carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Champions League: Barcelona, Madrid, Atlético de Madrid, Valencia
Europa League: Getafe, Sevilla
Relegated: Girona, Huesca, Rayo
Promoted: Osasuna, Granada, Mallorca

Link with the transfer moves:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/spanish-football/2019/05/29/5cedcb2246163fad088b460b.html

There will be calendar 4th of july.

Yesterday it was announced that la liga approves the change of format for la copa and supercopa.
The copa would be a single match until the semifinals, and the supercopa would be a final four, in January and in another country.

It's the 89th edition, and as you know, only Barcelona, Madrid and Athletic have played all of them.
Behind Espanyol (85), Valencia (85) and Atlético (83)

Historical table: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Clasificación_histórica_de_la_Primera_División_de_España
Pichichi: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trofeo_Pichichi

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"The club won´t sell Ceballos. They plan a loan, the most interested clubs Tottenham and Arsenal"

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"Contacts with Bale´s setting to look for an exit before the tour of the United States, something that the player continues discarding.
He is in no hurry to decide his future and repeats that he will do the preseason because he has a contract"

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
James knows that Atlético want him if players like Correa or Vitolo leave.
Very complicated operation. It takes time, Napoles tightens and Madrid want to do it as soon as possible
As already published, he loves the option of living in Madrid

Inter Yer Nan

Would absolutely love James at Atletico, but maybe would have to switch formation? Joao Felix is obviously going to be starting and I think Morata will get the starts over Costa due to his link-up play and mobility. I forgot Vitolo is even on the books to be honest.

What do you make of the Llorente signing @carvajal ? He's a big, strong lad not afraid to get stuck in. Seems a good fit for him with Simeone.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Would absolutely love James at Atletico, but maybe would have to switch formation? Joao Felix is obviously going to be starting and I think Morata will get the starts over Costa due to his link-up play and mobility. I forgot Vitolo is even on the books to be honest.

What do you make of the Llorente signing @carvajal ? He's a big, strong lad not afraid to get stuck in. Seems a good fit for him with Simeone.
I think It's a great signing, and for what they say more of the taste of Simeone than Rodri.
A very professional kid, who cares himself a lot.
You are doing a nice team for next year (+Hermoso,Telles,etc).
Although João Félix, Lemar, James, Morata seems too much attack for Simeone.
About Costa, Inda said a couple of days ago that Atlético told him to look for a new team.
https://okdiario.com/deportes/inda-atletico-dicho-diego-costa-que-busque-equipo-4297400
and personally I think it's a good idea. He's physically destroyed

Inter Yer Nan

I think It's a great signing, and for what they say more of the taste of Simeone than Rodri.
A very professional kid, who cares himself a lot.
You are doing a nice team for next year (+Hermoso,Telles,etc).
Although João Félix, Lemar, James, Morata seems too much attack for Simeone.
About Costa, Inda said a couple of days ago that Atlético told him to look for a new team.
https://okdiario.com/deportes/inda-atletico-dicho-diego-costa-que-busque-equipo-4297400
and personally I think it's a good idea. He's physically destroyed
Yeah, he's finished now at the top level. He's as likely to do something stupid as score an important goal. Regarding Llorente, yes, he's more of a physical player than Rodri. I think Rodri is fantastic though but with him only being there one season it's not a huge loss/downgrade.

From my understanding Hermoso wants the move now but isn't he available for free next summer? Felipe has signed also. That's excellent central defenders to choose from if they can get Hermoso. A lot of depth to make up for Godin's absence.

I don't think Koke or Saul would be dropped and with Hector Herrera coming in too it would appear it's more likely to remain 4-4-2. A lot of depth in midfield too. I suspect if James was to join then they probably cut the losses early with Lemar.

It remains a quality team despite losing big players though I have a concern for a lack of goals as usual. Maybe it's more of an issue than previous too though I think defensively it will be as strong as ever.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
In not so unrelated news, Real Madrid got a women's team.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
It's was weird not to have one but kudos for that, a team that just got ascended was bought but with Real Madrid's investment it should be competitive in the future.

Back to the men's team think we still need to sign a midfielder or two (depending on who leaves) and we're set for next season. For Bale I think he's going to stay another season no matter what the club does.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Celta reach an agreement to sign Denis Suárez

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Think Real Madrid will win it with all their new signings.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Valencia and Celta,closer to a deal Maxi Gómez= Santi Mina+money

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Atlético and Espanyol negotiate for Hermoso.Espanyol assume that will sell under the release clause.Around 25-30m€

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
When are the fixtures out? I'm in Barcelona for four nights at the beginning of September and I'd like to see if I can catch a game whilst there.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
More about James: "Atlético are very interested in James. Because of Simeone´s interest James has stopped his signing with Napoli"

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Luuk de Jong will be new Sevilla player

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"The roadmap of Mbappé. With three years, PSG press him to renew but he refuses. Madrid needs that he endures the pressure to opt for his signing"
This cover are terrible news for my muppet dreams. Marca is preparing us for 2020

SambaBoy

Who makes the signings at Atletico? Simeone?

Seems they started spending significant money from 14/15. Got Griezmann and Oblak in that window who are still there now and have been their best players for the last few years. Also signed Cerci who was a flop, and Raul Jimenez who never filled his potential there. I don't follow them too closely but watch them now and again. Since that window, it seems their transfers are very hit and miss for big money, and more on the miss side than hit in recent years. Lemar was a big money signing but from what I've heard/seen he hasn't set the world alight and there is rumours they are looking to sell. Gelson Martins hasn't done well and loaned out for the second half of the season. Kalinic was signed for decent money and scored two goals. Vitolo hasn't lived up to his Seville form. Costa was good initially but he's shot now and should move on. In hindsight, they shouldn't have spent so much to bring him back. Gameiro for £30m at the time was a decent amount of money, and is no longer there, didn't really live up to an Atletico striker. Gaitan, terrible move. I thought Vrsajko would have been a great addition, but he was loaned out to Inter. Kranettiver came with a decent reputation and only made a couple of appearances. Less said about Jackson Martinez and Luciano Vietto the better. Last good window was 14/15 when they signed Oblak and Griezmann, players who have lasted the distance and shown world class quality, but even that summer they wasted money on Cerci and Raul Jimenez.

Their only decent signings since then have been the lower profile of players - Rodri, Savic, Fillipe Luis (who returned after selling him to Chelsea), Krantettiver

RoyH1

Madrid's new second kit is quite the looker.

Not too sure about the song though, it goes strangely against the conservative image that Madrid has.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
"Sevilla are not a club for which I'd leave Ajax"(he wants C.L)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If It's ok for you,we can share as well tweets of women football?.Apparently Madrid won't have the team until 2020 :(
Jenni Hermoso, the crack of the national team is back to Barsa

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Rodri has paid his clause in la liga.Soon,new City player

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Coutinho says yes to PSG.The predisposition of the player is total, aware of his future is no longer dressed in azulgrana

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Raúl de Tomás already in Portugal.Today it should be official his exit to Benfica,and Theo to Milan.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Bale rejects to be part of Pogba's transfer.He doesn't see himself in the stands and believe that will end up playing

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Marcelo has offers(Arsenal,PSG,Milan,Juve) and demands to leave.He thinks his time in Madrid is over and has doubts about his place(Mendy)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Atlético don´t want to pay Mario Hermoso´s clause, so he will continue at Espanyol, however Borja Iglesias is about to sign with Betis

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Valencia work to bring Maxi Gómez and Rafinha,who said yes to the transfer

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Celta sign Gabriel "Toro" Fernández,from Peñarol

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Cancelo could be the chosen one for Barça right back

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Pogba wants to leave Manchester and is sure that his option is Madrid
Madrid will discard Pogba if he declares rebellion/contempt?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Olmo: "It would be special to come back to la liga"