La Liga 2020/21

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid
@giorno

What you think about Betis this season? Given our Brighton debate earlier Betis remind me of them a bit.

Bartra, Emerson, William Carvalho and Nabil Fakir yet losing again due to lack of decent striker and Robles is pretty average in goal.

Just 2 wins from their last 9 and 3 points off relegation zone so possibly Pellegrini snoozing on the job again like last year at West Ham.

Granada by contrast are a very well coached team from back to front.
Pellegrini created such beautiful sides before, but his approach might be too composed in the high press era.
I'm surprised Robles is a started, I thought he was the second choice gk for them. I remember when he was second choice behind De Gea in Atleti's youth teams for several generations. When he got some shots in the first team you could kinda see he'd be dependable-ish, but never a goalkeeper to win a side actual points. He still ended up with quite a career for the prospect he was, though.

I'm hoping there's still place for Pellegrini-ball, and I think there are enough worse sides in LaLiga this season to afford him more time, but I don't know about the chances of it succeeding at the moment.

Reactions: Invictus

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Looks like yet another case of in three months time Zidane being a game from the sack will seem like a bit of a mirage.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are a bit in form :D

Love playing eibar honestly, they're made in a lab to make us look good

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What a fecking strike :eek:

Right then, need to close this out right quick

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A few weeks ago writing that he should quit and fed up with rotations and here we are. Close to the leadership, without losing several weeks, without changing the team and playing better.
A new demonstration of how little I know about this man.
I imagine him with his photo laughing and drinking coffee while reading my trash.
To be fair, few coaches have been able to get the team to respond to them over and over again in a crisis situation.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
A few weeks ago writing that he should quit and fed up with rotations and here we are. Close to the leadership, without losing several weeks, without changing the team and playing better.
I imagine him with his photo laughing and drinking coffee while reading my trash.
To be fair, few coaches have been able to get the team to respond to them over and over again in a crisis situation.
Fair play. Zidane at Real Madrid just has this unique magic that in similar situations Solari and Lopetegui didn't.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well. We've managed to turn what should have been a comfortable big win into tight, nervy and hard fought one. But we got it done in the end

On to the next one!

PS very entertaining game for the neutrals

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Incredible tackle at the end to prevent the equalizer, not bad by the most "overrated defender in history".

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah imagine the game finishing 2:2 cause of his mistake?
Ramos had a very good game, deal with it.
You cant escape the fact that the topic im refering to is laughable, btw.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Still more letters in Unai Arietaleanizbeaskoa's last name than his club Eibar have points in La Liga after 14 games.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Never bet against our Pep Guardiola is my idol :lol:

Seriously no idea how he keeps doing it. This type of response really would be impossible under the likes of Lope/Solari. Zidane working some dark magic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Still more letters in Unai Arietaleanizbeaskoa's last name than his club Eibar have points in La Liga after 14 games.
I saw that name listed as a sub. Must be the longest Basque surname of any player? That must be a mad language to try to learn.

Johnny Love

Modric is so good.
He's something else. He's been playing at such a high level for so long now, aging like a fine wine. There's never a moment when he's not a step ahead of everybody on the pitch, such high football intelligence from him. He's really cemented his status the last few years imo, proving he can still play at such a high level well into his 30's. Even though he never really relied much on athleticism I expected more of a dip at this stage but his level hasn't dropped all that much. His football instincts on the other hand are still so sharp. Very impressive.

Gasolin

This year Athletico Madrid are killing it! Top of the table with 2, 3 games in hand almost.
Real Sociedad already back in the pack after their early lead in the league? Disappointing, really.

And it looks like Real Madrid are back in business so far. Even though Athletico could be 6 pts ahead if they will all their games.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Never bet against our Pep Guardiola is my idol :lol:

Seriously no idea how he keeps doing it. This type of response really would be impossible under the likes of Lope/Solari. Zidane working some dark magic.
Zidane is the best man-manager we've ever had, which is the most important quality for a manager at a club like ours.

Also this is the second season in a row and both times i think it is also just a matter of fitness. Our fitness levels weren't great at the start of the season, so we had some struggles. They are great now, so we play well and get results

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If you thought it was tight at the bottom of the Premier League then you should look at the La Liga table. 6 point's separate 20th place Osasuna to 10th place Athletic Bilbao... Mental.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I haven't watched Atl Madrid for ages, now I'm watching them, dear me they are so boring.

Inter Yer Nan

Does Saul Niguez not start for Atelti anymore?
He’s not on very good form right now so he’s came off the bench lately. I don’t think that will last and I think it’s just a matter of time before he’s regularly starting again. He had an injury earlier in the season and has struggled for form since. Certain games where they expect the other side to have the ball it make sense for Lemar to play because they have so much pace on the break.

It’s a difficult side to break into because Koke has found his absolute best role and is playing the role perfectly from central midfield, Llorente is an absolute beast no matter where he starts and totally irreplaceable and Carrasco has been on fine form.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looking like a good win for Atletico against 3rd place Sociedad. Only Real Madrid to challenge them as the other title contender considering that Sociedad has played more games them both.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
La Real missing Oryazabal badly.

Simply can't see anything but Atleti title win this year.

Inter Yer Nan

Atletico won’t drop many points so Real have to be almost perfect from here on out. They’ve been excellent lately so I think it will be a bit of a battle but Atletico are definitely massive favorites.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Atletico won’t drop many points so Real have to be almost perfect from here on out. They’ve been excellent lately so I think it will be a bit of a battle but Atletico are definitely massive favorites.
Only conceded 5 goals as well, two of which came against Real.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
atleti have this in the bag. Barcelona too far and screwy and we're too old and lack depth

Their defence is back to being impenetrable and that will win them the title

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Mingueza looked like a segunda B player every time i've seen him

Araujo looks good enough though