La Liga 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Entertaining game. Great 2nd half from Osasuna. Chimy Ávila, what a character: grinta, hard working, technique, flair... and the winning goal!
Was impressed with him at Huesca last season, had a really good game at Real Madrid towards the end.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He will if they're still top of La Liga.

I could be wrong but I actually think most Madridista's would rather win the league this year than the CL. Perez probably would as well. Barcelona are edging towards their record.
If that's the case (I actually think it is), I presume it's just because Madrid are not among the best in Europe anymore, so it actually makes sense to prioritize the tournament you have more chances to win. It's almost a given Madrid are not going to win the CL.

And all in all I think the Messi factor is just too important to compete against, so it will be extremely hard to win the league too.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
"GatoLoco, post: 24789753, member: 112611"]If that's the case (I actually think it is), I presume it's just because Madrid are not among the best in Europe anymore, so it actually makes sense to prioritize the tournament you have more chances to win. It's almost a given Madrid are not going to win the CL.

And all in all I think the Messi factor is just too important to compete against, so it will be extremely hard to win the league too.
Madrid squad is quality, got James, Isco, Modric, Rodrygo, Jovic on the bench yesterday. With Vinicius to come back from injury.

Only weakness maybe GK, as long as Benzema and Jovic do ok at CF.

Should be competitive for league and CL.

Barcelona also have a stacked squad, not been that impressed with Messi or Suarez this season though.

Both can produce real quality, like in CL this week, they look done physically though to me.

Not a wonder to me Barcelona had some shocking away results in recent seasons.

wr8_utd

:'(
Madrid squad is quality, got James, Isco, Modric, Rodrygo, Jovic on the bench yesterday. With Vinicius to come back from injury.

Only weakness maybe GK, as long as Benzema and Jovic do ok at CF.

Should be competitive for league and CL.

Barcelona also have a stacked squad, not been that impressed with Messi or Suarez this season though.

Both can produce real quality, like in CL this week, they look done physically though to me.

Not a wonder to me Barcelona had some shocking away results in recent seasons.
He's started 2 games and it's October already and in one of those games he gave a match winning and stunning assist.

Yagami

Good post resistant
D.Suarez and Rafinha are linking up really well!

The way they're both used as inside playmakers from the right and left, with both coming inside to form a square in central midfield alongside Okay and Lobotka, remind me of how City used to play with D.Silva and Nasri in said wide roles when they'd come inside and form a square with Yaya Toure and Barry/Fernandinho.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He's started 2 games and it's October already and in one of those games he gave a match winning and stunning assist.
Didn't see Granada game, I know they lost 2 0 though

Saw Villareal One, Messi barely moving most of first half as injured himself having done the awards night before...

Also saw Inter game, Suarez with two moments of real class, didn't do much else though. Messi with good run for 2nd.

I think Inter played to their hands, too deep after early goal, should have gone for it more, make Suarez and Messi run as much as possible.

Barca can get away with it at home to a large degree. End of season away v home record going to be interesting.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Ugly half in Atletico game, scrappy, loads of fouls. Missed passes, mistakes and players diving around.

Terrible penalty miss by Sandro.

VAR gave it via referee checking screen. First boot in was probably a foul, second one not so much.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Jesus Joao Felix has really not looked good these past few weeks bar the midweek CL game.

This is frustrating for me because I have his OTW card on FIFA and need him to get an inform:mad: twat.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
No surprise after CL game, Barca looked much better in last 30 mins with De Jong in his correct position and Dembele on for Griezmann.

Could be difficult game for Sevilla at the camp nou.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How come Jordan isn't starting for them, thought he'd been amazing since signing but he was on the bench last week aswell.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
No surprise after CL game, Barca looked much better in last 30 mins with De Jong in his correct position and Dembele on for Griezmann.

Could be difficult game for Sevilla at the camp nou.
Busquets is done, and has been for some time now. He might still cut it as a rotational option against weaker domestic opposition but that's about it. Semedo on the left again which means their left attacking side will be hamstrung.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What a cross field ball to set that attack up, Sevilla should have scored.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ter Stegen has been saving this Barcelona team all season so far. There's only so much he can do. Far and away the best GK in the world, it's ridiculous how Bayern Munich are behaving towards him.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
What’s the Bayern Munich bit you’re referring to?
They took issue with Ter Stegen voicing his frustration at not being given a chance in the German NT. In retaliation, Munich said at one point something to the effect they'd withdraw their players from the NT if Neuer was benched. Looking into it now, it seems they've backtracked from that position so it's ridiculous how they behaved.

Bole Top

3 clear chances for Sevilla and then stunner from Suarez. probably goal of the season so far.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Suarez last three goals have all been golazos!

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Ruthless efficiency by Barcelona.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Great pass, Navas playing Vidal on, mistake. Clinical Barcelona.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Geez, talk about turning a bad start into a blowout. Great goal by Dembele.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Barcelona at camp nou really something else. Not a great start, but just brutal clinical finishing suddenly 3 0.

wr8_utd

:'(
Brilliant finish from Suarez for his goal. Barca look a lot better without putting De Jong/Griezmann on the left and having an actual winger play there. They've still been exceptionally poor at the back though and only a super save from Stegen and some woeful finishing from De Jong has helped Barca keep a clean sheet so far.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Luuk de Jong shouldve never left PSV. He's not good enough for a real league.

Heyli

Supports
Ajax
Luuk de Jong shouldve never left PSV. He's not good enough for a real league.
I think PSV should be happy he left though. Gave some room for Malen and he seems to be doing quite well!