La Liga 2020/21

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not sure if there was ever a three horse race? 2007-08 with United, Chelsea and Arsenal? Other than that, not sure.

Anyways, I'd love it if Sevilla can win it somehow, ot at least Atletico. Barca and Real have won it plenty of times over the years. It's Barca-Atletico and Real-Sevilla next weekend, 2 brutal games and will probably decides who goes out of title race (if it doesn't in draws of course).
15/16 actually had Arsenal and Spurs reasonably close to Leicester up to March and then Arsenal totally lost form as was clockwork in those later Wenger seasons and Spurs were too far back and then bottled it when they got a few points off Leicester.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
15/16 actually had Arsenal and Spurs reasonably close to Leicester up to March and then Arsenal totally lost form as was clockwork in those later Wenger seasons and Spurs were too far back and then bottled it when they got a few points off Leicester.
I'll never forget Spurs going insane in the 'Battle of the Bridge' when we spoiled their title hopes that year. They showed exactly how much of a bunch of nasty feckers that team was.

Irwin99

Not sure if there was ever a three horse race? 2007-08 with United, Chelsea and Arsenal? Other than that, not sure.
I knew Arsenal weren't going to do it as soon as they threw away that game against Birmingham and Gallas had that strop. I just checked that year's table though and they were only 4 points off us at the end. I don't remember it being that close but I guess it really was a three horse race.

Why wouldnt you root for Sevilla instead? They are a real underdog, the team that bottled a 13 point lead doesnt qualify.
Actually I would like them to win it but as with the above with Arsenal I just don't believe it will happen. Would be absolutely fantastic if they did it though, especially after the super league business :lol:

BorisManUtd

I knew Arsenal weren't going to do it as soon as they threw away that game against Birmingham and Gallas had that strop. I just checked that year's table though and they were only 4 points off us at the end. I don't remember it being that close but I guess it really was a three horse race.
Tbf the same happened in 2016, Arsenal collapsed in February losing to us (bunch of kids and average players starting for us) and it went downhill from there. It seems like it was a habit for all Wenger's Arsenal teams post the Invincibles, same happened to an extent in 2014 as well.

We've gone off topic again I guess :DReally thought Barca were winning La liga until that loss the other night. It seems impossible to predict who wins it really, if Atletico can manage not to loss at Camp Nou then it may be them but who knows anymore.

U99ted

Now you mention it, Chelsea finished only 4 points off us in 98/99.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Waiting for Barca to purposely lose to Atletico to deny Madrid La Liga

4D chess!

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Would love to see Sevilla win the league, if not them then Atleti. Feck Barca and Real, genuinely hope they go bankrupt.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Atleti seriously lucky or unlucky at times yesterday with the offside, misses, pen denied, then missed pen by Elche at the end. 2nd time team missed pen like that against them recently. Football gods sending a message?

Great race anyway. Next weekends all top 4 clashes should be tasty.

Anduin

Your fate could change drastically within a week again though. A couple of wins against Valencia today and Atleti and Sevilla beating Real and you'd be heading into the final three games with a big advantage. Exciting to say the least...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Valencia always give Barca hell season in season out. 2-2 at Camp Nou earlier this season, win in cup final in 18/19 and pretty sure they won at Camp Nou about 2-3 weeks after sacking Gary Neville. :lol:

Looking forward to this one, Valencia still need a win to be certain of staying in La Liga.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Valencia always give Barca hell season in season out.
I don't know, it sometimes looks like that they normally have a good start against them but in the end let Barcelona roll over them, at least I recall them giving us a harder time so don't expect much of them but a draw would be fantastic.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don't know, it sometimes looks like that they normally have a good start against them but in the end let Barcelona roll over them, at least I recall them giving us a harder time so don't expect much of them but a draw would be fantastic.
Results since 15/16 season:

Valencia 1-1 Barca
Barca 1-2 Valencia

Valencia 2-3 Barca
Barca 4-2 Valencia

Valencia 1-1 Barca
Barca 2-1 Valencia

Valencia 1-1 Barca
Barca 2-2 Valencia

Valencia 2-1 Barca (copa del rey final)

Barca 5-2 Valencia
Valencia 2-0 Barca

Barca 2-2 Valencia

So Barca only one win in last 5 visits to Mestella.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Pressure is a bit off Barcelona again, so they will win this one without too many issues.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Valencia are doing good hanging in there but they need to score a goal or two if they want to secure a result against Barcelona.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Running into your own teammate on a set piece

wow what a circus clown moment for us

Anduin

That's the dumbest pen conceded I've seen in a long time :lol:

That absolutely fecking amazing. WHAT THE HELL.

Should have been re-taken anyway if no goal. Cillesen was way off his line.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
That's the dumbest pen conceded I've seen in a long time :lol:

That absolutely fecking amazing. WHAT THE HELL.

Should have been re-taken anyway if no goal. Cillesen was way off his line.
Yeah he was way off his line but Messi was way too casual with that PK. 30 minutes left to decide our season potentially

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Now we are getting all the luck, please save some of this for Atletico

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Yup, Valencia are crumbling like I was expecting them to do. :lol:

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Valencia really bottled it with this handball.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
What a strike, wow.

Is it just me or did goals like that happen more often some time back?

Anduin

Well deserved win for Barca IMHO, despite going one down. Valencia gave a good account of themselves, but it wasn't quite enough. Can't believe how Barca threw this away against Granada, they did all the hard work (winning away to Villarreal and at Mestalla now), and then they fail against a team like Granada :houllier:
I think they will beat Atletico at Camp Nou, but not sure if Real drop any points, they seem determined despite being down to bare bones squad-wise.

Standings:

Atleti 76 Points (played: 34)
Real 74 Points (played: 34)
Barcelona 74 points (played: 34)
Sevilla 70 Points (played: 33)

Final fixtures:
Atletico: Barcelona (A), Real Sociedad (H), Osasuna (H), Valladolid (A)
Real: Sevilla (H), Granada (A), Athletic (A), Villarreal (H)
Barcelona: Atletico (H), Levante (A), Celta Vigo (H), Eibar (A)
Sevilla: Athletic (H), Real (A), Valencia (H), Villarreal (A), Alaves (H)

izec

Well deserved win for Barca IMHO, despite going one down. Valencia gave a good account of themselves, but it wasn't quite enough. Can't believe how Barca threw this away against Granada, they did all the hard work (winning away to Villarreal and at Mestalla now), and then they fail against a team like Granada :houllier:
I think they will beat Atletico at Camp Nou, but not sure if Real drop any points, they seem determined despite being down to bare bones squad-wise.

Standings:

Atleti 76 Points (played: 34)
Real 74 Points (played: 34)
Barcelona 74 points (played: 34)
Sevilla 70 Points (played: 33)

Final fixtures:
Atletico: Barcelona (A), Real Sociedad (H), Osasuna (H), Valladolid (A)
Real: Sevilla (H), Granada (A), Athletic (A), Villarreal (H)
Barcelona: Atletico (H), Levante (A), Celta Vigo (H), Eibar (A)
Sevilla: Athletic (H), Real (A), Valencia (H), Villarreal (A), Alaves (H)
Looks like it will be open until the end

wr8_utd

:'(
If this Barca team needed to go to Eibar on the final day and get a win for the title, you can be sure Lenglet would find a way to botch it up. Barca really need Bilbao and/or Sevilla to pick up something vs Madrid.