La Liga 2020/21

Johnny Love

atleti have this in the bag. Barcelona too far and screwy and we're too old and lack depth

Their defence is back to being impenetrable and that will win them the title
I wouldn't count out Atleti's ability to disappoint and underperform when pressure is on though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pjanic looks awful in this Barca team. Rare start for him this season aswell. Is his conditioning way off or something. Constantly losing the ball against Eibar. Poor penalty from Braithwaite aswell, Griezmann dosen't even want to take them anymore.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barca only draw with Eibar at home and no one cares...... :nono:

This is whatthe post Messi era folks.

Barca fixture list is proper weird aswell. Just had a run of four straight home games and indeed 9 of their 15 games have been at Camp Nou. 5 of next 6 will be away with tough trips to Bilbao and Granada.

Inter Yer Nan

Atletico have conceded only 5 goals in the league and their defenders won't get any recognition because "their system helps them"
Yeah, it's odd. Savic has been excellent for a while now, as is Gimenez. Hermoso is class and whenever Felipe is asked to fill in, he seldom puts a foot wrong. I am surprised they are just as strong even without Godin's leadership, so they are obviously talented defenders and well coached.

littleman

I actually like that Griezmann is finding life hard at Barcelona

Little twat with his "decision" conference/video.. he and Pogba are peas in a pod

Pagh Wraith

Atletico have conceded only 5 goals in the league and their defenders won't get any recognition because "their system helps them"
They hardly concede much in terms of chances as it is but even so Oblak has saved more goals than any keeper in the league by a distance. Crazy.

United Junkie

I actually like that Griezmann is finding life hard at Barcelona

Little twat with his "decision" conference/video.. he and Pogba are peas in a pod
But the guy has morals. He told Huawei to go f themselves because of the Ughuyr massacre. Pogba wouldn't do that though.

Johnny Love

Barca only draw with Eibar at home and no one cares...... :nono:

This is whatthe post Messi era folks.

Barca fixture list is proper weird aswell. Just had a run of four straight home games and indeed 9 of their 15 games have been at Camp Nou. 5 of next 6 will be away with tough trips to Bilbao and Granada.
I fully expect Barca to go back to what they always were before Messi. Club with class players, play nice football but could never win anything against other top clubs in europe. Most of the time underachieved against top competition.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, it does. Savic is the guy from city and fiorentina. Good defender but not really anything special

Felipe, we've had Porto fans even on here being surprised at how good he's been for them as he never was anything remarkable with them

Now, Gimenez has been widely regarded as one of the best defenders in the world for years and as for Hermoso, i'm still pissed we spunked 50m on militao instead of picking up the buy back option :mad:

Also Trippier is their starting RB

And with all that said Oblak has still saved waaay more goals than any other gk in europe's top 5 leagues

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Starting Marcelo, against the worst team in the league

If we don't win this then that's the end for him :(

Also, Odegaard should be fit! I want to see him!

Edit; and marcelo hits the bar :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Asensio looking like the player we fell in love with back in 2017. Tried to bring down the fecking goal :lol:

Lukita on the rebound, 1-0

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah, it's odd. Savic has been excellent for a while now, as is Gimenez. Hermoso is class and whenever Felipe is asked to fill in, he seldom puts a foot wrong. I am surprised they are just as strong even without Godin's leadership, so they are obviously talented defenders and well coached.
Hermoso took a while to break in but he really impressed me at Espanyol when they made europa. His style fits well into what Simeone likes from a CB so no surprise he's doing well this season.

Atletico signing Suarez convinced me they were going to win the league, not just the goals but his mentality is probably the extra 5% they've lacked in last few years.

Real Madrid will push them but think they'll start dropping points again when CL starts.

In other news Valencia very nearly in the bottom 3 as a few of us predicted in August. Time for Vorro rescue act yet?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Marcelo curse may continue....Castro makes it 1-1 from penalty.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Bartomeu actually knew what he was doing, he gave Atl Madrid Suarez to prevent their biggest rival Real Madrid to win the league. :)

InterFan1998

Supports
Internazionale
Getafe haven't scored vs. Atletico Madrid for 9 years since Simeone took over.

9 years
16 games
Goal difference: 31-0

Foxbatt

Why did the FA suspend Trippier only for the club matches and not for England? Now FIFA has put on hold the suspension on appeal.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Villarreal looking decent, hopefully they can finish in the top 4 this season.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Saul has been dropped for so many matches this season while Lemar seems to be climbing up and taking Saul’s spot now.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Good to see that the standard Luis Suarez last minute winner away from home against a midtable La Liga team that happens every single season can also happen at Atletico.

Where are all the Luis Suarez critics that argued he wasn't even good enough to play in one of the top leagues anymore?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Lost interest in that and thought it would be standard Atletico 1-0 win, what the hell happened last 15 minutes? :lol:

Atletico signing Suarez has won them the league this season, exactly what they've been missing in final third last few years.

RashyForPM

Good to see that the standard Luis Suarez last minute winner away from home against a midtable La Liga team that happens every single season can also happen at Atletico
:lol:

Seriously though, Simeone, partly by buying a real winner in Suarez, has instilled a proper never give up attitude into this Atletico team, akin to his 2013-2016 team. It’s nice to see.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Been going that way for a few months but strange to do it right after a win, had to actually check the score to see if Elche had actually scored late on.
They could have score late if Oscar de Marcos hadn't got back and cleared, he had a great game. I have been reading comments on Facebook for weeks and the fans hated how the team have been playing. The teams he picked. However to do it after a win is odd, you would think they have already been sounding people out about taking over. They don't like the new president they voted in either. :lol: What is even worse, they let him do interviews after the game and talk about the upcoming Super Cup. That is vicious.

Last edited:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico will take the league, they usually dont concede goals, but even when they do, they now find late winners also.
Clear signs of a champion.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They could have score late if Oscar de Marcos hadn't got back and cleared, he had a great game. I have been reading comments on Facebook for weeks and the fans hated how the team have been playing. The teams he picked. However to do it after a win is odd, you would think they have already been sounding people out about taking over. They don't like the new president they voted in either. :lol:

Any idea what the latest plan is with the cup final? I respect them holding out so long to try to get some fans back but that ain't likely this season.

Way it's going Raul Garcia will be Bilbao manager when it is finally played.:lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good to see that the standard Luis Suarez last minute winner away from home against a midtable La Liga team that happens every single season can also happen at Atletico.

Where are all the Luis Suarez critics that argued he wasn't even good enough to play in one of the top leagues anymore?
That wasn't me but my line of thought was he could've maybe been used as a sub more going forward rather than started every single game as seemed to be the case last few years even though his overall game was declining particularly for the CL.

Barca now have the delights of Braithwaite upfront for rest of this season so it certainly wasn't a clever move in the short term.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Any idea what the latest plan is with the cup final? I respect them holding out so long to try to get some fans back but that ain't likely this season.

Way it's going Raul Garcia will be Bilbao manager when it is finally played.:lol:
It is rumoured about Marcelino. Some are not happy about that either. Some want Valverde back. They sound like Manchester United fans from a few weeks back. :lol: I edited my post above that they allowed him to talk to the press afterwards about the game and the upcoming Super Cup. That seems cruel.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid

The fart sniffers would have a meltdown if they won playing like Atletico

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Suárez doing what he does best. Scoring in Liga games.

He's done as an elite UCL CF (since 2017-18, actually), but his goals against lesser LaLiga sides will make Atlético win this 20-21 Liga.