La Liga 2019/20

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
If we win our remaining 6 games we finish on 89 points

With Hazard injured for most of the season, no Asensio, and having to rely heavily on two brazilian teenagers

I'd say whatever barcelona's problems, Zidane is doing a great job
I agree he's doing a very good job, but it's just funny how these things work. If Barcelona were having a normal season he'd most likely end the season with no trophies and get criticism for the exact same job that he's getting praised for.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I agree he's doing a very good job, but it's just funny how these things work. If Barcelona were having a normal season he'd most likely end the season with no trophies and get criticism for the exact same job that he's getting praised for.
He would get criticism because that cannot be avoided in the job he's doing, but even under these circumstances there are different levels. I mean, if Barcelona were having a normal season, that would probably be reflected on a more solid performance by their best players and Madrid fans and journalists would really point out at Florentino barely signing mature "cracks" last 4 or 5 seasons (failing to sign Mbappe, Pogba etc) or how Zidane inherited the worst Madrid team in the last 11 years.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
If we win our remaining 6 games we finish on 89 points

With Hazard injured for most of the season, no Asensio, and having to rely heavily on two brazilian teenagers

I'd say whatever barcelona's problems, Zidane is doing a great job
Zidane is truly proving himself as one of the best managers today, the earlier success in the UCL was masked by the brilliance of Ronaldo but the performance of Madrid this year in the league has been great, with a weaker squad than before.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Achraf about to sign with Inter.
He has said goodbye to Borussia but not Madrid. Madrid fans outraged because of this, after being from a kid in Valdebebas, and for choosing to leave rather than fight for a place.
I feel a little sorry but I understand him perfectly. On the other hand, it seems that Zidane made no effort to support him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
What a run and peno

Saved by ter Stegen.
Edit: Penalty to be retaken.
and scored.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
How is that not a handball? The officiating in this match is horrendous

izec

What exactly is harsh and shocking? That Ter Stegen is not allowed to play under a different set of rules?
inconsistency. 90% don't look at this, it was a cm. Every second penalty should get called back, and it won't. Either apply it every time or leave it

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Very very soft penalty

But again, the officiating has been poor in this game

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Penalties in La Liga are a joke

Both "fouls" barely even touched the attacker

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Seems whenever Barca are in danger of dropping points at Camp Nou they get awarded a soft penalty.

Was same v Real Sociedad just before lockdown.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
VAR has become a perfect way to corrupt competition.Big teams have it much easier than before.

There are as much or more talk about refereeing decisions than before and the debate is focused on ridiculous plays, that without var would go unnoticed such as these both penalties

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
What are these penalties.

With VAR in action, that last penalty decision is inexcusable.

padr81

Supports
Man City
The feck is going on, is football in Spain non-contact because of covid?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
inconsistency. 90% don't look at this, it was a cm. Every second penalty should get called back, and it won't. Either apply it every time or leave it
What inconsistency are you talking about? Do you really claim to have a stat of missed penalties this season in Spain where the goalkeeper wasn't having any foot on the line and it wasn't repeated? And on the top of that you claim it's 90%?

I spoke with a friend of mine who is a Barcelona fan and he just told me VAR is looking very closely at this in Spain this season.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
Chipping someone with your leg while running is a clear pen, preventing someone from jumping charging down on his shoulder is not even up for a review, bah :lol: