La Liga 2020/21

wr8_utd

:'(
Griezmann completely disappears vs PSG and then celebrates like that vs Huesca :lol:
World class goal though. Absolutely glorious.

Anduin

What a goal by Griezmann! Barca’s run is formidable, likely 17 games without a loss in La
Liga after this game. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the league now, they are also out of Europe and through to the Copa final.

Bole Top

it'd be ridiculous if they actually end up winning both cup and league in the end.

wr8_utd

What a goal by Griezmann! Barca’s run is formidable, likely 17 games without a loss in La
Liga after this game. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them win the league now, they are also out of Europe and through to the Copa final.
11 wins from their last 12 games as well with the one draw being a 90th min penalty they conceded to Cadiz. They've really fixed their away form for the last 3 months. With Atleti bottling it on a weekly basis, Barca have a good chance for the title. Who would have imagined after how bad Barca were till around mid November :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
it'd be ridiculous if they actually end up winning both cup and league in the end.
it really would. Would’ve bet a thousand quid on that not happening two months ago.

just need a draw against Real and a win against Atletico to be in the drivers seat. Easier said than done.

wr8_utd

How on earth is that a penalty? Yet another strange decision against Barca with regards to penalties.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Why didn't he look at VAR? HOW. Why does this nonsense happen to Barca so often. Literally nothing happened there.

wr8_utd

City signing Messi and Alba too would be great for FPL. G+A pretty much every game.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Stop crying. Somebody here might get a feeling refs are helping Real Madrid

Real Madrid have been awarded the least spot-kicks in LaLiga Santander alongside Cadiz, Huesca, Elche and Osasuna, and there are only five teams in Europe's top five leagues with less: Bordeaux, Burnley, Genoa, Rennes and Arminia Bielefeld.

Real Madrid haven't been given a penalty since October 24 at the Camp Nou, with their only other previous one coming a month before against Real Betis.

That's 21 matches in a row without a penalty kick, a record for the club, which is remarkable for a side who attack so much and are always in their opponents' defensive third.

What's more, Real Madrid are closing in on the record number of games a team has gone without a penalty since the introduction of VAR; Rayo Vallecano went an astonishing 28 matches without the referee pointing to the spot.

The longest a team has ever had to wait for a penalty was Osasuna, who went 72 matches without receiving one before finally ending that run on August 27, 2016.

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Stop crying. Somebody here might get a feeling refs are helping Real Madrid

Real Madrid have been awarded the least spot-kicks in LaLiga Santander alongside Cadiz, Huesca, Elche and Osasuna, and there are only five teams in Europe's top five leagues with less: Bordeaux, Burnley, Genoa, Rennes and Arminia Bielefeld.

Real Madrid haven't been given a penalty since October 24 at the Camp Nou, with their only other previous one coming a month before against Real Betis.

That's 21 matches in a row without a penalty kick, a record for the club, which is remarkable for a side who attack so much and are always in their opponents' defensive third.

What's more, Real Madrid are closing in on the record number of games a team has gone without a penalty since the introduction of VAR; Rayo Vallecano went an astonishing 28 matches without the referee pointing to the spot.

The longest a team has ever had to wait for a penalty was Osasuna, who went 72 matches without receiving one before finally ending that run on August 27, 2016.
Well the refs are the reason you are the current champions, so perhaps you're just catching up on that karma. :wenger: ;)

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Well the refs are the reason you are the current champions, so perhaps you're just catching up on that karma. :wenger: ;)
The same can be said about some of your titles :cool:

Anyway, last ten la liga seasons:

Real Madrid

penalties for: 87
penalties against: 44

Barcelona

for: 88
against:30

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
11 wins from their last 12 games as well with the one draw being a 90th min penalty they conceded to Cadiz. They've really fixed their away form for the last 3 months. With Atleti bottling it on a weekly basis, Barca have a good chance for the title. Who would have imagined after how bad Barca were till around mid November :lol:
It's funny actually. I was looking at the league table, expecting it to reflect better that Barca had a bad start - but it doesn't really show at all. They have scored by far the most goals (61; Atletico are second with 50), are close to the best for goals against (23; Real Sociedad and Real Madrid have 22, Sevilla 20, and Atletico 18), and have just two more losses than Atletico (4 vs. 2). Guess that poor run at the start was poor for Barca's standards, and not actually that bad.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Well guys, let's dream a bit.
Soon this thing called "season" will end and we can start with what is really important, the summer market :D
Forget about prices and how they'd fit in the squad.
what would be your preferences?(only attack)
Mine, now in March:
Mbappé + Haaland
Haaland + Cris
Mbappé + Cris
Cristiano
Mabappe + Haaland is what everyone would like but it would do for me if only one of them arrives the next summer. Think it should be Haaland as we really need some of his directness and I don't think Cristiano is going to ever return but a combination of him and any of Haaland, Mbappe would be a night and day difference with our current attack.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Mabappe + Haaland is what everyone would like but it would do for me if only one of them arrives the next summer. Think it should be Haaland as we really need some of his directness and I don't think Cristiano is going to ever return but a combination of him and any of Haaland, Mbappe would be a night and day difference with our current attack.
Yes, We need artillery. I miss that.
I also like Haaland, maybe because these devastating strikers haven't been appearing lately, or maybe so much waiting for Mbappé has made me forget about him a bit.
Apparently Florentino has been granted another loan. We'll see if he uses it this summer. We would need a good midfielder, assuming that Zidane continues and does not want Odegaard

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland giving some likes to Vinicius Jr and Sergio Ramos pictures.

Does he do this sort of things normally?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Haaland giving some likes to Vinicius Jr and Sergio Ramos pictures.

Does he do this sort of things normally?
He did with Ramos some days ago but not with Vini until now :drool: and Pedrerol "he has a crazy desire to play for Madrid"

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He did with Ramos some days ago but not with Vini until now :drool: and Pedrerol "he has a crazy desire to play for Madrid"
I thought Norwegians had crazy desires to play for Manchester United or Liverpool. But maybe something is changing of late...

Maybe...

:drool::drool::drool:

Last edited:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Roures, co-founder and partner of Mediapro, in charge of broadcasting la luga, has joined Eduard Romeu to complete the endorsement that Laporta needed to become president.
I think they are also in charge of the VAR images.
Mediapro is in negotiations with the government to receive 300 million from a fund to help strategic companies

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yes, We need artillery. I miss that.
I also like Haaland, maybe because these devastating strikers haven't been appearing lately, or maybe so much waiting for Mbappé has made me forget about him a bit.
Apparently Florentino has been granted another loan. We'll see if he uses it this summer. We would need a good midfielder, assuming that Zidane continues and does not want Odegaard
I prefer Haaland because of his style and see him more like a pure striker. Mbappe would be more like the player we should had gotten to replace Ronaldo all along. In fact let's just give them money + Hazard to seal the deal. :lol:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
In 6 CL games this season Suarez has 0 goals and 0 assists. This is the player Barca sold.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
No goal away in the CL in 25 consecutive games. That's an even worse statisticn
And for the record, I loved Suarez, second favourite player of all time but having him and Messi not track back for us was suicide. People rag on Dembele for messing up against psg (and it’s a fair criticism) but Suarez wouldn’t even be able to get those chances as he’s aging now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd still rather have Mbappé honestly. But i won't complain

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So the finish to the Valladolid-Sevilla match was wild:

This match reminded me of Saidy Janko, too, who played the full match against Sevilla. Valladolid looked like they basically sealed the 3 points. Sevilla struggled to create chances against a Valladolid team that was sitting back, and Valladolid were decent going forward until they scored and decided to bunker up in front of their goal.

By the way, notice how the Valladolid players completely let go of the ball on the byline expecting it to roll out for a goal kick.

Ladron de redcafe

Make it happen Florentino. :drool:

We're getting both! Maybe not in the same window but that should be the priority of the club. :smirk:
If that happens, I can imagine you dominating La Liga for a while given the state of Barcelona's finances and squad. I think that with Kroos and Modric getting up there in age, there might be a need to go for a midfielder as well.

wr8_utd

Brilliant penalty save from Oblak right at the end. Atleti looking as crap as always. I think they'll be down to 2nd or 3rd after their next 4 games. Sevilla, Betis and Bilbao away is brutal.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Brilliant penalty save from Oblak right at the end. Atleti looking as crap as always. I think they'll be down to 2nd or 3rd after their next 4 games. Sevilla, Betis and Bilbao away is brutal.
Aye, stupid as feck from the defender though, why even throw an elbow in that position?