La liga 2021/22

E-mal

Aside perhaps Busquets and Dejong, I struggle to see anyone of this Barcelona starting players making it to our fully fit starting team.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I'm pretty sure Dani Alves is still better than any right back playing for Barcelona.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I would honestly not take Dest on a free at Feyenoord. He's a comically bad player.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d love to draw Barca or Madrid this year in the CL. We owe them a thumping.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Can't imagine De Jong wasting a lot more time at Barca if this is their new level.

Hoof the ball

Aside perhaps Busquets and Dejong, I struggle to see anyone of this Barcelona starting players making it to our fully fit starting team.
Pedri, Fati. Everyone's just completely blanked out Fati because he's been injured, but he was their best player behind Messi last season until he ended up missing 3/4 of it.

Fati is their next superstar; even more so than Pedri.

E-mal

Pedri, Fati. Everyone's just completely blanked out Fati because he's been injured, but he was their best player behind Messi last season until he ended up missing 3/4 of it.

Fati is their next superstar; even more so than Pedri.
As brilliant as they are they wont displace Bruno and Rashford from the team.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
What a glorious end to a brilliant game from Garcia! Lord was he terrible. They'll have to play Lenglet or Umtiti now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Memphis is unfortunately brilliant, once they're properly bedded in and everything they should still boast a great attack

Still shaky as feck at the back though, and without history's biggest security blanket i expect a lot more results like this one

The saving grace is most spanish sides like athletic just don't have the goals to punish them

RooneyLegend

What a glorious end to a brilliant game from Garcia! Lord was he terrible. They'll have to play Lenglet or Umtiti now.
Trying to play Umtiti into some semblance of form is their only hope. Pique is done, Lenglet is trash and Garcia won't ever be the answer. Gotta feel for Arujo.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
De Jong seems to play on 5 positions at the same time. Their saving grace really. I like Memphis' confidence though the obsession with always going for the most difficult play available is frustrating.

Also how can a club like Barca not afford a better back up keeper than Neto? Baffling.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
De Jong seems to play on 5 positions at the same time. Their saving grace really. I like Memphis' confidence though the obsession with always going for the most difficult play available is frustrating.

Also how can a club like Barca not afford a better back up keeper than Neto? Baffling.
De Jong truely is the midfielder almost any team needs. Great player.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don't understand how you can put a centre-back to play when grandpa dies a few hours earlier. Araujo was already barcelona's best centre-back last year, he should be a starter

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Even just looking at their lineup, painfully average (aside from a magnificent midfield trio). The front 3 are all kind of "meh" (though Fati pre injury was excellent to watch), but Griezmann is past it and unsuited to a non-counter attacking team, Memphis to me is decent but not a top tier player, and Braithwaite is very average as well. The defence horrible too. They're in for a rough season.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
That early chance Braithwaite missed was criminal. If he'd finished it, Memphis would have been MotM with a goal and an assist.

I think their starting IX with Fati - Braithwaite, Ter Stegen - Neto, someone - Dest is very good, with a weak back 4, but their bench might as well be empty. Puig and Araujo I rate, but the others??? Very curious they didn't use the Aguero money to loan a CB.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ter Stegen - Emerson/Dest - Araujo - Pique - Alba - Busquets - De Jong - Pedri - Coutinho/Griezmann - Memphis - Ansu Fati

That's really not a bad side on paper. I mean, [Mendy - Azpilicueta - Thiago Silva - Rudiger - James - Kante - Jorginho - Chillwell - Mount - Havertz - Werner] just won the CL, and it honestly doesn't look better individually to me

Pep's Suit

Didn't Eric Garcia have some crazy stats last season? Something like every time he played in PL City conceded 3 goals or something like that. He's terrible, just terrible. Small, slow, weak.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Ter Stegen - Emerson/Dest - Araujo - Pique - Alba - Busquets - De Jong - Pedri - Coutinho/Griezmann - Memphis - Ansu Fati

That's really not a bad side on paper. I mean, [Mendy - Azpilicueta - Thiago Silva - Rudiger - James - Kante - Jorginho - Chillwell - Mount - Havertz - Werner] just won the CL, and it honestly doesn't look better individually to me
Chelsea's XI is far better, far more balanced. Dest is poor, Piqué is pretty much done, Araujo is meh, Alba is far from his prime, Busquets is lucky to have De Jong covering for him when he needs to run, Coutinho/Griezmann are disapointing, it's just not enough to compete at the highest level. It might be enough to secure a top3 spot in La Liga since its far from being as competitive as it was 5 years ago but they'll get trashed in the CL by the 1st good team they face.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Chelsea's XI is far better, far more balanced. Dest is poor, Piqué is pretty much done, Araujo is meh, Alba is far from his prime, Busquets is lucky to have De Jong covering for him when he needs to run, Coutinho/Griezmann are disapointing, it's just not enough to compete at the highest level. It might be enough to secure a top3 spot in La Liga since its far from being as competitive as it was 5 years ago but they'll get trashed in the CL by the 1st good team they face.
Is it? I think chelsea just have bigger strengths all in all, but individually? Barcelona have a better goalkeeper. A better left back. Midfield pivots Busquets - Jorginho, De Jong - Kante are pretty even. Memphis - Havertz, Griezmann - Toaster toes Timo, same thing...Pedri - Mount...

I mean, it's really not a bad team.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is it? I think chelsea just have bigger strengths all in all, but individually? Barcelona have a better goalkeeper. A better left back. Midfield pivots Busquets - Jorginho, De Jong - Kante are pretty even. Memphis - Havertz, Griezmann - Toaster toes Timo, same thing...Pedri - Mount...

I mean, it's really not a bad team.
I think their defense is what sets them appart, at high level that makes a huge difference. Also, I actually don't think Ter Stegen is better than Mendy, he's been disapointing for 2 years now.

It's not a bad team no, they'll be top 3 in la liga pretty comfortably imo but their bench and defense is just not enough to hope for more.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think their defense is what sets them appart, at high level that makes a huge difference. Also, I actually don't think Ter Stegen is better than Mendy, he's been disapointing for 2 years now.

It's not a bad team no, they'll be top 3 in la liga pretty comfortably imo but their bench and defense is just not enough to hope for more.
Yeah, that's what i meant by better strenghts

But still. I'd be curious about this barcelona side with someone like Tuchel in charge. And no "playing the barcelona way" bs either

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Yeah, that's what i meant by better strenghts

But still. I'd be curious about this barcelona side with someone like Tuchel in charge. And no "playing the barcelona way" bs either
sign me up

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Actually if Thomas Tuchel was the manager of Barcelona right now he would certainly be playing in a proper Barcelona way, not the crap Koeman is trying to create. Ronald is just a terrible manager, really.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Good to see Hazard and Bale in two consecutive games. Hope they both can establish themselves in the starting eleven.