La Liga 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Uh? No, why? :confused:
Presumed Valverde was a DM so thought he would be playing infront of him? Seems Casemiro and Valverde are playing together today, interesting although not sure you'd play both for a big CL tie, need two in midfield to move the ball quicker to front three as Modric and Kroos can obviously do.

RoyH1

Truth be told, he doesn't even do anything in particular. He's just dynamic, covers a lot of ground quickly and moves off the ball

And that is *all* we needed to fix the midfield :lol:
I don't know Giorno, he looks like a pretty promising box to box midfielder to me.

That goal was Kroos'esque too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Presumed Valverde was a DM so thought he would be playing infront of him? Seems Casemiro and Valverde are playing together today, interesting although not sure you'd play both for a big CL tie, need two in midfield to move the ball quicker to front three as Modric and Kroos can obviously do.
Valverde is a dynamic box-to-box. Of course they play together and of course we're gonna play them in big CL games. We can't afford not to

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know Giorno, he looks like a pretty promising box to box midfielder to me.

That goal was Kroos'esque too.
Yeah he's good! Point is, he's not doing anything extraordinary. I'd expect any good box-to-box midfielder to be able to do the same. Guys like liverpool's for example, Matuidi, Emre Can, etc

Imagine if we'd gotten Pogba ffs :(

RoyH1

Yeah he's good! Point is, he's not doing anything extraordinary. I'd expect any good box-to-box midfielder to be able to do the same. Guys like liverpool's for example, Matuidi, Emre Can, etc

While he’s obviously several orders of magnitude a better player, I don’t see Pogba putting in the miles and energy that Valverde does.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Celta show up with a new manager and a clear plan to stop Barcelona. Nullified by a cheap individual mistake from their right back. Unlucky.

Bole Top

Celta were decent untill that handball. easy penalty by Messi and it's 1-0.

edit: Semedo out injured.

Bole Top

1-1, Celta scores from freekick after foul from Messi. Barca are simply awful.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Deserved imo or at least not undeserved. No chance created in this game, Celta managed to shut up shop nicely with their "overcrowd Messi's space" tactic.

Bole Top

ah, typical. another masterpiece. completely undeserved but who cares when you have him in your team.

TommiHelm

Seriously, he must have scored more attempts than he don't from that position soon. I feel like deja vu every time he runs up like that. Crazy.

Stadjer

You dont want Pogba... he is a virus and is faking injuries. Just let him stay in Manchester.

Stadjer

Has Messi always been this good on free kicks? He just keeps scoring them. Any player who even gets close to his free kicks?

Bole Top

Has Messi always been this good on free kicks? He just keeps scoring them. Any player who even gets close to his free kicks?
well, he shared that duty with Xavi and Alves in past. today, he scores more than other best freekick takers combined (Pjanic and Dybala). he's untouchable at them atm.

Paul_Scholes18

It is mainly in the last few years he has scored so many. Must have trained on them a lot.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Mihajlović and Zola had very good free kick records in Serie A as far as I can recall.

Is there any confirmation that Semedo is injured? It seemed to me that Valverde realised that Roberto won't work in the DM role (who would have thought, eh) and as usual proceeded to sacrifice a player with the least reputation. I don't know if I've ever seen a 23 minute sub before, especially where the player subbed off isn't even playing badly.

wr8_utd

:'(
Once he became the sole free kick taker, there's been no looking back. He's been unreal for the last 3-4 years. His accuracy makes you actually feel he's probably the GOAT at free kicks also especially at the rate he's scoring them these days. Seems to be at >10 a calendar year.

wr8_utd

Mihajlović and Zola had very good free kick records in Serie A as far as I can recall.

Is there any confirmation that Semedo is injured? It seemed to me that Valverde realised that Roberto won't work in the DM role (who would have thought, eh) and as usual proceeded to sacrifice a player with the least reputation. I don't know if I've ever seen a 23 minute sub before, especially where the player subbed off isn't even playing badly.
The commentators did say he's got a niggle but Semedo isn't one of the scapegoats for Valverde. He plays him all the time now and even trusts him at LB over playing Jr Shirpo.

wr8_utd

Dembele coming in has helped Barca. Playing much better not.
Free kick in Messi territory again. And AGAIN

pregra

Supports
FC Barcelona,Argentina
Can we hope for a free-kick hat-trick? Only seen Mihajlovic do that.

wr8_utd

Busquets makes it 4-1. Brilliant work on the counter and great work by Dembele.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Morata seems to have found some good goalscoring form for Atletico. He’s almost scoring a goal a game at the minute.
I've never thought of him as an awful striker. Way people seem to remember him at Chelsea is him being as bad as Torres was there. From memory he started off well there and then lost a bit of confidence, was same last season I think,

In his time at Chelsea he scored some excellent goals with movement off the last defender, hat trick v Stoke and the goal he scored at home to Man. United are two examples so would assume Atletico's style is suiting him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Morata seems to have found some good goalscoring form for Atletico. He’s almost scoring a goal a game at the minute.
Nice to see him get some offside justice today, after so many bad calls playing for us. Shocking Atletico scoring 3 in a game, hopefully they'll keep this form. Some of their games eye bleeding bad this season.

Great Seville derby on Sunday night. Very good game and perfectly refereed and VARd for 87 mins or so I watched. Refreshing change...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Betis hovering above the bottom 3 is really disappointing.

Quique Seiten was practically hounded out even though they were nowhere near as low last season and they had some great away wins at Real Madrid and Barca.