La Liga 2020/21

wr8_utd

:'(
Another top class performance from Messi. The Madrid match is probably his only poor game since December.
Barca need to get a 4th and just take off Busquets, Messi and FDJ ahead of Villareal at the weekend.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Another top class performance from Messi. The Madrid match is probably his only poor game since December.
Barca need to get a 4th and just take off Busquets, Messi and FDJ ahead of Villareal at the weekend.
I hope Atletico drops some pts before May 8 when they play Barca so it will end up being very spicy. The theatrics would be off the charts.

Pocho

Look at me watching Barca v Getafe because of one guy. It will be incredibly sad when Messi retires in the (hopefully distant) future.
The only player that has ever made me watch a game between clubs i don’t care for.
This. Maybe I care now for Barça.

wr8_utd

I hope Atletico drops some pts before May 8 when they play Barca so it will end up being very spicy. The theatrics would be off the charts.
Barca have Villareal and Valencia away before that so I can see Barca dropping points too before the Atleti game. Can only really see Madrid win the league.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Look at me watching Barca v Getafe because of one guy. It will be incredibly sad when Messi retires in the (hopefully distant) future.
The only player that has ever made me watch a game between clubs i don’t care for.
legend

wr8_utd

If the current defense isn't bad enough, Umtiti is joining in. Wonder if he'll concede a penalty or own goal too :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Getafe have had the ball 16% of the time, and yet they''ve managed to get themselves 2 goals, what?

wr8_utd

Getafe have had the ball 16% of the time, and yet they''ve managed to get themselves 2 goals, what?
Barca's defense doing what it does best. Getafe not been in the game at all but a penalty and own goal by the Barca defense has made this a tight game now.

wr8_utd

This is primed for a late Getafe equalizer. Barca have completely lost all momentum. They can't even keep the ball anymore.

wr8_utd

Araujo makes amends for the penalty. Good header to make it 4-2 from a corner.

Ladron de redcafe

And another case of Messi giving up a penalty to a teammate to boost their confidence rather than rack up his goal stats.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Odd to know Barca really hasn't incurred that many goals in the league yet every time you see em play you feel like their defense is only saved by their offense.
This is spot on. But we suffer too because we rarely grind out 1-0 wins unlike our rivals.

wr8_utd

Odd to know Barca really hasn't incurred that many goals in the league yet every time you see em play you feel like their defense is only saved by their offense.
A lot of teams really do bottle attacks vs Barca though and ofcourse there's Stegen who is an absolute madman in goal.

mshnsh

Same boat since 2007 when I decided to watch Barca play vs Valencia in December that year. Messi played only half an hour and had to be subbed due to injury but during the time he was on the pitch, he was magical. Messi had 2 assists and the game finished 2-0. There was a massive drop in the quality of play after he left.

People who did not watch Messi in his prime have really missed something; a different level of football.

Reactions: Cheimoon

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Pique is class but they CBs have never been great since Puyol retired. It has been many years now and they still have not fixed their defense.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

This picture with Zidane wearing a lilac tracksuit while reading "The book of thoughts" can only anticipate two possible outcomes for Madrid. Complete success or total defeat. No middle ground here.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That is going to be the lasting image of the 14th :drool:

MalcolmTucker

This picture with Zidane wearing a lilac tracksuit while reading "The book of thoughts" can only anticipate two possible outcomes for Madrid. Complete success or total defeat. No middle ground here.
Zidane always seem so dignified, so inscrutable - that has all been undone

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Well done Betis. But Barca have a tough match themselves tomorrow.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Betis is a really tricky game currently for anyone, do they have Barca in the run in?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Today's game is the reason why Chelsea is a very bad match for Madrid. A compact team that concedes very few chances and is comfortable off the ball will always make things harder for them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We played them twice already and won both matches by a combined aggregate of 8-4.
Ah fair enough. :lol: Can remember Betis coming to Camp Nou the other year and completely outplaying Barca and winning 4-2. Usual stuff under Pellegrini, awful start to the season but now look a good europa standard team.

Away game was late 3-2 win, home one was 2-1 when they had someone sent off.

Just looking at Barca's fixtures, Levante and Valencia are opposition you seem to drop points to every season. Not the worst run in though, Granada have little to play for with end of europa run and Celta and Eibar are easy last two games.

Think Atleitco Madrid will win all their games bar Barca so it's going to be very tight finish.

izec

Atletico and Barca have a similar difficulty of remaining games. Real are out of it if the two win tomorrow, looking at their remaining games and the two Chelsea games, i don't see them up there.

wr8_utd

Madrid have done very well to be where they are. They're just a bang average team in attack with a brilliant Benzema.

Don't see Barca or Atleti winning this weekend though so don't think this result is damaging.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well, we looked dead on our feet yesterday. Doesn't bode well for chelsea

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Ah fair enough. :lol: Can remember Betis coming to Camp Nou the other year and completely outplaying Barca and winning 4-2. Usual stuff under Pellegrini, awful start to the season but now look a good europa standard team.

Away game was late 3-2 win, home one was 2-1 when they had someone sent off.

Just looking at Barca's fixtures, Levante and Valencia are opposition you seem to drop points to every season. Not the worst run in though, Granada have little to play for with end of europa run and Celta and Eibar are easy last two games.

Think Atleitco Madrid will win all their games bar Barca so it's going to be very tight finish.
Oh yeah betis are definitely good, wasn’t suggesting otherwise :)

They play a lovely brand of football. We will have our hands full with Villarreal.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona have so far scored 75 goals, Atletico 59, Real Madrid 56.