boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah that's a clear penalty

VAR again :lol:

ReVAR Madrid :drool:

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
If Real win 1-0 tonight it means out of 8 games since the restart they have won 4 by 1 goal which have all been penalties.

At least when we get penalties we win by 2 or 3 goals. The refs are gifting Real this title.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If Real win 1-0 tonight it means out of 8 games since the restart they have won 4 by 1 goal which have all been penalties.

At least when we get penalties we win by 2 or 3 goals. The refs are gifting Real this title.
I mean, the only soft or doubtful penalty was the vinicius against real sociedad. Maybe our opponents should stop fouling us in the box :lol:

Although that said, we did have a number of favourable calls in these games since the restart

van Hooijdonk

The refs gifted the same way their last 2 titles- in 2012 and in 2017. Since Raul's days at Madrid they haven't won La Liga fair and square.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Defensively very well but I don't see them able to score two or three goals against City, or against anyone
Might be one of the biggest bust in recent history for a club of that size. What a waste of his opportunity.
the day after that cover Zidane said at a press conference that Jovic was the future and that he would score many goals.
Sometimes he seems like a boy who has his head in Belgrade, others say that Madrid require a level of professionalism and character/attitude that he does not have.
I usually protest quite a bit with each discard of Zidane but in the end he seems to be right,Llorente, Reguilón,Ceballos or the confidence with Benzema.
Perhaps he is good but he does not fit into his system.
Of course he had the opportunity to make him play and gave him 5 minutes every 2 weeks

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The only one from that lot we might regret letting go is Llorente, but then i can't blame Zidane for failing to see his potential as a second striker considering he was a DM...

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
the day after that cover Zidane said at a press conference that Jovic was the future and that he would score many goals.
Sometimes he seems like a boy who has his head in Belgrade, others say that Madrid require a level of professionalism and character/attitude that he does not have.
I usually protest quite a bit with each discard of Zidane but in the end he seems to be right,Llorente, Reguilón,Ceballos or the confidence with Benzema.
Perhaps he is good but he does not fit into his system.
Of course he had the opportunity to make him play and gave him 5 minutes every 2 weeks
That's what I've been hearing in regards to his attitude and character, he just doesn't seem like he fits in. Zidane can be harsh with some players, but I have to assume the tiny opportunities he gave him were based on the feedback he was getting in training.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Defensively very well but I don't see them able to score two or three goals against City, or against anyone
No chance against City indeed.

Madrid badly needs goalscoring options upfront and/or in midfield. If the defensive performance improved so much it's just because Zidane knew about the obvious lacks in attack.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
From 2016

How have Espanyol gone from 7th to relegation. Granted, they lost their manager Rubi to Betis.
They sold Hermoso the CB to Atleti who was fantastic for them but largely benchwarmed this season and also Borja the striker followed Rubi to Betis.

Think I said the other day I was surprised how regular Espanyol had been in the top division. Since 1929 I think they've only been relegated 4 times and come straight back up every single time.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
VAR or not, Real's defense is solid as hell. Several clean sheets in a row now if not mistaken. FCB have been very poor defensively this season (with Valverde still on board already) and deserve to end up 2nd.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The reffing in this game is remarkably terrible. 2 blatant penalties and not even under review wtf Lahoz is an abomination.

Bole Top

I don't think I've ever seen a worse coached team than current Barca. even Messi is made to look constantly shit and that takes some effort. simply unwatchable.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's my latest hobby horse but Valladolid remind me so much of us under Paul Lambert, seemingly never score a goal but somehow get 38 points from somewhere. Got that Sandro Ramirez guy upfront who Everton paid about 20m for three years back.

No surprise to me they've failed to score 15 times in La Liga this season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Was a brilliant win earlier for Leganes, 1-0 v Valencia who missed a penalty and Leganes had 10 men for most of the 2nd.

Would love them to stay up considering they were shafted badly by the stupid La Liga transfer rules but they're still 4 points off staying up and have Bilbao away and Real Madrid at home in their last two games so remote chance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Love you Ferland i take back everything negative i said :lol:

RoyH1

Madrid needs to invest in some quality strikers if they’re gonna challenge for the CL crown again. Very solid at the back but score too few goals to win against big sides.
Have to say Zidane has surprised me. Cannot argue against his results

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Mendy to become a starter for France? Seems like the kind of player Deschamps would like

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Madrid needs to invest in some quality strikers if they’re gonna challenge for the CL crown again. Very solid at the back but score too few goals to win against big sides.
Wingers not strikers. Their striker is scoring just fine. They got no goals from the wings at all though

@Peyroteo Given who our starting left back is I really doubt it

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
I don't think they'll make any major signings and will bank on having Hazard and Asensio for a full season next year and on Barca not making any significant improvements. Which is a mistake in the short term imo as I don't think they'll be where they want to be at without any forward signings but it means Vinicius and Rodrygo will get their minutes and they get to wait for Mbappe so they'll be fine.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Why is that?

Hernandez has been out all season pretty much and Bayern have Davies who won't lose his spot any time soon so it seems like there's a spot opening up.
Lucas Hernandez is better than Mendy quite simply. He works harder and he's even more solid defensively. He's probably the most Deschamps-esque player in the entire French NT.

RoyH1

I don't think they'll make any major signings and will bank on having Hazard and Asensio for a full season next year and on Barca not making any significant improvements. Which is a mistake in the short term imo as I don't think they'll be where they want to be at without any forward signings but it means Vinicius and Rodrygo will get their minutes and they get to wait for Mbappe so they'll be fine.
I don't think Mbappé will ever come to Madrid as so many say, specially not after CAS buried FFP at the top end of the scale. The Qatari authorities will be able to offer him fortunes that even a club as wealthy as Madrid could never match. And while I think Vinicius and Rodrygo will turn out to be quality players, I don't think they'll ever be great goalscorers.
Madrid need more goals than just Benzema

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lucas Hernandez is better than Mendy quite simply. He works harder and he's even more solid defensively. He's probably the most Deschamps-esque player in the entire French NT.
He's a CB though, yes he's a better defender but Mendy is a great defender, and he offers more going forward. Plus given Umtiti seems to be broken and he doesn't fancy Laporte, Lucas is probably his second best CB after Varane

Honestly, if what he's done in the last two games is an indication of things to come, he may well turn into a top 3 player at the position. Been the signing of the season in Spain

Gibb11

He's a CB though, yes he's a better defender but Mendy is a great defender, and he offers more going forward. Plus given Umtiti seems to be broken and he doesn't fancy Laporte, Lucas is probably his second best CB after Varane

Honestly, if what he's done in the last two games is an indication of things to come, he may well turn into a top 3 player at the position. Been the signing of the season in Spain
Weirdly his brother (Theo) might be another bit of competition for the national team, for left back I mean. He's been excellent for Milan.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going to be a formality, Villareal resting half of their regular starting line up tonight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Do clubs still pay other clubs to put in a good performance in Spain?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Messi just has 5 goals against the Top 10 in the League?
This can't be true?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
feck you and your dog too :keano:

Don't jinx it! :(
Calm down you've got Leganes last game as the insurance policy. And Barca are losing so it might not matter anyway. :lol:

Not watching but just had a glance at half time stats and Villareal had one shot on or off target. Hopefully they put on likes of Cazorla and Trigueros while it's still 1-0 to have a go a bit more as they've been playing really well since restart. I presume Carlos Bacca and Paco Alacaer are injured so that's a huge chunk of Villareal's attacking threat taken out.

Have to say though since March Madrid have been a beast at the back, now Barca are the ones who frequently give away cheap goals when it was the opposite last season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Alaves winning so Mallorca and Leganes will be relegated tonight. Hopefully one of those will find a winner and take it to the last day.