La Liga 2019/20

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I've heard El Dia despues mentioned before. I always thought it was just a Match of the day style show of simply match highlights, reaction and then dreary punditry but seems it wasn't like that, more a fan style show that was a great vision of Michael Robinson.

Obviously the Spanish based guys on here can give a much better description of it. Seems it's still going and Santiago Canizares hosts it.
I think they recovered the name of the program years later, but the known one, with some variation were Pedrerol (el chiringuito), Maldini (international football) and Robinson, who spoke some tactics and a very funny part of the program recording people in the stands or footballers.
He was also the cover of Pcfutbol, something like football manager, which was very popular.
After that he was also a commentator on Sunday games for many years.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like Barcelona are going all in for Lautaro Martinez. I can see the logic in that forward target with Suarez 33 and picking up plenty of injuries but apparently to fund the deal they're trying to give Inter Nelson Semedo and Firpo in return. Probably offer Rakitic instead will seal the deal.

Barca seem to have a really wierd transfer strategy. Sign players and then realise within first training session they don't have "Barca DNA" and try to get rid of them, did the same with likes of Mina, Andre Gomes and Digne and found Everton a willing participant.

Really think that's another flawed part of their strategy that will come crashing down post Messi.

Pep's Suit

Looks like Barcelona are going all in for Lautaro Martinez. I can see the logic in that forward target with Suarez 33 and picking up plenty of injuries but apparently to fund the deal they're trying to give Inter Nelson Semedo and Firpo in return. Probably offer Rakitic instead will seal the deal.

Barca seem to have a really wierd transfer strategy. Sign players and then realise within first training session they don't have "Barca DNA" and try to get rid of them, did the same with likes of Mina, Andre Gomes and Digne and found Everton a willing participant.

Really think that's another flawed part of their strategy that will come crashing down post Messi.
Then Inter will exchange Semedo for Cancelo. However Barca signing Lautaro while still have Suarez and Griezmann makes zero sense to me.

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Lautaro is the perfect type of striker to play next to Messi, it makes sense they're going for him since Suarez has been getting injury problems. Not exactly the type of player I'd see Setien wanting though and having Messi, Griezmann, Suarez and Lautaro at the same time would be a bit over the top since they're all forward players that are at their best centrally.

The transfer window will be very different this year so it will be interesting to see how that works out. Maybe we'll see some clubs struggling more than others and some players going for discount prices, if UEFA are planning on playing CL matches in August then the dates of the market being open will have to change too.