La Liga 2020/21

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Can't wait until Barca find a way to blow this Copa now the big two rival clubs are out. :wenger:
haha seriously! Feels both clubs loves to take turns out stumbling the other this season.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
There is an expression in Spanish that says "You have more strengh/commitment than Alcoyano."
It refers to someone who stubbornly tries to achieve something over and over again and despite being a long way from achieving it. It reminded me to that expression hehe.
They criticize Zidane for his constant rotations, so he decides to spend a month and a half with the same team, definitely ruling out Odegaard and Jovic along the way, and when he gives them a chance, the substitutes make it clear why they are on the bench, although if you forget about players for months you can't pretend that they are involved and play for you.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Amazing Alcoyano with only 10 men too.

This year just gets crazier.

Last edited:

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Another "18-19 nightmare" for Real Madrid and its fans. Terrible season already.

Pep's Suit

Fair to say... La Liga's in huge decline. If Messi leaves this summer I'd put it behind Seria A and very close to BuLi.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Fair to say... La Liga's in huge decline. If Messi leaves this summer I'd put it behind Seria A and very close to BuLi.
You have Seria A above Bundesliga? Scratch that, i don’t want to have that discussion again :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Eibar with some top level shithousery against Atleti having their GK take the penalty :lol:
Just seen that! Seen a few Eibar games over last few seasons and never seen him take a penalty before despite being their first choice last three years.

Surprised more keepers don't take penalties given likes of Chilavert and Hans Jorg Butt hardly missed any and they can usually strike the ball pinpoint.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just seen that! Seen a few Eibar games over last few seasons and never seen him take a penalty before despite being their first choice last three years.

Surprised more keepers don't take penalties given likes of Chilavert and Hans Jorg Butt hardly missed any and they can usually strike the ball pinpoint.
Yeah if he’s good at them why not obviously.

I’d love to know what Simeone thought of it though :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If in any doubt Atletico Madrid win la Liga right there.

Currently on course for 90 + points which would be pretty mad given all the major teams in leagues are averaging well under what they normally produce for all the documented reasons.

Last time they won it they got 90 points and given the other two were both in the 80s that season they'll need signficantly less this season.

Inter Yer Nan

Currently on course for 90 + points which would be pretty mad given all the major teams in leagues are averaging well under what they normally produce for all the documented reasons.

Last time they won it they got 90 points and given the other two were both in the 80s that season they'll need signficantly less this season.
Yeah, they are breezing it. So many players have stepped up and been excellent like Lemar, Carrasco, Savic for example. Llorente of course is brilliant, and the strength in depth is there too, so much so that Saul is struggling to get a start. Suarez has been a great addition. They are superb.

Jaxa

Atleti were awful but Suarez won them the game anyway, again
WTF were Barca thinking releasing him for free with a risk he could join a rival in which he did and now he is carrying them to a title,

Monumental f**k up to say the least, the worst run club in the world honestly

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I thought Suarez looked laboured and out of sync at Barcelona last season (maybe season before too). He went x amount of games without a goal in the CL. It reminds me of when Pirlo left Milan. He left Milan looked finished but it sure proved to be wrong

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Suarez is top scorer and is scoring a goal every 92 minutes this season, better than Messi so far. Nice panenka to win it. Shades of D Villa in 13/14. Barcelona again selling to Atletico... Barcelona and Real Madrid transfer business been totally baffling last couple of years.

Also great to see Eibar goalkeeper Dmitrovic scoring penalty, more teams should do that. Hopefully Pep will give Ederson his chance on them at some point :lol:.

United58

Suarez is top scorer and is scoring a goal every 92 minutes this season, better than Messi so far. Nice panenka to win it. Shades of D Villa in 13/14. Barcelona again selling to Atletico... Barcelona and Real Madrid transfer business been totally baffling last couple of years.

Also great to see Eibar goalkeeper Dmitrovic scoring penalty, more teams should do that. Hopefully Pep will give Ederson his chance on them at some point :lol:.
As a person, I find him disgusting, but in fairness to him he's done very well into his 30s; could end up with a title at Atlético. If he hadn't tried eating so many people/lying, I'd see him as a role model for young players!

wr8_utd

:'(

I think the danger is if it's saved, the other keeper will have an opportunity to smash it up front and potentially score.

Raredaredevil

I think the danger is if it's saved, the other keeper will have an opportunity to smash it up front and potentially score.
Interesting and smart point you've raised. I never thought of that. But that makes it all the more entertaining in football. I think if the team is prepared for this, that won't happen so easily. Goalkeepers are all pretty darn good penalty takers, hardly remember any missing one. I also think teams should give goalkeepers more opportunities to take a penalty, they are built for such moments.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If you read the laws I think it's possible to actually change goal keeper for just one play as it's written at the moment, so you could just change for the PK then change back next stoppage:

According to Law 3 of FIFA Laws of the game. Any of the other players may change places with the goalkeeper, provided that: the referee is informed before the change is made. the change is made during a stoppage in the match.
Just need to keep a spare GK & Outfield players shirt behind the goal so player going to GK can change in to it and GK can put on outfield top as have to wear a different shirt.

If your GK is far better than others at PK, then can just change who is GK every time you get a PK and back after. Unless I'm misreading the law?

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot

It is of course still a long way to go (especially in this crazy season) but they can only blame themselves if they don't win the league this season.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I’d argue all the top 5 leagues are in major decline. Even the PL is the weakest batch of teams since 2016.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Barca could no longer afford Suarez’s salary. I have zero problem letting him go, it was time. We wouldn’t have won the league even if he stayed. Atletico suits him much better at this stage of his career. Just wish we handled his exit better

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca could no longer afford Suarez’s salary. I have zero problem letting him go, it was time. We wouldn’t have won the league even if he stayed. Atletico suits him much better at this stage of his career. Just wish we handled his exit better
Giving him away to a direct rival was stupid though, no getting around that one.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Now Kroos and Hazard :drool:

No resistance from Alaves, though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe Real Madrid actually lost to Alaves at home. They are missing Lucas Perez but been regularly starting Jota who barely played for us after first 5 games last season.

Alaves won one in nine since winning at Madrid training ground. Think they're certs to go down.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Giving him away to a direct rival was stupid though, no getting around that one.
We needed his contract off the books ASAP, Atletico and Juventus were the only ones who showed strong interest. It wasn't like we had 10 teams lined up because of all the drama so close to the season starting with having to sell players for peanuts on the dollar due to getting their wages off the books. It's certainly not ideal to sell to a rival, but with the Juventus potential deal coming under scrutiny with them trying to fix the citizenship test for Suarez, Atletico was the only left.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
I don't remember Barcelona being this dull yet winning three points every weekend since 2017-19.

With Villareal and R.Sociedad deflated, and Sevilla unreliable, I say either Madrid or Barcelona will finish 2nd with ease.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You know that part where thanks to COVID, there's no juggernauts this season?

Atletico Madrid have dropped a grand total of 7 points in 18 games so far. On pace for 100...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
You know that part where thanks to COVID, there's no juggernauts this season?

Atletico Madrid have dropped a grand total of 7 points in 18 games so far. On pace for 100...
Covered about 12 posts up I think. ;)

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Crazy form they have, indeed.

If they win the next match they would have 50 points after 19 games, thus on course for 100 points! That's something only some of the best Madrid and Barcelona teams last decade did.

I don't see them keeping this pace the remaining 19 games, but the advantage is too big so it's clear the league belongs to them this year.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I don't remember Barcelona being this dull yet winning three points every weekend since 2017-19.

With Villareal and R.Sociedad deflated, and Sevilla unreliable, I say either Madrid or Barcelona will finish 2nd with ease.
we have played 3 matches in a week. And are at our most watchable since 2017. Creating more chances than a by other Barca side since then. Hit with fatigue lately but if anything Koeman has made us far more pleasing to watch when everyone is fit