La Liga 2020/21

wr8_utd

:'(
1-0 Griezzman. Yet again from the brilliant Messi Alba combination. Great ball in from Alba and ends up being a tap in for Griezzman.

Barca could be heading for a very rare win at this ground. Don't expect them to hang on though.

wr8_utd

If Barca can hang on today, win next week and then in Classico (very unlikely), they should be favorites for Liga. Atleti would have probably dropped points in 2-3 more games as well.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
If Barca can hang on today, win next week and then in Classico (very unlikely), they should be favorites for Liga. Atleti would have probably dropped points in 2-3 more games as well.
even with just a draw in clasico I like our chances but that match against Atletico will be the biggest of the season.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
They've played well apparently so should hold on, fingers crossed. They're on my acca.

wr8_utd

They've played well apparently so should hold on, fingers crossed. They're on my acca.
It's just how much they struggle at Anoeta that always make me a bit negative about a result here.
even with just a draw in clasico I like our chances but that match against Atletico will be the biggest of the season.
Honestly, the way how Atleti are playing, Barca should be winning that. Expecting a loss in Classico though.

wr8_utd

Barca still have Valencia and Villareal away left apart from Classico and Atleti at home. Madrid, on the other hand, only have Classico and Bilbao away from the really difficult games on paper.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
R.S. defence making very easy for Barca there.

Edit: 1-5, now that was nice!

wr8_utd

Koeman changing it to a 3-5-2 has been a brilliant move tbf to him. It's really bringing out the best in Alba and De Jong has been brilliant in his new role.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Barca are what, 14 wins and 3 draws in the last 17 league games? That is some run. For someone who occasionally glances over at that league to watch the occasional game, I thought they were having a terrible season, but they've actually been one of the most in form teams im Europe for months.

DaGOAT

Barca are what, 14 wins and 3 draws in the last 17 league games? That is some run. For someone who occasionally glances over at that league to watch the occasional game, I thought they were having a terrible season, but they've actually been one of the most in form teams im Europe for months.
Barca have won 15 (with three drages) of last 18 league matches.

One of the most in form teams in Europe.

wr8_utd

They were genuinely terrible for much of the first half of the season. Messi wasn't quite at his best, Griezmann was terrible, the defense was awful and Dembele wasn't fit either. Since around December things have really improved. They began to fix their away form and got a bit more solid and the shift to 3-5-2 has really helped as it takes away from Alba and Dest's defensively limitations and lets them do their thing up front. Messi, Alba, De Jong have been spectacular.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That fecking draw at home to Cadiz when they were 1 up for an hour cost me about 200 quid in my acca for that weekend so sticks in my throat a bit they're now blasting teams away. :lol:

Koeman has proved me wrong big time even if they don't win the league. Fully deserves another season now.

Paul_Scholes18

I am not following La liga much this year, but Barca have really improved. What is behind it? Koeman getting it right. Cause I thought he would be great for them from the start in the league and win it.

Still not looking likely, but they can do it.

wr8_utd

I am not following La liga much this year, but Barca have really improved. What is behind it? Koeman getting it right. Cause I thought he would be great for them from the start in the league and win it.

Still not looking likely, but they can do it.
Think it's a combination of the change of formation by Koeman, the kids doing well and Messi returning to his best in 2021. FDJ, Messi, Alba, Pedri have been phenomenal. Busquets is looking much better in the 3-5-2 and Griezmann and Dembele are doing well enough as well.

Paul_Scholes18

Think it's a combination of the change of formation by Koeman, the kids doing well and Messi returning to his best in 2021. FDJ, Messi, Alba, Pedri have been phenomenal. Busquets is looking much better in the 3-5-2 and Griezmann and Dembele are doing well enough as well.
Yeah Messi had a strange start to the season. I gusss he is still not performing at best in the world level.

Anduin

Yeah Messi had a strange start to the season. I gusss he is still not performing at best in the world level.
I'd like to see the player who is superior to Messi in 2021, that would take some doing! I bet Barcelona would gladly pay him another 100 million a year if he signs an extension based on his performances.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Oh no. He very much is.

19 in 19 with 8 assists in 2021.
So he's back to something resembling his best and he's available to City on a free transfer? Yikes.

I questioned the wisdom of keeping him against his will when it looked like the team was in disarray when they could have received something like 100m for him whilst getting his contract off the wage bill but if they can squeeze one last league title out of him, then it'd still be a questionable financial decision but a very good sporting one.

Last edited:

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Barcelona needs to give another season to Koeman, I think he's done very well so far considering the circumstances.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona needs to give another season to Koeman, I think he's done very well so far considering the circumstances.
What circumstances?

He has by some distance the best attacking players in the league. If anything he has done what is expected from whatever coach that counts on the squad he has at his disposal.