La Liga 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I quite like Bardhi from Levante. Not sure how he's rated in Spain but think he's a player with potential to play higher up the league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Need Jovic

Btw Mendy is a good defender but good gods, he's worse than useless on the ball

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If points totals per games continue no team is even reaching 80 points this season, back to late 90s La Liga. :drool:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Is there anything worse than short corners? I really have no idea why we keep taking them like that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This is 17/18 all over again. Watch us lose on the last kick of the game

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Zidane, Valverde and Simeone are saving eachothers' jobs. Must have made a pact behind the scenes

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chance for winner of Granada-La Real to go top/joint top then.

Will be a really good watch now that's on the line.

Cait Sith

Not really bizarre. Those 90 - 100 point seasons were not normal. Both Madrid and especially Barca golden eras at the same time with prime Ronaldo and Messi on top.

80 something is just back to normality.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We're weird as hell. Benzema has been amazing but a great goalscorer he is not, yet we keep pretending as if he is

I don't think Zidane is maximizing this team's quality. On the other hand, i don't think this team can be much better than it is either, and it's not like we're playing badly all in all. We created plenty of clear cut chances tonight and just missed them. Betis had almost nothing. Still, we're unable to string more than 2 wins together and struggle to get results on short rest games, and that's a worrying trend

freeurmind

weak willed
The ref and VAR in Sevilla-Atletico was diabolical. Sevilla defender handled it on the line then put the ball between his legs but nothing given.

van Hooijdonk

Amazing that he's still there
I was firmly in the pro-Valverde camp till the end of last season, but the fiasco vs Liverpool and the loss in the Copa final plus the shaky start of the new season made me more of an anti-EV. The play is far from the high standarts of Barca. He needs to change something. If not he will be out inevitably. Sooner or later.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think Escriba is off if Celta lose tonight. 6 goals in 11 with the attacking talent they have is really poor.

At least Mina's been dropped tonight.

gibers

Valverde has to give many answers over the next few weeks. 1 or 2 more bad results and his job could be at stake.
He's not going anywhere. Barcelona have lost 2 semi finals by massive bottle jobs and he kept his job. They are joint top of laliga and will qualify for next round of cl. Why would they sack him now?

Yagami

Good post resistant
It's finally hit me. Mallo is the Spanish Young. Hoof, hoof, hoof, hoof

Yagami

Good post resistant
That was a smoooooth outside of the boot pass from Lobotka. Got proper Scholes vibes from it.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Suarez first off. He's been absolutely terrible lately. If he was playing like this for Arsenal in training then it makes sense as to why Emery didn't play him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Escribá sacked
Solari favorite to be the new coach. They also though of Abelardo and Gracia

Yagami

Good post resistant
Fitting that his first match will be away to Barcelona

Yagami

Good post resistant
Arthur's back in the squad for tonight, and will most likely start. I guess Barca's recent performance in the CL showed Valverde why a CM of Arthur's quality is necessary. Especially at home where they're expected to dominate.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hazard completely killing this Eibar defence. Probably his best game since signing.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure if there is a Fede Valverde thread, I don't think so. In any case it will not take much to see one around soon.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure if there is a Fede Valverde thread, I don't think so. In any case it will not take much to see one around soon.
Truth be told, he doesn't even do anything in particular. He's just dynamic, covers a lot of ground quickly and moves off the ball

And that is *all* we needed to fix the midfield :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Has Casemiro fallen off a cliff then performance wise then?

Always thought of him as a very good DM when I've seen him for Madrid and Brazil.

RoyH1

Hazard completely killing this Eibar defence. Probably his best game since signing.
I know it's only Eibar, but every time he touches the ball he's been electric. Is starting to look like the player he was at Chelsea.