La Liga 2019/20

wr8_utd

:'(
Respect to Suarez. He still has a lot of dodgy moments but his overall play definitely looks far superior to last year.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Messi Hat-trick, and I believe it's now the all time record for Liga hat-tricks. To add insult to injury, Mallorca have brought on someone with a sheriff moustache.

wr8_utd

Messi! Another beautiful finish. Overtakes Ronaldo now for La Liga hat tricks.
He's above Benzema now as Top Scorer despite missing a month of the season.

wr8_utd

Suarez could and should have had a hat trick at the very least today. Amazing how many easy chances he missed and then scored that absolutely glorious backheel.

izec

Oh my god that goal...

Frenkie is turning out nicely for Barca, just as i imagined. Ridiculous midfielder

zkap

Supports
Barça
Great goal by Suarez, I didn’t see anything like it. There were some great backheel goals, but none that were scored in that way.
Messi again stole the show though, he casually scored that hat trick like it was in a training session. It was an all-around good and entertaining game by Barça, but much of it was down to Messi’s brilliance again. GOAT, I had a feeling he’d produce something like that after the Ballon d’Or.

Bole Top

2-0, Joaquin :drool: he has most La Liga appearances (528) of all active players and while he won't catch Zubizarreta (622) , next season he will certainly overtake Raul who's second on that all time table with 550 appearances.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I remember when the Caf muppetry dreamed of signing Joaquin. I was sold as well.
Think Chelsea were in for him when Abramovich took over but he wanted to stay in Spain.

He's part of that generation of fantastic Spanish wingers who came through at start of 00s but never quite reached the heights. Him, Vicente and the late Jose Reyes. All played for Spain at that time aswell but none were in the squad when Spain hit their golden streak of 08-12 even though all three were still around 28-30.

Still iconic player for Real Betis over two spells.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Oscar Rodriguez with two nice goals for leganes today, on loan from Real Madrid.

Celta been dismal. Don't understand them appointing Oscar Garcia when Javi Gracia was available.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Think Chelsea were in for him when Abramovich took over but he wanted to stay in Spain.

He's part of that generation of fantastic Spanish wingers who came through at start of 00s but never quite reached the heights. Him, Vicente and the late Jose Reyes. All played for Spain at that time aswell but none were in the squad when Spain hit their golden streak of 08-12 even though all three were still around 28-30.

Still iconic player for Real Betis over two spells.
Good post.

At Valencia, while doing some very good seasons, he just didn't reached the expected heights, but simply because he was highly rated and people were expecting him to become a more differential player.

Not a world beater, but people tend to misjudge footballer careers just because they are not Ronaldo / Messi / Zidane / Beckham kind of player. Joaquin has 51 caps under the NT shirt, and played in top leagues all his career. It's hard enough to reach La Liga/ Serie A / etc as a player, bare in mind play your whole career on it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I remember when the Caf muppetry dreamed of signing Joaquin. I was sold as well.
Sorry for the odd/lateísh bump, just seen Joacquin scored a hat trick. He was one for the muppetry indeed :drool: electric on his day. I always wanted him and another winger at Valencia - Vicente, to sign for United. They were both plagued by injury though, iirc.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Tsunami democratic are set to launch another demonstration closing off 4 entrances for the Barca v madrid game on the 18th of this month. So far there's about 18000 signed up for it. Typical. That's why the first game was postponed in the first place. Could get very Messi.

RoyH1

Tsunami democratic are set to launch another demonstration closing off 4 entrances for the Barca v madrid game on the 18th of this month. So far there's about 18000 signed up for it. Typical. That's why the first game was postponed in the first place. Could get very Messi.
The people in charge of Barsa and the leadership of Tsunami Democratic are close so once they get closer to the date they'll find a solution. They'll probably be allowed to display their political messages in the stadium.
I doubt Barsa leadership allows them to do something that would result in Barsa forfeiting the match and Madrid being given the 3 points. Messi is on fire right now and Madrid are decimated by injuries. Should be an easy win for Barsa.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bardhi wins the game for Levante late on in Granada with a fantastic strike, he's a pretty decent player I think.