La Liga 2020/21

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why did you name Nacho earlier in this thread?

At some point I'm not sure whether I am reading the list of absentees for a football match or the list of losses in a war report.
Banned for getafe

Lee565

Benzema has to be in that category of heavily underrated as a player, he reminds me of Rooney in terms of how how played such an unselfish role for madrid under zidane whilst ronaldo was at the club and has carried the team to a large degree since ronaldo left much like rooney did for a season after Ronaldo left united.

It's unfortunate that his time playing on the international ended so prematurely. He is up there currently with Lewandowski for me in a far tougher league.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
You think that Braithwaite should've had a penalty?
tough to say, mendy was foolish in the box but it would’ve been a soft penalty to give. It just doesn’t seem like they reviewed it which was kinda weird? But we weren’t clinical enough despite a much better second half

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Benzema has to be in that category of heavily underrated as a player, he reminds me of Rooney in terms of how how played such an unselfish role for madrid under zidane whilst ronaldo was at the club and has carried the team to a large degree since ronaldo left much like rooney did for a season after Ronaldo left united.

It's unfortunate that his time playing on the international ended so prematurely. He is up there currently with Lewandowski for me in a far tougher league.
I don't think so. An aging Benzema gets 2 weeks of rest every year during Qualifers without any risk for injuries & fatigue.

Benzema is clearly a better overall player than Lewandowski who is just a scorer.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Benzema is clearly a better overall player than Lewandowski who is just a scorer.
I don’t have an issue with you stating your opinion - because that is what this is - but to call Benzema (who i rate highly) „clearly“ better than Lewandowski looks a bit biased coming from a Dortmund supporter.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Atletico are struggling.
Betis away is a pretty hard game in fairness so was a decent point. Really have to string together 3-4 wins though soon given what the other two are doing.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don’t have an issue with you stating your opinion - because that is what this is - but to call Benzema (who i rate highly) „clearly“ better than Lewandowski looks a bit biased coming from a Dortmund supporter.
I've nothing against Lewy. He's one of my favorite players and I don't blame him leaving us as bosman. BVB should've sold him with 1 year left of his deal.

That being said, Benzema is above Lewy as the better overall player.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Sevilla 6 points behind Atleti. Still 24 points but I think they are a bit late. I would have liked to see them in the fight until the end.

Pedrerol reaffirms. "Mbappé will play for Madrid next season." It's Pedrerol, but I'm sure he knows something.
I have dedicated March to Haaland, but I think it is time to return to the cult of l'héritier, qui arrivera de Paris. L´élu.

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Madrid were in a similiar situation last year. They took the lead from barcelona with 8-10 games to go and did not drop a single point.

I don't think they will now either. And aletico ain't winning all their matches. Madrid might do the double.

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
Madrid has now basically no defenders, xd. Mendy, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal (full starting back four), Lucas Vázquez, Nacho out injured.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid has now basically no defenders, xd. Mendy, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal (full starting back four), Lucas Vázquez, Nacho out injured.
The squad vs Getafe is

Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin, Diego Altube, Eder Militao, Marcelo, Alvaro Odriozola, Victor Chust, Toni Kroos, Luka Modric, Fede Valverde, Isco, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Vinicius, Mariano and Rodrygo.

I guess will try something like

Courtois
Odriozola Militao Chust Marcelo
Valverde Kroos Modric Isco
Benzema Vinicius

Funny thing is some midfielders are almost KO too.

RooneyLegend

Bilbao are a terribly coached side. They do know Alba is an important cog in barca's system right? They've literally left him on an island.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This ref is an absolute joke, Bilbao getting away with absolute murder :lol:

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
What a game by De Jong, haven't seem one of our midfielders dominate a final like this since Rakitic vs Juve.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Someone on the radio said that one of Athletic's problems is that after some time with a new coach, the players tend to lose intensity and accomodate again, with very high contracts and no competition, as well as the problem that sometimes it is not possible to obtain what you need, for example a decent striker.
At least in the past they were supposed to offer a tough opposition.
Messi's goal was an example of their apathy, like the rest of the game

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Fantastic performance in the finals for a team in 'crisis'. Barca might do the domestic double or Madrid another team in 'crisis' might go on to the do the european double. Interesting.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Someone on the radio said that one of Athletic's problems is that after some time with a new coach, the players tend to lose intensity and accomodate again, with very high contracts and no competition, as well as the problem that sometimes it is not possible to obtain what you need, for example a decent striker.
At least in the past they were supposed to offer a tough opposition.
Messi's goal was an example of their apathy, like the rest of the game
gotta admit though, you enjoyed that Messi goal deep down inside:devil:

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
gotta admit though, you enjoyed that Messi goal deep down inside:devil:
Haha actually it was very good, but what a corridor they left him.
I have to admit that I feel a micro joy for Koeman, who seems to me a good guy. He deserves it after so many criticisms and being treated like a nobody

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Haha actually it was very good, but what a corridor they left him.
I have to admit that I feel a micro joy for Koeman, who seems to me a good guy. He deserves it after so many criticisms and being treated like a nobody
Yeah fair enough, it was nice to win something this season considering how bad the season started.

Would rather be in your position with a great chance of going to CL final. League race should be interesting too!

Hoof the ball

Picks it up in DM, one-two, dribbles a 1/3 of the field with a trailing player behind him, plays two consecutive one-two's, mugs off a defender and slots it home.

Messi is a Boticelli, a Michaelangelo. It's straight up art what he does. Does with one touch what even the other elite players normally do with two.

DaGOAT

Updated list:

736 goals

309 assists

35 trophies

55 freekicks

54 hattricks

50 league goals in a season

73 goals all competitions in a season

91 goals in a calendar year

7 Pichichi

6 Golden Boot

6 Ballon d'Or

1 World Cup Golden Ball

6 FIFA Best Player

2 UEFA Best Player

Goalscorer and playmaker

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Some hilarious videos from barcas celebrations.
Every youth player trying to take a photo with messi while lenglet waits for his turn in the background.

Dembele trying to get into the la masia photo then being pushed out by eveyrone.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
All of Mendy, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal, Lucas Vázquez, Nacho, Casemiro, Hazard out vs Getafe and now... Valverde. Isolated due to contact with COVID.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The injury situation at RM is honestly laughable, be it injuries or covid, everyone is falling apart, they barely have 11 players to play the game.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
All of Mendy, Varane, Ramos, Carvajal, Lucas Vázquez, Nacho, Casemiro, Hazard out vs Getafe and now... Valverde. Isolated due to contact with COVID.
Guys, we need you to win the CL. You are aware of that, right?!