La Liga 2019/20

Hoof the ball

Arthur, De Jong and Busquets :boring::boring::boring::boring:

What a boring and non-incisive midfield.
The problem is the movement in front of them. Fati is better on the left cutting in, which usually leaves Alba with a lot of space to overlap in. On the right, Fati's reluctant to cross and so he's just circulating the play. Without Suarez there's no striker presence stretching the opposition. With Griez cutting in and Fati doing it too it's congesting the central areas, which again just makes things more difficult for midfield because there's no space to drive forward into.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
The problem is the movement in front of them. Fati is better on the left cutting in, which usually leaves Alba with a lot of space to overlap in. On the right, Fati's reluctant to cross and so he's just circulating the play. Without Suarez there's no striker presence stretching the opposition. With Griez cutting in and Fati doing it too it's congesting the central areas, which again just makes things more difficult for midfield because there's no space to drive forward into.
The problem is those 3 guys are pretty much the same player. Put Vidal instead of any of them, and chances will start happening. He knows how to move off the ball much better in offensive areas than the other 3, who can only play from deep. They can´t expect that the front 3 do all the work. The strikers need support from the midfielders.

ps. Vidal has won like 10 straight leagues at the top level, he knows how to win.. Can't believe the new coach is just as stupid as Valverde.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going to be just 4 wins out of 11 away for Barca after this and still have to go to Real Madrid of course.

Think that's going to be the difference in the long run as Real Madrid can grind out more wins on the road (although they're not quite as invincible at home).

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Persisting with Spanish Moyes after the Roma debacle and all the fecked up transfers is gonna cost Barca dearly. Not to mention wasting 2 years of Messi

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Suarez, finished. Valverde, not good enough.

Ter Stegen and Messi is all they need to win the league.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Going to be just 4 wins out of 11 away for Barca after this and still have to go to Real Madrid of course.

Think that's going to be the difference in the long run as Real Madrid can grind out more wins on the road (although they're not quite as invincible at home).

Barca have destroyed Madrid at their stadium in recent years. Weirdly enough, it’s the one place they actually look good away.

We need to stop with 3 at the back.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
How the feck they came out with a corner for a decision?! Foul or goal!

Morons!
It was the right decision though. It was not possible for the referee to call a foul before the corner was taken.

RoyH1

Valverde must be laughing his azz off. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
It was the right decision though. It was not possible for the referee to call a foul before the corner was taken.
You mean, nothing could be called before a set piece (corner now) was made? But surely we saw such fouls before...

Didn't we? Sorry, refs, then, you're better than your PL friends.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca have destroyed Madrid at their stadium in recent years. Weirdly enough, it’s the one place they actually look good away.

We need to stop with 3 at the back.
Yes I did think as I posted that Barca seem to have won loads at Bernabeu in last decade.:lol: One away ground where Messi still can run riot.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
You mean, nothing could be called before a set piece (corner now) was made? But surely we saw such fouls before...

Didn't we? Sorry, refs, then, you're better than your PL friends.
The ball is not in play, so the game has to continue according to the decision taken before the action.

Or at least that's what some referees are saying.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
The ball is not on play, so the game has to continue according to the decision taken before the action.

Or at least that's what some referees are saying.
Thanks, nice new info. Guess when the ref blows the whistle doesn't matter, but the moment when the actual foul happens.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Thanks, nice new info. Guess when the ref blows the whistle doesn't matter, but the moment when the actual foul happens.
Exactly. Truth to be told, it is actually a foul, only that the consequence is not the typical one we are used to.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
As i said Setien is a worse version of Sarri - very stubborn manager who doesnt adapt to the qualities of his players and wants them to adapt to his ideas only..He will fail and will fail miserably there':smirk:

Canagel

Valverde must be laughing his azz off. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team.
He did a good job in all honesty. Not great but certainly not bad either. Their squad has been very overrated and needs major surgery.

RoyH1

He did a good job in all honesty. Not great but certainly not bad either. Their squad has been very overrated and needs major surgery.
Indeed. His firing was one of the most classless things I’ve seen the board of a major club do.
But Setién has the right “philosophy “ I suppose. How many million passes did they do today?

Paul_Scholes18

I think the problem is dropping all those big leads away from home in the CL. That is soemthing he deserved to get fired for.
Although strange time to do it. He had done alright this season when they sacked him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
How do you rate De Jong season so far?.
For a while he seemed exempt from any criticism but I already know several Culés a bit disappointed after so much hype.

Obviously I am opportunistic, but after his shitty game today I had to bring up the issue :D

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Appointing setien might have been the wrong choice. I think his Betis side is vastly overrated. Regardless, sacking Valverde was the right decision.

Barca should start with only two of Busquets, de jong, Arthur (and Rakitic). Starting three of them is a sure way for disaster.

Last edited:

Cait Sith

How do you rate De Jong season so far?.
For a while he seemed exempt from any criticism but I already know several Culés a bit disappointed after so much hype.

Obviously I am opportunistic, but after his shitty game today I had to bring up the issue :D
Do you want to hear my opinion?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I don't even think this is about the manager. People just massively underestimate what Suarez does to that Barcelona attack, not just the importance of his end product but the spaces he opens up for others and the dynamic he brings.