La Liga 2020/21

Threesus

It's a shame Aiden Azar looks totally washed. He is lucky that there are no Madrid fans in the stadium.
Chelsea seem to be the masters at selling their players at the correct time.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
It's a shame Aiden Azar looks totally washed. He is lucky that there are no Madrid fans in the stadium.
Chelsea seem to be the masters at selling their players at the correct time.
For a minute there I was wondering who tf is Aiden Azar

Sanchez7

Game over with Messi sent off in the last seconds. Barca's golden years are behind them. With Messi likely leaving next season, fans better get used to playing second fidle to the Madrid teams.

el3mel

The formula of Spanish Super Cup is really great. It gives it a much higher value than a one off match.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What happened?

Because every time Barcelona fail to win a match seems fans moan about the officiating.
No the reffing was beyond atrocious and you’d have to be blind to think otherwise. Bilbao not getting a red at any point was laughable. Well done, they won, but a shambolic performance from the ref. Our defense was dire but that was embarrassing from the ref who I rarely like to blame in general.

Last edited:

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Messi sent off with a straight red card!? Has that ever happened before in his Barca career? Can't say I can recall any.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Turned off super cup in the second half whoops, assumed Barcelona would cruise after Garcia goal disallowed and Griezmann scored. Wrong!

Worldie from Williams to win it, poignant, perfect player to score. End of an era? Team of local Basques beat billion dollar Barcelona mercenaries with Messi first Barcelona red hammering the point home.

Time to go and get the kids back into the Barcelona team. So much money wasted on neo galatico project.

Last edited:

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
What happened?

Because every time Barcelona fail to win a match seems fans moan about the officiating.
Basically the ref was in favour of Barça all game, with several calls against Bilbao. Attempted robbery failed and now Barça fans are salty.

Sjaakmeoff

Basically the ref was in favour of Barça all game, with several calls against Bilbao. Attempted robbery failed and now Barça fans are salty.
Hahahaha, i'm not a barca fan but the ref was terrible.

One example: No (second) yellow? And no, this is not an unfortunate collision.

And then there were numerous incidents where Bilbao players we're literally hanging on Barca players to stop attacks. Not a single yellow card for those incidents either.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
what an incredibly moronic take, spoken like someone who didn’t watch the game. I hate complaining about the refs but it was genuinely horrible from them but you clearly didn’t watch the match at all

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Hahahaha, i'm not a barca fan but the ref was terrible.

One example: No (second) yellow? And no, this is not an unfortunate collision.

And then there were numerous incidents where Bilbao players we're literally hanging on Barca players to stop attacks. Not a single yellow card for those incidents either.
Lucky to keep all his teeth after the collision.

troylocker

What the hell is going on with Real Madrid and ZZ?
He has a shitload of young talent at his disposal, struggles to get results, and yet he pushes the youngsters away from them.
The average age of the last team they fielded was 29,3 years old. Letting talents like Vini, Rodrygo, Odegaard, Valverde, Militao and Jovic (now finally sent on loan) rot on the bench or in the stands, while not winning and giving their minutes to players like Lukas....Unbelievable! I don't think he realizes what a horrible job he is doing if he's trying to convince top young talents like Mbappe or Haaland that RM is the right place to go for top young talents...

romufc

He has a shitload of young talent at his disposal, struggles to get results, and yet he pushes the youngsters away from them.
The average age of the last team they fielded was 29,3 years old. Letting talents like Vini, Rodrygo, Odegaard, Valverde, Militao and Jovic (now finally sent on loan) rot on the bench or in the stands, while not winning and giving their minutes to players like Lukas....Unbelievable! I don't think he realizes what a horrible job he is doing if he's trying to convince top young talents like Mbappe or Haaland that RM is the right place to go for top young talents...

In all honesty, players like Mbappe, Halaand and even Pogba do not see what type of manager he is, what he is doing on a weekly basis.

They look at CL / La liga titles and the name ZZ which seems attractive.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Struggling through a very unique and hard season
Well, football is played 11vs11, real madrid demands instant&constant success, and not everyone is ready for it
The average age of the last team they fielded was 29,3 years old. Letting talents like Vini, Rodrygo, Odegaard, Valverde, Militao and Jovic (now finally sent on loan) rot on the bench or in the stands
Vinicius has gotten more minutes than Greenwood, nearly 50% of total available minutes for the season

Rodrygo got injured right as he was hitting form playing regularly and will be out 'til April

Odegaard got opportunities at the start of the season, but between injuries and covid was rarely available and couldn't impress. It's only in the last few weeks that he's not getting minutes

Valverde is a starter. He got injured and still hasn't gotten back 100%, plus Modric is playing his best football in 3 years

Militao is stuck behind Ramos and Varane. He's got opportunities last season and at the beginning of this one whenever one wasn't available, and was quite simply bad

Jovic never settled in, had constant issues in his private life and just never earned chances

while not winning and giving their minutes to players like Lukas
Literally the reigning Spanish Champions. Also Lucas is mostly covering at WB for Carvajal. Also he's just playing well

....Unbelievable! I don't think he realizes what a horrible job he is doing if he's trying to convince top young talents like Mbappe or Haaland that RM is the right place to go for top young talents...
As if Mbappé or Haaland wouldn't be guaranteed starters :lol:

troylocker

Struggling through a very unique and hard season

Well, football is played 11vs11, real madrid demands instant&constant success, and not everyone is ready for it

Vinicius has gotten more minutes than Greenwood, nearly 50% of total available minutes for the season

Rodrygo got injured right as he was hitting form playing regularly and will be out 'til April

Odegaard got opportunities at the start of the season, but between injuries and covid was rarely available and couldn't impress. It's only in the last few weeks that he's not getting minutes

Valverde is a starter. He got injured and still hasn't gotten back 100%, plus Modric is playing his best football in 3 years

Militao is stuck behind Ramos and Varane. He's got opportunities last season and at the beginning of this one whenever one wasn't available, and was quite simply bad

Jovic never settled in, had constant issues in his private life and just never earned chances

Literally the reigning Spanish Champions. Also Lucas is mostly covering at WB for Carvajal. Also he's just playing well

As if Mbappé or Haaland wouldn't be guaranteed starters :lol:
Lucas has started 19 (9 as a vingback) games this season. He is a soon to be 30, back-up player, that hasn't been carrying RM to anything but mediocrity this season, but still starts every match. 2 goals and 3 assists in 1656 minutes is ok but not great, he has always been a 5-7/10 player and still is. He is stealing a LOT of minutes from the youngsters that might need some time to mould in. It's mindblowing that he, Isco and Asensio has been getting minutes over the likes of Odegaard. Odegaard has got 367 minutes this season to mould in, which is nothing. When he has played, he has done ok, but has been playing very safe, like he's been avoiding taking risks with dribbles and vertical passes like we know he can. On instruction from Zidane or not I don't know, but he is clearly unhappy with his current situation at RM. Jovic got a grand total of 1014 minutes over 1,5 seasons and is sent away, I'm willing to argue that he should have gotten more chances to mould in. You payed 50M for him, he didn't hit the ground running and ended up rotting away for 18 months. What if Mbappe or Haaland doesn't hit the ground running? It's quite clear that Zidane likes to play it safe, doesn't like taking risks and has shown that he is not willing to give players time to mould in, which makes it a horrible place for anyone who might need 3 x 90 or more to adapt. Since he came back, how many new players has Zidane successfully integrated in his team? The answer is 0. If I was Mbappe or Haalands agent I would recommend them to stay far away from Zidane's RM.

Edit: Mendy is a reg starter now (if he is a good replacement for Marcelo I don't know).

Last edited:

troylocker

Zidana has actually shoehorned Lucas into a RB to cover for Carvajal, when he has Militao there who plays RB just fine. Militao was brilliant as both RB and CB for Porto and RM payed 50M for him. This season on the bench for the back-up who is not even a RB.....only at RM.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What if Mbappe or Haaland doesn't hit the ground running? It's quite clear that Zidane likes to play it safe, doesn't like taking risks and has shown that he is not willing to give players time to mould in, which makes it a horrible place for anyone who might need 3 x 90 or more to adapt. Since he came back, how many new players has Zidane successfully integrated in his team? The answer is 0. If I was Mbappe or Haalands agent I would recommend them to stay far away from Zidane's RM.

Edit: Mendy is a reg starter now (if he is a good replacement for Marcelo I don't know).
I agree Odegaard's recent blanketing is weird and hard to understand. Otherwise, Jovic quite simply didn't earn more chances. As far as Mbappé/Haaland are concerned, if we sign them they start, period. Even if they suck they would have at least a whole season of being guaranteed starters before losing their spot

Since he came back Zidane has introduced Valverde, who can be considered a starter, and Mendy. Vinicius and Rodrygo have played plenty considering their ages, the expectations of the club and the fact we spent waaay too much on Hazard. Granted, Hazard and Asensio's injuries made it possible and Zidane has yet to fully trust either, sure. Then again, this is real madrid. There's no time to wait on young players here...

But Mbappé and Haaland aren't young players. They're world class player who happen to be young
Zidana has actually shoehorned Lucas into a RB to cover for Carvajal, when he has Militao there who plays RB just fine. Militao was brilliant as both RB and CB for Porto and RM payed 50M for him. This season on the bench for the back-up who is not even a RB.....only at RM.
Can't say as to how he'd do as a WB, but we need great attacking production there, doubt Militao can provide that. At CB he's just been bad when called upon. And again, he's behind Sergio Ramos and Varane

The issue isn't Zidane not playing him, the issue was spending all that money on a backup

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Madrid struggling to put away Alcoyano despite putting out a pretty strong team tonight. Casemiro, Kroos, Valverde, Benzema all out there. 10 minutes from pens.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid struggling to put away Alcoyano despite putting out a pretty strong team tonight. Casemiro, Kroos, Valverde, Benzema all out there. 10 minutes from pens.
Only Casemito and Valverde started, but yes. Plan B ended with Zidane needing to bring on Benzema, Kroos, Hazard and Asensio...

Dispiriting

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The hell has gone on here....Alcoyano 2-1 up despite being down to 10 men. 5 minutes left! Don't think this time is even Segunda so could be biggest cup shock for a long while.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Didn't care anyways

Bernabeu Cup is the only thing that matters this season!

Fml :lol:

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Can't wait until Barca find a way to blow this Copa now the big two rival clubs are out. :wenger: