La Liga 2019/20

padr81

Supports
Man City
Suarez is completely washed up, he can barely run these days.

Bole Top

a bit crazy that Oblak has 27 only caps. Handanovic retired from NT like 5 or 6 years ago.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Completely forgot that Atletico Madrid had re-signed Carrasco.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Just had two big goals not even 4 days ago
Doesn't mean his legs haven't gone. He's not near the player he has been. One thing that always stood out is he ran himself into the ground and tortured defenders. Haven't seen any of it this season. Still a great finisher but nowhere near the level all round footballer Barca need.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Griezmann on in the 90th minute, what a waste of an incredible footballer this transfer was

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lemar could've easily won that at the end, did nothing when in the box but hesitate.

Real Madrid's league now to lose pretty much.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I don't give a feck about Barcelona but really, how is that a penalty? It has to be the most ridiculous refereeing decision of the VAR era.
It is Atleticos pen for the second goal? The video was removed.
It's a clearn pen, Semedo tripped him. The reaction from Semedo says everything, he knows that he has touched him.

Eddy_JukeZ

Barcelona are terrible.

They are in a rude awakening I think. Don't see them recovering better next season either.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
The size of the rebuilding job at Barca is gigantic.

A terribly run football club that needs a new board, a new manager, about 10 new players etc. Yikes.

One thing is clear is that they need Neymar back.

Siorac

It is Atleticos pen for the second goal? The video was removed.
It's a clearn pen, Semedo tripped him. The reaction from Semedo says everything, he knows that he has touched him.
If that is a clear penalty then about 25 pens should be awarded every single game.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The talk was for some time how Barca would cope post messi, but the reality is they are barely coping right now.

Honestly I fear for Barca, I've enjoyed watching them each week for well over a decade.

This is the most bleak Barca side since pre-ronaldinho.

The team offers absolutely nothing bar something special from Messi.

Griezmann is completely useless, Suarez is just old, Semedo is useless.

It seems the hands of the club are in Puig and Fati, Rakitic barely plays, Arthur is gone.

What the hell is Barca doing?

The board needs to go, the choices in managers are laughable.

Messi has a clause where he can leave Barca too, given the steady decline of Barca would he leave the club to try win medals elsewhere? I honestly look at that team sometimes and think, if he were less loyal he might enjoy playing elsewhere.

Eddy_JukeZ

The talk was for some time how Barca would cope post messi, but the reality is they are barely coping right now.

Honestly I fear for Barca, I've enjoyed watching them each week for well over a decade.

This is the most bleak Barca side since pre-ronaldinho.

The team offers absolutely nothing bar something special from Messi.

Griezmann is completely useless, Suarez is just old, Semedo is useless.

It seems the hands of the club are in Puig and Fati, Rakitic barely plays, Arthur is gone.

What the hell is Barca doing?

The board needs to go, the choices in managers are laughable.

Messi has a clause where he can leave Barca too, given the steady decline of Barca would he leave the club to try win medals elsewhere? I honestly look at that team sometimes and think, if he were less loyal he might enjoy playing elsewhere.
Messi's clause to leave for free expired recently.

It'd be super bold and it'd incur the wrath of their fans, but someone super proactive could scout the market in hopes of selling Messi.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Also to all the Real Madrid fans in here, congratulations. You all are a good bunch and deserved it. Well done.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How the feck is this Real Madrid side going to win the league? Barca must be really bad this year

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Of course that will be now very difficult for Barca......but with Real Madrid vs Getafe + Athletic Club vs Real Madrid + Villarreal vs Barca as the next fixtures i think it's possible that either both clubs are equal on points or Real Madrid are 6-7 points away from Barca.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Also to all the Real Madrid fans in here, congratulations. You all are a good bunch and deserved it. Well done.
Don't try that anti jinx. You already tried it the other day after the Celta game :D
As @Sean_RedDevil says Getafe can perfectly get a draw, and Athletic also receives few goals.

Personally I think the team is concentrated, physically well and I don't see more than one failure, but let´s go "game by game", as Simeone would say. For Madrid it is a fairly important league and if we don't win it against this Barça, we never win it.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Don't try that anti jinx. You already tried it the other day after the Celta game :D
As @Sean_RedDevil says Getafe can perfectly get a draw, and Athletic also receives few goals.

Personally I think the team is concentrated, physically well and I don't see more than one failure, but let´s go "game by game", as Simeone would say. For Madrid it is a fairly important league and if we don't win it against this Barça, we never win it.
Buddy, it’s over my friend. Our form sucks, our team sucks. We’re also gonna get clobbered by Villarreal. Even if you guys miraculously lose you’re still in the drivers seat. And you’ve earned it.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We could swap him for Klose bringing him out of retirement and barely notice any difference.
Im not denying Suarez had a shit game, but i dont understand the dissatisfaction.
He is 3rd in the top scorer table, despite having an injury, and he actually scores more often pr minute than Benzema, who recieves nothing but praise this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well that was...something :lol:

Start from the ref: the first penalty is a dive, but there's some contact and they're both running full speed, sooooo....meh. Have to say the dynamic at live speed looked clear, i get why VAR didn't tell the ref to have another look

The penalty repetition was ridiculous to me, but them's the rules and in this case long live the rules :lol:

The penalty on Semedo was a very clear dive, but again, some story as the first one...

The third penalty was clear. Very unlucky for Semedo, but intention doesn't really matter. Accidental, but he trips Carrasco

The potentia penalty on Pique was imo more of a penalty than the one on Semedo, but it's very rare to see those calls against the defence. For whatever reason they always get called against the attack though, go figure

Griezmann coming on in the 90 minute was hilarious. Setien is gone and knows he's gone. Farce

As to the game itself, barcelona look really nothing special right now, they were there for the taking but of course Atletico are useless against them in the league...oh well

Beat Getafe and ice the league now, please

Bole Top

Barca collapsed and that's it, no need to overanalyze things. what we're seeing now is nothing new and it's something that was obvious to majority even in november. the squad in general is too thin, they don't have covers and as a team they're simply too old to handle that. their policy of appointing managers is comic and what they bought is either injured, loaned out or benched. but make no mistake, they would be fully capable of getting away with all that in normal circmustances.

one game per week as usual and I think they would be just fine, with Messi usually masking all the flaws they have, but this time it's just too much of everything for them to handle. Suarez just returned after ankle surgery and almost 6 months of absence, Dembele is out, De Jong is out and it looks like they won't use Arthur again. you simply aren't beating any decent team in that state and you certainly aren't beating Simeone's Atletico. I'm actually surprised they managed to draw vs Sevilla without conceding.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Semedo's penalty is the softest as he is barely impeded by the defender's contact. Still in Spain and with VAR, these will get given. The other two are fairly clear cut to me. Vidal clearly clips Carrasco - he can't dangle a leg there and make contact and expect to get away with it. And for the third Semedo clips Carrasco, who to be fair, doesn't do the usual trick of crossing over and slowing down to manufacture the contact. Instead he is simply tripped. Semedo knows it too, as he tries to slow down when he realises he's got too close.

Last edited:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
How the feck is this Real Madrid side going to win the league? Barca must be really bad this year
Pineapple pizza is bad, we're levels below that.
Im not denying Suarez had a shit game, but i dont understand the dissatisfaction.
He is 3rd in the top scorer table, despite having an injury, and he actually scores more often pr minute than Benzema, who recieves nothing but praise this season.
Because even if he's able to pull bangers out of his ass every now and then, we're looking at, what, a 28 games and 16 goals season at best?, I know they're good numbers, but he doesn't offer anything more, I'd rather play a striker that scores 10 in the same games, but is able to push harder, play open to both wings, can create chances on his own and without the first touch of a donkey. Things that Benzema does almost every week while scoring at a similar rate than Suarez now.

I think 80% of La Liga strikers could be, at worst around 6 goals less than Suarez, but they bring their teams other weapons. Suarez is there just to score goals, he has a player that can create an assist from nothing and still he's not banging at the rates not only a top striker should but also his wages and weight on the locker room would ask for.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Valladolid 0-0, they miss 96th minute penalty.

I find them the most boring team to watch in the league, do they actually have any exciting players?

DavidDeSchmikes

Valladolid 0-0, they miss 96th minute penalty.

I find them the most boring team to watch in the league, do they actually have any exciting players?
Hatem Ben Arfa plays for them
And Ronaldo is their President and owns 82% of the club

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Pineapple pizza is bad, we're levels below that.

Because even if he's able to pull bangers out of his ass every now and then, we're looking at, what, a 28 games and 16 goals season at best?, I know they're good numbers, but he doesn't offer anything more, I'd rather play a striker that scores 10 in the same games, but is able to push harder, play open to both wings, can create chances on his own and without the first touch of a donkey. Things that Benzema does almost every week while scoring at a similar rate than Suarez now.

I think 80% of La Liga strikers could be, at worst around 6 goals less than Suarez, but they bring their teams other weapons. Suarez is there just to score goals, he has a player that can create an assist from nothing and still he's not banging at the rates not only a top striker should but also his wages and weight on the locker room would ask for.
I dont watch every game of Barca, so you probably know this better than me, but you say his overall play is lacking and he only offers goals now.
Statistics seem to disprove that, as he still gets a decent amount of assists, more than Benzema actually, if i recall correctly.

Clearly, that shows he can give the correct pass in the final third?

United Junkie

Real Madrid - Getafe start at 22:00. :(

Too late for me. Gotta get up 5.30 in the morning. It's gonna be interesting. Getafe is a real nasty team.