7 seconds and the ref calls an indirect freekick against you, you'd be pissed...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Same way that if Courtois holds the ball for 7 seconds and the ref calls an indirect freekick against you, you'd be pissed...
I'd be pissed at courtois. But it's hardly the same thing is it? They scored a goal thanks to a foul

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Var is going to ruin that great goal isnt he? :(
Nope. I dunno, this is more of a grey area for me. On the one hand, handball stops the ball. On the other, he's on the ground, doesn't really gain a clear advantage and De Jong has to do a bit of work to score a wondergoal afterwards anyways

Case double

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'll keep saying this, as long as Hazard is injured, Vini has to start. Period

RoyH1

I'll keep saying this, as long as Hazard is injured, Vini has to start. Period
He doesn’t have the same compromising materials that Lucas Vazquez has on Florentino, so I think he’ll be on the bench for a while.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
First time in months, that I'm excited for the game tonight.

I hope we get to see a variation of Setien's 4231, I'd like to see Firpo on the left, with a DM duo of Vidal and either of Rakitic/Busquets. Fati, Messi as the 10 and either Carles Perez/Riqui on the "right wing" and Griezmann finally leading the line as our 9.

But there's so many options in our squad to fit that system, Roberto can play RB or DM with that duo, Rakitic can be a DM or even sort of a trequartista behind Leo and Griz (though he probably hasn't played that role since his days with Sevilla), Vidal can also be a DM or the central midfielder in the 3 line, Arthur is another option for the LCM, Puig can play either role in the 3 line, Griezmann and Messi could swap places with Leo leading the line with total freedom and Griezmann as the 10, Griez coul cover too the LCM, Fati on either wing or even as our striker...

So many options, maybe Setien ends up being conservative with his lineups like Valverde was, but on paper, with proper tactical management, this team can play a wide amount of formations and attacking styles, I could be happy even with Alba playing as a fullback in a "5 men" defensive line, with Busquets as a makeshift CB, Roberto on the right, a midfield of Arthur, Vidal and Rakitic, Messi and Griezmann, close to the 3-4-1-2 he fielded to destroy us in the Camp Nou

It's the first time since the PSG comeback and the 2nd leg vs Juve that we can expect our manager to come up with something different and creative :drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Great win for Espanyol. Just seen they've signed Raul De Tomas aswell.

Would fancy them to stay up now although Mallorca also had a fantastic win today.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
The more things change, the more they stay the same, Messi scores and we win another meh game.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I like how we looked under Setien. Much quicker passes and pace, Busquets looks amazing in this system and Barca unfortunate to not be up more.
For his first fame this was a good step in the right direction.

Playing Puig was nice to see, and building up play through the midfield was great too.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
U just cant try to play like a peak Guardiola's Barca with a midfield of Busquets- Rakitic-Vidal..its quite shocking tbh..

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
U just cant try to play like a peak Guardiola's Barca with a midfield of Busquets- Rakitic-Vidal..its quite shocking tbh..
Frankie is suspended due to a red card. A midfield of Arthur/fdj/Busquets and we’ll be fine