La Liga 2020/21

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Valencia losing again against Cadiz 1-0 not good from them.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The match finished 1-1 and Valencia are out of the relegation zone and into 17th place... They have played a couple more games then the teams in 18th and 19th place thought so a real battle for them.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The match finished 1-1 and Valencia are out of the relegation zone and into 17th place... They have played a couple more games then the teams in 18th and 19th place thought so a real battle for them.
Dosen't head to head count as determiner, they lost to Elche 2-1 in October. Also played two more games than them, they are in massive trouble.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Dosen't head to head count as determiner, they lost to Elche 2-1 in October. Also played two more games than them, they are in massive trouble.
I'm not too sure about the head to head factor... I agree it's going to be a real dog fight for them now in the 2nd half of the season.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Tallis

Historically, not a Barca fan but their “project” with their youth players coming through is for me probably the most interesting thing in La Liga at the moment. Pedri looks like he is going to be another boss player from Barca.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Good to see Messi being Messi again. Lovely pass from Griezmann:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Saw the result earlier, they played a pretty strong team interestingly, 0 shots on target according to the stats I've just seen. :eek:

Copa Del Rey has never been a massive priority for Simeone really since they won it in his first full season, had loads of early exits over last few seasons.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Barca highlights were great, Messi looked like the player fo 5 years ago.

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Barca highlights were great, Messi looked like the player fo 5 years ago.
Very odd, his finishing was more or less atrocious from the beginning of the season and this game it seemed like he flicked a switch and it returned to his usual level.

Barcelona as a whole certainly isn't as bad as it seems from the league table, they are probably more interesting to watch now compared to a large swath of Valverde's tenure, but the sheer amount of critical blunders by their CBs and mostly Messi and Griezmann's subpar finishing has sure cost them a lot of points.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Villareal smoking hot so far, 4 up in Vigo after half an hour. Celta been in pretty good form recently aswell.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Snowstorm hitting Spain, real madrid team blocked on the plane for hours and now the runways are closed, likely won't be able to travel to Pamplona for tomorrow's game

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Snowstorm hitting Spain, real madrid team blocked on the plane for hours and now the runways are closed, likely won't be able to travel to Pamplona for tomorrow's game
Athletic Club play Atletico tomorrow will they have the same problem coming the other way?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Athletic Club play Atletico tomorrow will they have the same problem coming the other way?
Seems so. They were on the plane when the runways were closed and the plane had to turn back to bilbao

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Wow! Think I am more shocked that there is snow in Spain to be honest.
Does seem very strange. We're in crazy times at the moment.

Fixtures will get even more compacted, not the winter break they were looking for.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Atletico-Athletic officially postponed

Madrid finally managed to fly and landed on Pamplona yesterday night, everybody's pissed as all hells :lol: waited 4 hours on the plane...

Club is trying to force the league to anticipate the game to early afternoon, they want to avoid the snowstorm that should hit Pamplona later this evening - with the risk of the game being postponed as well - and want to not have to stay there until Monday....

Inter Yer Nan

Atletico-Athletic officially postponed

Madrid finally managed to fly and landed on Pamplona yesterday night, everybody's pissed as all hells :lol: waited 4 hours on the plane...

Club is trying to force the league to anticipate the game to early afternoon, they want to avoid the snowstorm that should hit Pamplona later this evening - with the risk of the game being postponed as well - and want to not have to stay there until Monday....
So it’s off?

I was gonna wake up at 7 am my time for it. No need now?

United Junkie

Unbelievable. It's snowing in Madrid whilst here in the Netherlands the sun is hitting my face as we speak.

prateik

4 goals in 15 minutes in the Sevilla - Sociedad game

2-2.. no point tuning in now.. it'll probably end 2-2

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Ended up finishing 3-2 to Sevilla, The young Moroccan striker Youssef En-Nesyri scored at hattrick

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Another Barca match I fully missed, and again Messi's highlights were good. Looks like he's finding some form.

Marshal

Best Barca match this season so far. Not only they played well in attack, which already happened a few times this season but only during a few minutes and with very low accuracy, but they also managed to control the game with the ball in the second half, I don't remember the last time they did a 90 minutes perfect match like today. Granada is a very good team (7th in table) but they got mentally destroyed first with the accuracy and in the second half when they tried to go forward, didn't manage to steal the ball a single time almost.

Still with Busquets defending, this is going no where in big matches unless the forwards are so inspired that balance the disastrous defense.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So, la liga doesn't give a crap about the safety of its players. Madrid-Osasuna being played on a frozen pitch :houllier:

Raredaredevil

Title is Atletico's to lose now I guess. Real Madrid dropping points to the second worst team in the league.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
We are so clueless against low-sitting sides.
Pass it around here and there in midfield, go wide, aimless cross, rince and repeat for 90 minutes.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Real Madrid drawing against 2 relegation teams in a week. 0-0 tonight against Osasuna with 2 shots on target.
Zidane sack watch?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Atlati are top with 3 games in hand. Even more surprising is despite Barcelona looking poor this season, they’re only 3 points behind Real Madrid. Thought they were further down the league.

Still early but I pick Villarreal to finish in the top 4 ahead of Sevilla

DavidDeSchmikes

Abelardo Fernández is back as Alaves manager, following the departure of Pablo Machín (appointed in the summer, but now gone after 20 games)

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
This is the first penalty shootout Barcelona have been involved in since 1998