La Liga 2020/21

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Koeman has done a fantastic job getting the most out of frenkie de Jong. Playing like a top 5 mid lately

paulscholes18

Real Madrid 1-1 at HT but of down to 10 men, as things stand Atletico are 6 points clear with 2 games in hand

Gee Male

Zidane to be replaced before European football is back?

Give it Frank till end of season.

Gee Male

If Poch had waited he could have been in there.
I'm not sure it's that attractive a job right now. Tons of expectation, squad not good enough to match that, and probably limited funds.

Poch is probably OK where he is right now.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm not sure it's that attractive a job right now. Tons of expectation, squad not good enough to match that, and probably limited funds.

Poch is probably OK where he is right now.
If he does well there he could be next on their wish list if the next guy doesn't work out.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Zidane to be replaced before European football is back?

Give it Frank till end of season.
Shocking performance, red card was justified and Levante had the luxury of missing a penalty. Courtois made loads of saves or could have been a battering.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
An exclusive of El Mundo about Messi´s contract
" Messi, the contract that ruins Barça". "He signed in 2017 a contract that gives him up to 138 million per season. It has two bonuses. One for the renewal itself (115 million) and another for loyalty (almost 78 million).
He already got 92% of the total 555 million"

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
" Messi, the contract that ruins Barça". "He signed in 2017 a contract that gives him up to 138 million per season. It has two bonuses. One for the renewal itself (115 million) and another for loyalty (almost 78 million).
In fairness Bartomeu is responsible. Barcelona financial model relied on continuous huge revenue growth. Now they're in big trouble.
No one really learned anything from the prior crash in 2008/9.

Gee Male

Real Madrid embarrassed at home, Marca shouts "look over there".

cafecillos

This is the pathetic swansong of the board, blaming the best player in the history of the club for their gross incompetence and mismanagement. Embarrassing times to be a Barça supporter.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is the pathetic swansong of the board, blaming the best player in the history of the club for their gross incompetence and mismanagement. Embarrassing times to be a Barça supporter.
I think it's a very good move though. They are getting everything ready to sell Messi, which is needed at this point in time, so it's necessary to tell fans about the very powerful reasons first.

Raredaredevil

Atletico Madrid is a fecking beast of a machine this season. They keep grinding out wins after wins. I remember Cadiz has upset Real Madrid and Barcelona. I'm so happy for Diego Simeone. Finally he wins La Liga again. Surely the title is theirs to lose now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
50 points in 19 games

Congrats to the cnuts

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Brilliant Suarez with a brace today. 14 goals in La Liga. One of the greatest strikers to ever play the game

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still don’t feel comfortable for them :lol: Even though it would be a travesty if they don’t win it.

Suarez has 14 goals in 16 games is it now?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Deary me Alba wtf complaining about. Can see mentality at FCB is terrible recently.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mingueza is a weird player. Horrible defender, but damn is he good in attack. Maybe they should try him in midfield?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They have real attacking quality, unlike us. Messi, Dembele, Alba, even Griezmann, for all that he's not playing like a world class player is still levels better than anything we have bar Benzema. And they have pace because their midfielders have legs so they don't have to play at glacial pace to protect them...

But they're nothing much, either. Atletico have the league in the bag

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I hate Antoine Griezmann. He was a pain in the arse when he was at Sociedad.
Those were the days, Griezmann and Vela terrorizing Barcelona at home. Maybe that's why I like Griezmann as a player even if he plays for Barcelona.

Pocho

He deserve that and more, Goat.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
They have real attacking quality, unlike us. Messi, Dembele, Alba, even Griezmann, for all that he's not playing like a world class player is still levels better than anything we have bar Benzema. And they have pace because their midfielders have legs so they don't have to play at glacial pace to protect them...

But they're nothing much, either. Atletico have the league in the bag
yeah but when healthy you guys are much better defensively than we are. Still terrified of the PSG match because we always have brain dead moments in defense every match.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
yeah but when healthy you guys are much better defensively than we are. Still terrified of the PSG match because we always have brain dead moments in defense every match.
Nah, not this season. We've lost the ability to shut teams down, even when healthy. We're a mess. Just have to grind out enough wins to keep Villarreal and Real Sociedad at bay for top 4, that's it

Atletico need 45 points to win. More realistically 35-38 should be enough. That's top 4 pace. League is done

Also, watch what happens in europe now. Big chance all 4 go out in R16. EL too for that matter

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He deserve that and more, Goat.
I understand that at that time he got such a good contract. Like the one that Madrid had to do with Bale (on a smaller level), and I also think Neymar had just left. In fact, it was already known that he earned over 50 net, that is, about one hundred million.
He does not have to say the "I would play for free" like Ramos, but 193 million for the renewal and loyalty ... I think it is excessive. I wonder if Madrid had to pay that to Cristiano for being loyal, hehe

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I understand that at that time he got such a good contract. Like the one that Madrid had to do with Bale (on a smaller level), and I also think Neymar had just left. In fact, it was already known that he earned over 50 net, that is, about one hundred million.
He does not have to say the "I would play for free" like Ramos, but 193 million for the renewal and loyalty ... I think it is excessive. I wonder if Madrid had to pay that to Cristiano for being loyal, hehe
do you know how much other clubs offer him to sign for them?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
do you know how much other clubs offer him to sign for them?
Hola Marcos. I have no idea, but it seems difficult to exceed 50 million euros net, seeing the contract that Neymar obtained when he left or his big competitor, who I think was earning around 25 in Madrid, and giving 50% of the image rights to the club.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Hola Marcos. I have no idea, but it seems difficult to exceed 50 million euros net, seeing the contract that Neymar obtained when he left or his big competitor, who I think was winning around 25 in Madrid, and giving 50% of the image rights to the club.
Nobody gets paid anywhere close to that, and nobody else could have offered him that much either at the time, i don't think. Barcelona on the other hand *had* to. Can you imagine the reaction if he left in 2017 or 18?

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
Hola Marcos. I have no idea, but it seems difficult to exceed 50 million euros net, seeing the contract that Neymar obtained when he left or his big competitor, who I think was winning around 25 in Madrid, and giving 50% of the image rights to the club.
Then, Barcelona authorities are idiots that dont’t know how to negotiate a contract with a player

Not Messi’s fault

But i bet that they paid him that much money because there were teams willing to lay him a similar sum

And btw, if the contract is that bad for barcelona, why didn’t they let him go?

And afterwards, when they said “no” why didnt they sell him?

And why any if this is Messi’s fault?