La Liga 2020/21

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
They could have used the season to build a future without Messi and now they have a not fully motivated Messi in the team.

RoyH1

Ramos is a beast. Yes, he's a shithouse master, always good for at least one big brainfart per game, but he's an immense player for Madrid.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Penalty completely changed the game. Vinicius is a 2nd division level player

Last edited:
It's quite facinating really. Griezmann, Demebele, Countinho and de Jong, that's about €400M in transfer right there and they all look like shite or aren't even starters. I don't think I have ever seen this many, very highly rated players all flop so spectacularly at just a single club.
Very true, they need to stop hiring average managers. They have good players to work with.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
It's quite facinating really. Griezmann, Demebele, Countinho and de Jong, that's about €400M in transfer right there and they all look like shite or aren't even starters. I don't think I have ever seen this many, very highly rated players all flop so spectacularly at just a single club.
Coutinho has been our 2nd best player this season.

Fati>>Coutinho>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everyone>>>>>>>>> (and some thousand arrows later)>Busquets.

What really hurts is thinking that Fati, Coutingo, Dembele and Griezmann could be a good and balanced front line, but one of them will eternally be left out for Messi, even when it's evident he's far from being at 100%

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I never rated the La Liga but this looks worse than I ever remembered.

If this is the quality of these two imagine the quality of the rest in a league that competes with 3 teams.
Actually there's more depth than usual. Granada had fantastic away win to PSV in europe in midweek and Real Sociedad and Villareal also won. Sevilla should qualify for last 16 of CL and we know how good they are in europa.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This might be the lowest quality Clasico I’ve ever seen, if Atletico can’t get into a title race this year Simeone should leave
People have been saying this for 3 years now. It's not any worse than last season, or even the one before. Barcelona were only good in 18/19 because Messi, Suarez, Pique and Ter Stegen were still monsters, while we were much worse than this. Last season both games were of lower quality than this

Lenglet's brainfart decided the game. Honestly, this is one instance where i don't like the use of VAR. On the other hand, clear foul though...i'll take it :D

United Junkie

His defensive brainfarts don't happen that often tbh
Yes. People should watch each one of his CL finals performances. Just flawless, beautiful and near perfect defensive performances. And thats without mentioning the goals he scored in those matches. Cant even recall his actual brainfarts costing Madrid dearly. He's up there with Maldini, Nesta and Co for me.

Reactions: jojojo

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Yes. People should watch each one of his CL finals performances. Just flawless, beautiful and near perfect defensive performances. And thats without mentioning the goals he scored in those matches. Cant even recall his actual brainfarts costing Madrid dearly. He's up there with Maldini, Nesta and Co for me.
And that's without mentioning his impact on Varane. His main issue is getting red card

wr8_utd

:'(
The first half was even and Barca looked the much better side in the second half till Madrid got their typical dodgy penalty. It was one way traffic after this. Koeman loves to bring on all this attackers and lose shape of the team when he's losing and I don't think this will change. Can't see him lasting till December.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
That final 1-3 is nowhere near the actual playing on the field. That final 1-3 was the consequence of Barca desperately looking for the 2-2 after YET another dubious VAR pen. VARdrid off the hook again, and the French Pep can breathe until mid-Nov at least. That said Barca wasted too many clear chances in the early minutes of the 2nd half.

Anyway, Messi is past-it. Ansu is the future. Same situation in 2008 with Ronaldinho...and Messi. Changing of the guard.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
That final 1-3 is nowhere near the actual playing on the field. That final 1-3 was the consequence of Barca desperately looking for the 2-2 after YET another dubious VAR pen. VARdrid off the hook again, and the French Pep can breathe until mid-Nov at least. That said Barca wasted too many clear chances in the early minutes of the 2nd half.

Anyway, Messi is past-it. Ansu is the future. Same situation in 2008 with Ronaldinho...and Messi. Changing of the guard.
If I was a Barcelona fan I would start doubting whether Florentino is paying Lenglet. The guy made two penalties today, got lucky only one was called.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think De Jong has to play alone( or at least not with a profile so similar next to him).
Neither bad situated like last year nor doing the same as Busquets.
I think that when he is in full control he will show that he is a crack or he will sink.
On Barça, the defense is very bad, but Pedri, Trincao or Sergiño have started on the right foot.
I think Pjanic will be a good signing and Ansu of course

Last edited:

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
It’s absolutely incredible how anti Madrid or should I say pro Barça Dutch media are. Always the same and it still baffles me. Has nothing to do with journalism whatsoever.

United Junkie

It’s absolutely incredible how anti Madrid or should I say pro Barça Dutch media are. Always the same and it still baffles me. Has nothing to do with journalism whatsoever.
Thanks too Sierd de Vos. That man is just a clown and an annoyingly Barca lover pretending to be an athletico fan. This guy ruines Ziggo football for me everytime he comments on La Liga matches. He used to be funny many years ago, now he's just a prick! He needs to feck off with his stupid story telling about pot and pans.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The happiest guy today was Varane, daddy`s back to make things okay again.

CaptainMorgan

Supports
Schalke 04
I'm happy with the win. Against the greatest rival victory is always the sweetest one. Hopefully Real can take this form to the next match against Mönchengladbach in den CL next week.