La Liga 2019/20

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That should've been a penalty, IMO
Not for me, ball was deflected onto Kroos arm.

Leganes gave their all in run in. Got shafted in February with Braithwaite which was a disgrace, probably would've stayed up if they'd kept him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is it Goal difference now to seperate teams level on points btw?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Getafe been cheated out of europe aswell, they had two good goals disallowed tonight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Villarreal finishing 5th. Good season for them, they came back so strong.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Zaragoza, Almería,Girona and Elche/Fuenlabrada will play the promotion to Primera.
Deportivo to 2B.Their match was cancelled because Fuenlabrada had some covid positives.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I do not know if you have followed it, but there is a good mess in the second division.
In summary, Fuenlabrada arrive in Coruña and announce that they have positives for Covid. The match is suspended. Deportivo needed to win, and hope that Lugo or Albacete lose. Lugo and Albacete win, and Deportivo goes to Segunda B without playing.
This fact favors Fuenlabrada, who would play against a relegated team and could get a place in the promotion. It also involves Elche, who fights that place with Fuenlabrada.
The Fuenlabrada hotel is dislodged, the mayor of Coruña accuses to la Liga of hiding information (perhaps to finish the league as soon as possible), and to Fuenlabrada for not waiting for test results and not isolating an infected person.
Deportivo consider that all the games should have been suspended, to play them at the same time.
Now several teams, the Coruña city council and the regional government are going to file complaints against la liga and Fuenlabrada, for an attack on public health.

On the other hand, the son of Tebas, is secretary of the Fuenla's board , and it has been discovered that two years ago he requested (Tebas himself), 130000 euros for advising Fuenlabrada.
In summary, Deportivo and Numancia want the league to be expanded to 24 teams, since the entire repetition of the day seems impossible( And the president of Racing, already previously relegated, has just said that the fair would be a league of 26).

In addition, Elche (and I think Rayo) want the promotion to be played by 4 teams instead of 6.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Villarreal is Emery's level.
Wonder what role language barriers play in coaching. Emery looked like a very, very good coach for Sevilla and not quite confirmed that at PSG and Arsenal. Will be interesting to see how well he's doing at a Spanish team again.

Wreh

Supports
Arsenal
Wonder what role language barriers play in coaching. Emery looked like a very, very good coach for Sevilla and not quite confirmed that at PSG and Arsenal. Will be interesting to see how well he's doing at a Spanish team again.
He over coaches too much, the constant formation changes and subbing players at half time. it wasn't just communication problem it was a lot of things!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Tebas meditates resigning as president of the league. He is touched animically after the statement from the Higher Sports Council (blaming la liga) and because this case involves his family

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla are at the top of the clubs that want Take Kubo. They think he fits perfectly in Lopetegui's system.
In the favor the fact they will play Champions.
Now in talks about the length of the loan, the cost and some purchase option

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Sevilla are at the top of the clubs that want Take Kubo. They think he fits perfectly in Lopetegui's system.
In the favor the fact they will play Champions.
Now in talks about the length of the loan, the cost and some purchase option
That would be a good move for everybody. I was impressed whenever I saw him (which wasn't often, but still). He looked quite good and really brave. He was always asking for the ball and tried to be positive.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
needs to go somewhere we get assurances he'd be highly regarded by the coach. If Lopetegui wants him then that's good

Personally i really want us to bring Reguilon back. Marcelo's body is breaking down :(

Ideally we really should look at the valencia fire sale. Kondogbia would be a nice pickup to make up the numbers in midfield and allow Casemiro to rest every once in a while

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
That would be a good move for everybody. I was impressed whenever I saw him (which wasn't often, but still). He looked quite good and really brave. He was always asking for the ball and tried to be positive.
It would be a fantastic signing. I look forward to seeing him on a team with real aspirations. However the purchase option seems completely impossible. Now they need to retain Ocampos.
needs to go somewhere we get assurances he'd be highly regarded by the coach. If Lopetegui wants him then that's good

Personally i really want us to bring Reguilon back. Marcelo's body is breaking down :(

Ideally we really should look at the valencia fire sale. Kondogbia would be a nice pickup to make up the numbers in midfield and allow Casemiro to rest every once in a while
Marcelo, like Modric, is in the situation of being in Madrid until they want to, I mean,not exactly like that but he recovered a bit in the post covid. I don't think Reguilón will ever play for Madrid again. Kondogbia ... meh

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Marcelo, like Modric, is in the situation of being in Madrid until they want to, I mean,not exactly like that but he recovered a bit in the post covid. I don't think Reguilón will ever play for Madrid again. Kondogbia ... meh
Sure. I was saying we should keep Reguilon as well just in case. Though i know that would be difficult

Kondogbia is a decent player, can cover for either Casemiro or even Valverde, and he should be cheap. We can't go into next season asking Casemiro to play 60 games

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sure. I was saying we should keep Reguilon as well just in case. Though i know that would be difficult

Kondogbia is a decent player, can cover for either Casemiro or even Valverde, and he should be cheap. We can't go into next season asking Casemiro to play 60 games
I know, but Casemiro, right now, is very "titularísimo". As a player he is good, but I don't know if I would pay 20-30 million for him to play the copa.
Maybe there is someone in the academy to cover those games, and save the money for someone else, although I honestly do not think it will be enough for anyone.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Parejo might join Sevilla as Banega replacement. Not sure how I feel about that. Better than Rakitic, but I'd prefer someone else. Everyone seems to be up for sale in Valencia. Rumours are, that Michel is their next manager. I start to feel sorry for their fans. Lim is a joke.

Bole Top

wait, wait. if Deportivo is relegated, they end up in that weird division with Bilbao B, Barcelona B, Getafe B and such teams? that's simply tragic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Parejo might join Sevilla as Banega replacement. Not sure how I feel about that. Better than Rakitic, but I'd prefer someone else. Everyone seems to be up for sale in Valencia. Rumours are, that Michel is their next manager. I start to feel sorry for their fans. Lim is a joke.
Looks like they'll have another dicing with relegation up to March season. They'll then sack whoever has got them 17th and then Voro will come in and win the last 6 games again. :lol:

RoyH1

The whole affair with Fuenlabrada and Deportivo is absolutely crazy. This is going to end up being decided in court, no two ways around it.
The involvement of the Liga president Tebas makes it even worse. He should lose his job over this.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
@carvajal How reliable is David Vinuesa? He apparently is a journalist that covers Atletico Madrid news, and he's been flip-flopping on Partey to Arsenal recently. One moment, he says that Arsenal are willing to pay the release clause, and the next moment, he says the exact opposite.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
@carvajal How reliable is David Vinuesa? He apparently is a journalist that covers Atletico Madrid news, and he's been flip-flopping on Partey to Arsenal recently. One moment, he says that Arsenal are willing to pay the release clause, and the next moment, he says the exact opposite.
I did not know him, but Libertad digital, where he writes It´s quite reliable. I understand from what he writes that Arsenal does not want to pay the clause and wants to include players and Atlético refuse?.
A few days ago I read that he had accepted the renewal offer.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I did not know him, but Libertad digital, where he writes It´s quite reliable. I understand from what he writes that Arsenal does not want to pay the clause and wants to include players and Atlético refuse?.
A few days ago I read that he had accepted the renewal offer.
That's what perplexes me: the Spanish media's reports on Partey have been a bit all over the place. I'm not sure what to rely on at this point.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Almería´s sheik sacked another manager (the one after Guti). This one is the 5th I think, with the team in promotion!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Jose Gomes was at Reading earlier this season.

Pretty sure I caught 5 minutes of an Almeria match two weeks ago and Guti was still managing them. Wouldn't have had him as manager potential when he was a player.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid would be monitoring the progress of Koundé, for whom Zidane apparently was interested last year(ESPN)

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A Madrid player positive in Covid.He didn't train and is isolated
Edit: Mariano

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Now Nemanja Gudelj of Sevilla has tested positive for COVID-19. Is there a second wave coming through Spain right now?