La Liga 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like Barcelona are going all in for Lautaro Martinez. I can see the logic in that forward target with Suarez 33 and picking up plenty of injuries but apparently to fund the deal they're trying to give Inter Nelson Semedo and Firpo in return. Probably offer Rakitic instead will seal the deal.

Barca seem to have a really wierd transfer strategy. Sign players and then realise within first training session they don't have "Barca DNA" and try to get rid of them, did the same with likes of Mina, Andre Gomes and Digne and found Everton a willing participant.

Really think that's another flawed part of their strategy that will come crashing down post Messi.

Pep's Suit

Looks like Barcelona are going all in for Lautaro Martinez. I can see the logic in that forward target with Suarez 33 and picking up plenty of injuries but apparently to fund the deal they're trying to give Inter Nelson Semedo and Firpo in return. Probably offer Rakitic instead will seal the deal.

Barca seem to have a really wierd transfer strategy. Sign players and then realise within first training session they don't have "Barca DNA" and try to get rid of them, did the same with likes of Mina, Andre Gomes and Digne and found Everton a willing participant.

Really think that's another flawed part of their strategy that will come crashing down post Messi.
Then Inter will exchange Semedo for Cancelo. However Barca signing Lautaro while still have Suarez and Griezmann makes zero sense to me.

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Lautaro is the perfect type of striker to play next to Messi, it makes sense they're going for him since Suarez has been getting injury problems. Not exactly the type of player I'd see Setien wanting though and having Messi, Griezmann, Suarez and Lautaro at the same time would be a bit over the top since they're all forward players that are at their best centrally.

The transfer window will be very different this year so it will be interesting to see how that works out. Maybe we'll see some clubs struggling more than others and some players going for discount prices, if UEFA are planning on playing CL matches in August then the dates of the market being open will have to change too.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
La Liga is kicking off again this evening, with a Sevilla derby (9pm for you guys in the UK). Will be interesting to see what the games look like, but it's gonna be strange to see a game with usually an amazing atmosphere being played BCD.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
La Liga is kicking off again this evening, with a Sevilla derby (9pm for you guys in the UK). Will be interesting to see what the games look like, but it's gonna be strange to see a game with usually an amazing atmosphere being played BCD.
Don’t we all know by now how it looks like? Bundesliga comes to mind.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I have missed it, at first not so much, but I did as soon as I started to see players posting training sessions.
Now I only need some signing soap opera, Lautaro Martínez,Haaland,Camavinga...
I think I will see more games than usual. Tebas should invent something for the stands, a little noise.
Looking forward to seeing Hazard. From what is said he has come back really well from his injury.
There was a bit of a mess with the issue of whether there could be public in some stadiums but apparently it was decided that everybody or none.
What do you think about the future tshirts? I like the white one with that pink trim, although from what I read 95% think that the third shirt is rubbish

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Aren't Real Madrid playing their home games at the training ground?

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Don’t we all know by now how it looks like? Bundesliga comes to mind.
Sure, but I meant in terms of fitness, if they took any lessons from how the Bundesliga kicked off (slow and little intensity), if it'll show the same patterns or be different at all. Also, temperatures are already pretty intense certain days which might make a difference for certain games.
I have missed it, at first not so much, but I did as soon as I started to see players posting training sessions.
I think I will see more games than usual. Tebas should invent something for the stands, a little noise.
Looking forward to seeing Hazard. From what is said he has come back really well from his injury.
There was a bit of a mess with the issue of whether there could be public in some stadiums but apparently it was decided that everybody or none.
What do you think about the future tshirts? I like the white one with that pink trim, although from what I read 95% think that the third shirt is rubbish
Both look awful.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Not a fan of the main shirt, the black collar is weird and I don't remember a Madrid kit like that. Maybe it will look better once players wear it. The third kit is an abomination.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I thought this la Liga channel was going to be free for the remaining game’s. Gutted.

Wayne's World

Cracking match to start Spanish Football again. Fiercest rivalry in Spain for (even more so then Madrid v Barcelona)

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Does William Carvalho not start for Betis?

He’s the best portuguese midfielder for the national team but I never see good news about him at Betis.

PoTMS

CGI fans from FIFA 20 in the crowd. Looks more like a mural. Like the waving banner though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It seems a big mistake. He has settled in the city -and for what is said- enjoys a very intense social life.
It will end up happening to him like Llorente, who stubbornly spent too much time on the bench.
He should go on loan

van Hooijdonk

Very good game for Barca. Many created chances, very lively and dynamic football from cules.

Pep's Suit

It seems a big mistake. He has settled in the city -and for what is said- enjoys a very intense social life.
It will end up happening to him like Llorente, who stubbornly spent too much time on the bench.
He should go on loan
That's the problem with so many young players... and to be fair Brahim was decent for City but only decent. Thought he's more Betis / Getafe / Villarreal-level player at best.

Water Melon

Anyone watched Bilbao vs. Atletico? Class saves by both keepers in a game that finished 1:1.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
More dropped points by Atletico. Think this will be first season they don't finish top 4 under Simeone so will need to win CL to play in that competition next season if that competition actually restarts in next few months.

flappyjay

More dropped points by Atletico. Think this will be first season they don't finish top 4 under Simeone so will need to win CL to play in that competition next season if that competition actually restarts in next few months.
Yeah I have it in my head that top 4 is a given for them. But the more games go by there is chance they might stayout. Their saving grace could be their deep squad with the congested fixtures ahead.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That's the problem with so many young players... and to be fair Brahim was decent for City but only decent. Thought he's more Betis / Getafe / Villarreal-level player at best.
He is too young to know what his level is. When he arrived he was playing more and Zidane seemed happy with him. Technically is very good but should go for a couple of years to one of the teams you name and play 30/35 games during the season

Paul_Scholes18

We will see if the trend carries on with the big sides getting the wins after the break.
I do think we will see less upsets without the crowd carrying the smaller team on.
With less emotions in the game it favors the bigger teams.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Call me old fashioned but it's not football if i don't want to eat someone's face 5 minutes into the game

This is rubbish