La Liga 2019/20

cyberman

The audio on Spanish football is so poor anyway that you don't really notice the piped in atmosphere

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Should Braithwaite not have been sent back now Suarez is fit again? That was the whole reason Barca were allowed to sign him wasn't it on assumption Suarez would be out for the season.

K Stand Knut

Should Braithwaite not have been sent back now Suarez is fit again? That was the whole reason Barca were allowed to sign him wasn't it on assumption Suarez would be out for the season.
well, yes but they bought him, didn't they??? Therefore they own him and don't have to send him back.
No?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
well, yes but they bought him, didn't they??? Therefore they own him and don't have to send him back.
No?
Well yes...but special deals involve special circumstances. Would've given Leganes the option to recall him considering they were screwed over initally and Barcelona can get him back for 20-21 season and beyond. Were they even allowed to sign a replacement?

I'd be amazed if he's still there next season anyway. Bit like when they signed Kevin Prince Boateng a while ago and he was only there six months.

K Stand Knut

Well yes...but special deals involve special circumstances. Would've given Leganes the option to recall him considering they were screwed over initally and Barcelona can get him back for 20-21 season and beyond. Were they even allowed to sign a replacement?

I'd be amazed if he's still there next season anyway. Bit like when they signed Kevin Prince Boateng a while ago and he was only there six months.
Not quite sure what you're getting at? Player sales don't usually include a recall option. It's not a loan deal and Leganes were not given the special dispensation because they presumably weren't in the same dire straits as Barça.

I'm not saying I agree with it all but it's just the rules they've all signed up to. As ridiculous as they are

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Semedo assists Griezmannfor the 2-0, the redemption connection.

Ruled offside by VAR :(

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That was great by Messi. New chance at 2-0 now.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nah the defender looked at him and deliberately stepped in his path. Messi sold it a bit but incredibly dumb by the defender.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
I was more confused that Suarez was registered to play after the Braithewaite signing, but I don't know if that's the rule or not.

Hoof the ball

Messi was fouled three times in the lead up to the eventual penalty decision. Not for nothing, but after staying on his feet for that long he's probably within his rights to take a dive.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I was more confused that Suarez was registered to play after the Braithewaite signing, but I don't know if that's the rule or not.
Guess Barca can still claim Braithwaite is a replacement for Dembele. I assume he won't be making a miracle comeback next week.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
What is Griezman doing at Barcelona? He easily looked the worst player in Barca side on the pitch, outperformed by kids

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Guess Barca can still claim Braithwaite is a replacement for Dembele. I assume he won't be making a miracle comeback next week.
Perhaps haha. I think Dembele will still be out for a while.

Zen

The special circumstance is that they were allowed to sign a player if another club accepted an offer.... they matched his release clause.

If Leganes truly want him back, I'm sure Barca would bite their hands off for.... a lot less. Even if he still does have use given the fixture pile up now, and Dembele still actually being out.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
@Zehner , do you know this journalist, what do you think?.
That's been posted in the Leverkusen forum, too. Don't really know what to think. Never heard of this source. But I think I'd prefer him at Real compared to the realistic comptitors. It's nice to see youth products making it to the very top and Chelsea isn't there, IMO, and I'm not sure they CAN return there anytime soon. He'd also fit better into La Liga than the EPL, if you ask me.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That's been posted in the Leverkusen forum, too. Don't really know what to think. Never heard of this source. But I think I'd prefer him at Real compared to the realistic comptitors. It's nice to see youth products making it to the very top and Chelsea isn't there, IMO, and I'm not sure they CAN return there anytime soon. He'd also fit better into La Liga than the EPL, if you ask me.
Thanks !, he seems to be a very good player and it is good to have that extra point that is the will of the player, but it seems really strange that they are really interested in him, at least this year.
Even that offer of 80 million that was talked some days ago it seems hard to believe, unless they have had a crush and want to close it before anyone else.

CosmoKramer

Supports
FC Barcelona
Braithwaite was signed as a replacement for Dembele, not for Suarez. As such, even if Dembele returns, he can't play in La Liga because we've given the rest of the season's registration rights to Braithwaite and renounced Dembele's.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
No it was because of Dembele who won’t be allowed to play again for the rest of the season due to Braithwaite

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sociedad have been horrendous since the restart. Think they can kiss goodbye to their CL dream.

Paul_Scholes18

Lucky offside for Real Madrid. They do not impress so far. Little hope that they can turn it around vs City nor beat Barca in the league.

Jaxa

I know it's only Madrid's second game after the lockdown break but my god Hazard looks a complete different player to what he was at Chelsea, he's so off the pace, apparently only 1 goal and 2 assists all season too ?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Screw those skint bastards at Real Madrid asking people to donate their season ticket proceeds to the club. Scum.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Valverde is out of place.I would change Modric in the second half

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I know it's only Madrid's second game after the lockdown break but my god Hazard looks a complete different player to what he was at Chelsea, he's so off the pace, apparently only 1 goal and 2 assists all season too ?
He’s actually looked better since the break, he was a disaster before but just needed to lose some weight as well

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That was poor from Valancia. Pass the ball back to Hazard and ended up conceding

mu4c_20le

Asensio scores with his first touch after being out for almost a year. Couldn't write a better script.

Jaxa

He’s actually looked better since the break, he was a disaster before but just needed to lose some weight as well
I have to be honest I’ve only seen him a handful of times this season, maybe 6-7 games but he’s just not looked the player he was at Chelsea, for all the stick Griezmann gets I’m surprised Hazard seems to get away with it,

He’s definitely not the “Star” to take Madrid to that next level