La Liga 2019/20

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It would have been the goal of the season, a pity

Yagami

Good post resistant
Why you gotta do the thread dirty with that cringe inducing title, my man.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Why you gotta do the thread dirty with that cringe inducing title, my man.
What else would you expect from an elated Madridista?

Congrats to Real Madrid for their success. Their consistency in getting wins after the hiatus was impressive for sure even if they weren't at their best for several of those matches.

Siorac

The encroachment rules is a retake regardless of who does it. Its a weird one, you'd think it could be exploited.
No, that's not true. If the attacking team encroaches and the keeper saves it then advantage is played - otherwise it would punish the innocent party. Same if a defender encroaches but the attacker scores the pen.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Respect to Real Madrid fans for not doing what Liverpool fans did celebrating with covid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What's the situation with europa league places in La Liga given the cup final isn't taking place until next season? Does it go down 6th or 7th tonight?

Zen

I've not even heard of half the scrubs in todays Barca setup...

I know the Messiah is one of them, but 6 30+' geezers too. Has La Masia actually produced anyone since like Thiago?

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
I've not even heard of half the scrubs in todays Barca setup...

I know the Messiah is one of them, but 6 30+' geezers too. Has La Masia actually produced anyone since like Thiago?
A lot of decent quality (Grimaldo, Munir, Cucurella, Carles Perez or Aleña) plus Fati and Puig playing right now, but yeah, nothing at the level of talent we had 10 years ago.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Beautiful goal. Barcelona is showing glimpses of former team play in the last few games.

IMHO Ricky Puig has a brilliant future
In all honesty, he's my favourite midfield talent in the world already. He's the prototype La Masia player.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
A lot of decent quality (Grimaldo, Munir, Cucurella, Carles Perez or Aleña) plus Fati and Puig playing right now, but yeah, nothing at the level of talent we had 10 years ago.
Adama

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
That too, and it can be discussed, but Kubo spent 4 years in the academy too, until he left due to him being banned to play or train by Fifa.
Wasn't Jordi Alba also a La Masia product?

DarkLord

Nelson Semedo scored to make it 4-0. Barca always demolishing opponents after a draw/loss then drop points in the next game again.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Alavas is slap stick in front of the goal. The third big chance they missed in comical fashion.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Watch us gloriously lose 6-5 with Karim getting all 5

With 2 suspicious penalties

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Just seen Celta Vigo got Espanyol last game so don't think Leganes will stay up even if they get a win.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Karim should just stay inside the box and wait for the ball in this one

U99ted

Celta Vigo in a final day relegation scrap when they were in a Europa semi final just 3 years ago. Though I remember they were bottom half of the league then too.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This Levante-Getafe match is a shambles. :lol:

VAR at its finest.

Edit: Two goals that looked onside ruled offside.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Celta Vigo in a final day relegation scrap when they were in a Europa semi final just 3 years ago. Though I remember they were bottom half of the league then too.
Celta losing now although Leganes still need to win as Celta have better head to head.