La liga 2021/22

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
This year has to be the easiest season for a team other than either Barca or Real to even have odds of winning the league in prolly over 2 decades?

Threesus

It’s crazy that Bugatti Benz is the biggest star in La Liga, right now. Wonder if the La Liga viewership drops significantly because there is no Messi now.

I can see Athletico making it back to back if Real and Barca don’t make significant moves by the time transfer window closes. What is the story on the Mbappe front @carvajal?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It’s crazy that Bugatti Benz is the biggest star in La Liga, right now. Wonder if the La Liga viewership drops significantly because there is no Messi now.

I can see Athletico making it back to back if Real and Barca don’t make significant moves by the time transfer window closes. What is the story on the Mbappe front @carvajal?
Apparently we are waiting for PSG to call us, or agree to negotiate. Perhaps he already signed, agreed a long time ago, like Messi and PSG, and the fans (and the press) will find out when they want.
The alternative is that they try to convince him but, and without knowing Mbappe too much, I would say that he prefers to have a team for himself to share the limelight with Messi / Neymar.
Or maybe he might want to enjoy a year in that triumvirate and then go for free. Personally, I do not believe that this situation will be reached, which seems more typical of conflictive players.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
"PSG has to sell for 180-200 million euros before signing Messi"

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

At its meeting today at 11 am (CEST), the Real Madrid C.F. Board of Directors unanimously agreed to initiate both civil and criminal legal action against the LaLiga President, Mr Javier Tebas Medrano, Mr Javier de Jaime Guijarro, head of the CVC Fund, and against the CVC Capital Partners SICAV-FIS Fund itself.

In addition, the Board of Directors has resolved to take any legal action it considers appropriate to annul and render ineffective any possible resolutions adopted by the LaLiga Assembly, due to be held on 12 August 2021, in relation to the agreement between LaLiga and the CVC Fund.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
.....sometimes, Florentino makes it really hard for me to support my club :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Atletico should use this as a way to get somewhat of a stranglehold on the league. Barca in disarray. Real Madrid not signing anyone aside from Alaba.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, it's an exaggeration obviously, but yeah. I can get behind being against it, but this is overkill. The deal might not be particularly useful to real madrid, but it is good deal for the rest of Spanish football

meamth

La liga is dead to me.

No Ronaldo, no Messi.

Nobody will watch this league globally.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I mean, it's an exaggeration obviously, but yeah. I can get behind being against it, but this is overkill. The deal might not be particularly useful to real madrid, but it is good deal for the rest of Spanish football
At the beginning I also liked it but it is said that in the long run it is not very good, very little money for the time involved. Apparently they have already tried it with other leagues.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At the beginning I also liked it but it is said that in the long run it is not very good, very little money for the time involved. Apparently they have already tried it with other leagues.
Better stadiums and facilities = more more from stadiums, better conditions for the players = more competitive sides and better spectacle = bigger tv deals

In the long run, it's better to sell your TV rights for €6B and lose 10% of it than sell them for €5B

There's great potential for growth thanks to this deal.

It's just that for real madrid, it doesn't make a lot of sense and this deal interferes with the Superleague apparently

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
So finally the post Messi era is here. Intriguing to see how Barca do without him whacking in free kicks or the general aura he has on the pitch at crucial times.

What's the front 3 going to be....Griezmann-Aguero/Memphis- Coutinho? Perhaps this is what is needed for those either side of the CF to come out of the shadows a bit as they're certainly on ridiculous wages as is Barca way in last 5 years so need to do something.

Think Atleti will dip aswell so think Real Madrid will win La Liga pretty comfortably and give Ancelotti rare league title.

Hoof the ball

Isn't it for fifty years though? At the price CVC are offering who in their right mind would lock into a deal that long? Of course they'll reject it.

RedDevilPure

Feels so weird to have no Messi in La Liga. I don't think Atletico will win back to back, Ancelotti is terrible in the league, funnily I think Barca will cope well without Messi and will win La Liga again. Messi shouldn't have left, he won't get an easier time to win La Liga with Barca.

Gibb11

I find it interesting with the spectacle of the game decreasing further I think, Spanish Health minister has said Stadiums to be at max 40% capacity and masks are to be worn compulsory and not to be taken off, compare it to the Premier League or Ligue 1 where its full capacity and no masks (easier for crowd noise, chants etc) It makes a massive difference in terms of the spectacle whether viewing in person or on TV no matter if you agree or disagree with the health/political policy decisions.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
La liga is dead to me.

No Ronaldo, no Messi.

Nobody will watch this league globally.
Give it some time. The league regain its mojo. But how well Barcelona is run under Laporte will play a factor.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Give it some time. The league regain its mojo. But how well Barcelona is run under Laporte will play a factor.
These things work in cycles. It’s the prems turn to be the dominant one in Europe and I’m sure it’ll turn around at some point (unless the finances of some of these clubs across Europe never recover).

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So finally the post Messi era is here. Intriguing to see how Barca do without him whacking in free kicks or the general aura he has on the pitch at crucial times.

What's the front 3 going to be....Griezmann-Aguero/Memphis- Coutinho? Perhaps this is what is needed for those either side of the CF to come out of the shadows a bit as they're certainly on ridiculous wages as is Barca way in last 5 years so need to do something.

Think Atleti will dip aswell so think Real Madrid will win La Liga pretty comfortably and give Ancelotti rare league title.
Aguero/Memphis can't play. At least that's what I was told all the Messi threads.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Let's be honest here, Pedrerol >>> all those other guys combined

PoTMS

Interesting to see the El Clasico viewing figures this season.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The teams voted yes to the CVC deal.Madrid, Barça, Athletic and a team from segunda(Oviedo) voted no and they won't give their tv rights

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Barcelona still seems very unbalanced but they do still have a lot of talent in attack, perhaps some players would benefit grow on the absence of Messi but I still believe that ideally they need to offload some of their highest earners and invest it elsewhere. They borught Agüero to be a focal point in their attack but he's injured (probably injured himself at this point). I also expect them to be affected by losing Messi, at least short term.

This current season might seem underwhelming for people outside Spain who don't support any club here but sooner or later Real Madrid will attract the likes of Mbappe, Haaland and that type of player so I think is very early to judge.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Barcelona with
Stegen
Dest-Araújo-García-Alba
Busquets
De Jong-Pedri
Depay-Griezmann-Fati

and a bench with Neto, Mingueza, Emerson, Agüero, and Dembélé

are automatically contenders for the title. Atlético haven't won two consecutive liga title since 1949-1951 !!!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
L'heure de la vérité s´approche

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
They are so stupid to pay that much now when they can get him for a free next summer.