La Liga 2019/20

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Yesterday Asensio broke the cruciate.Very sad. Another year thrown away.
Now our options for the right are Lucas Vázquez, Rodrygo and Vinicius, an option that I do not quite see.
(AS say now that Ceballos could stay because of Asensio's injury)
I think Vinicius has to delay his position, reinvent himself a little.
After 2 games: Lucas and Carvajal very bad, and Nacho without level for Madrid.
The kids of Valdebebas (Seoane and a couple of defenders) even worse.
I find it incompressible that suddenly Bale plays minutes.
it seems all improvised and bad planned
I dunno, Vinicius seemed like he can play the position good enough, not as good as LW, but relatively comfortable for his first showing, and if I'm not mistaken Rodrygo has even more experience on the right, since Brazilian NT has been planning to have Vinicius and Rodrygo as their future LW and RW respectively.

Carvajal was poor, but Odriozola looked great, so the former has to really up his game or the latter will bench him. Both Mendy and Marcelo were pretty good as well, that's a huge improvement over the last year.

It was an absolute bummer for Asensio though, the kid played his best match in a long long time, and this happened.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Asensio's injury is devastating :(

In all honesty i don't see how we can sell Bale now. Our options are Hazard, Lucas and a bunch of kids. Lucas should be sold and the kids are kids. They should play over Bale initially but they might not be ready yet. If they are, Bale can go in January. If not, Bale should play

...unless we really decide to go for Neymar :mad:...who doesn't play through the right either

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Bartomeu has called Al Khelaifi and the answer has been overwhelming.
Neymar is not for sale.
Barsa didn't do any offer and this call was only to know PSG plans with Neymar

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla want Stephen Bergwijn(PSV).Suso is the alternative
Madrid sign Alberto Soro (the new Asensio).He will stay a year on loan

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
James stays.It's the decision of the club at this time

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully La Liga season will be like the Real / Atletico friendly, utterly mental game of football.

Looks from the team formations on highlights like Junior was playing CM for Real, with Isco and Kroos also in there and Modric on the RW? No wonder Real were down 5 0 at half time.

Atletico looking seriously potent going forward with Costa, Morata and Felix all starting. Wondering if selling Griezmann might be the best decision they've made for a while.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Piqué buys his second football team. He bought Andorra, and is trying to buy Reus place in 2B. Now he has bought Gimnastic de Manresa, which will be used as some type of academy for Andorra

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Piqué buys his second football team. He bought Andorra, and is trying to buy Reus place in 2B. Now he has bought Gimnastic de Manresa, which will be used as some type of academy for Andorra
It's really hard to see the word Andorra in a story and not think "tax haven". Hopefully Manresa get a nice new training pitch out of it. I think it's a couple of hours drive from there to Andorra - so I doubt it'll do much for their national team. Maybe for a Catalan team though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Manchester City willing to pay Oyarzabal clause.Pending the departure of Sane to Bayern.
They have already contacted with the player

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems like a big downgrade from what I have seen of him. Can any Spaniards give their opinion on this?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mariano is looking for an exit and have said yes to Monaco

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seems like a big downgrade from what I have seen of him. Can any Spaniards give their opinion on this?
He is very good, much better than guys like Nolito they've signed in the recent pass. Similar level to Navas when he was a right winger at Sevilla. Only 21 yet been a regular for over 3 years now, regularly gets into double figures in La Liga playing from wide and can fill in centrally.

Guess he'd be a squad player given level Man. City operate at but selfishly hope he stays at La Real for one more season. Can't wait to see how they rotate him, Januazj, Willian Jose, Isak, Portu and Odegaard in the four attacking positions. Guess stock piling in that area is insurance just in case Mikel decides to move on.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mourinho could coach Valencia I don't know if it's something serious or just a hypothesis because of its relationship with Lim and Mendes.
It would be great

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Only if Marcelino wasn't doing such a terrific job, delivered CL in two successive seasons and also their first trophy since 2008 so really doubt Mourinho would do better than that.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Only if Marcelino wasn't doing such a terrific job, delivered CL in two successive seasons and also their first trophy since 2008 so really doubt Mourinho would do better than that.
Of course, Marcelino is doing very well. I refer to the case in which he ended up resigning from the problems with Alemany and Lim.
Mou again in la liga and with more money would be fun.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Of course, Marcelino is doing very well. I refer to the case in which I ended up resigning from the problems with Alemany and Lim.
Mou again in la liga and with more money would be fun.
Ah didn't know that.

Valencia is big club but not really sure what Mourinho would get out of it bar having chance to manage in CL again. There is big gulf between top 3 and Valencia/Sevilla which I don't really see closing in near future.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
La Liga need to sort their International TV rights out. In the UK they have pulled the tender for 2019/20 rights after not receiving any sufficient bids; and here in the US I don't know anywhere where we can watch it. It was on BeIn. But they got into a carriage dispute with all of Verizon, Comcast and At&t, and are now not carried on any major cable provider. They do have an online platform, but it's a pain in the arse not to be able to watch it through the TV. ANd for those of us with Sports packages, which previously included it, another expense. They also had the aborted La Liga game supposed to take place on US soil. For a league that is trying to raise their profile to compete with the premier league, they are sure doing a really crappy job. Just having it on TV would be a start.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Closed deal Van de Beek-Madrid. Now ending with Ajax,60-70m€. Great signing

PedroMendez

Acolyte
I haven't followed the Sevilla pre-season closely, but it seems to go quite well. Maybe Lopetegui surprises me.
Overall the new signings are showing some early promise. Joan Jorden is a great player, who might make a name for himself. The new defenders also look sharp. I am still a bit worried about the attack without a player like Sarabia. Currently Munir looks like a new player, but its way too early to get my hopes up. While I like to see another quality winger/attacker, the most important task is to get rid of some of the dead-wood.

At least two of Kjaer, Sergi Gomez and Gnagnon + Arana, Corchia, Roque Mesa, Amadou, Vazquez and Nolito. Additionally Ben Yedder seems to have misjudged his value. That's a problem, because Sevilla bought two new central forwards (De Jong, Dabbur) and needs the money. Hopefully someone swoops in at the last second.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Prediction:

FC Barcelona the clear favorites. Way easier for them to win a 3rd consecutive Liga than 16/17 and 10/11. Even easier than 06/07.

Atlético most likely 2nd. They could defeat Barça in Madrid, and finish 2nd "just" 5-6 points short of Barça, but that's about it.

Madrid 3rd at best. Not signing Pogba will ruin the season for them.

4th Valencia, most lilkely.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona favourites, hopefully Atletico push them close though and make it interesting this year.

Despite all the money spent, Real Madrid look a shambles defensively in pre season. Don't think they'll make top 4 unless they improve massively before the league starts.

Could another team be a dark horse for top 4. Betis maybe?

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Barcelona favourites, hopefully Atletico push them close though and make it interesting this year.

Despite all the money spent, Real Madrid look a shambles defensively in pre season. Don't think they'll make top 4 unless they improve massively before the league starts.

Could another team be a dark horse for top 4. Betis maybe?
Madrid can hardly be worse than last season, and they comfortably made top four then. I think hell will freeze over before one of Real/Barcelona drops out of top 4.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona staff in Paris to sign Neymar
Messi,Neymar, Suárez, Dembelé :nervous:
+ De Jong,who I will ignore from now on,not to cry :lol:

Last edited:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I read €100m + Coutinho. If PSG accept that would be good business for Barcelona.

Only issue then is who they bench, surely can't keep all their attackers happy.

If they play them all would be far too top heavy.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Borja Iglesias to Betis
Now Espanyol want Zaza or maybe Mariano on loan

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
James situation has changed. Zidane counts on him. He is not in the market

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
I didn’t know La Liga games were on ITV? Thought they were on a separate channel?
They were on ITV4 from January since Eleven sports is going broke. Same thing happend with Serie A which was an Eleven Sports exclusive but then Premier Sports bought the rights after new year.