La liga 2021/22

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
We all knew the post-Messi era would be hard for Barca but they really didn't help themselves with Ronald Koeman ...
It's OK, i still think they will make top 4.

They are inferior than Real and Atlético, but sure they can outcompete Villareal and Sevilla in the long run.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

They are inferior than Real and Atlético, but sure they can outcompete Villareal and Sevilla in the long run.
Hopefully they can.
I think they'll look much better with Fati Dembele and Aguero back in the team

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

I’m not sure. Fati and Pedri returning will help, but I think we finish fifth or sixth unless we knock out of the park with the next manager hiring (which I doubt)

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Hopefully they can.
I think they'll look much better with Fati Dembele and Aguero back in the team
I really don't know how people can have huge hopes for Aguero and Dembele, who are totally unreliable players and could be injured for most of the season. Fati is their best bet and it could take months for him to be back in shape, nobody knows if he really recovered from his odd double surgery and the fact that they postponed his return many times is concerning.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
They're facing a Cadiz side spearheaded by 36 year-old Alvaro Negredo, who was already past it enough to be turning out for Middlesbrough in the champo five years ago and has spent the last couple of years in the Emirati league. I knew the Spanish league was a bit cack at the minute, but jesus feck :lol:
Middlesbrough was in the PL when Negredo played there.
Cadiz is basically a 2nd division team, not really surprising that they hired an old Spanish guy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Cadiz are good defensively (Ledesma in goal regularly makes Argentina squad now) and took 4 points off Barca last season.

Barca were pulling this stuff start of last season and then took off from November onwards and could've easily won the league. Looks harder now with no Messi so opponents showing less respect.

Going to be bizarre them at some point this season lining up with front 3 of Braithwaite, Luke De Jong and the young Austrian lad who's running around a bit. My god those front players wouldn't get in most top half prem teams.:lol:

cyberman

I was told Memphis was the best thing since sliced bread on here.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Cadiz are good defensively (Ledesma in goal regularly makes Argentina squad now) and took 4 points off Barca last season.

Barca were pulling this stuff start of last season and then took off from November onwards and could've easily won the league. Looks harder now with no Messi so opponents showing less respect.

Going to be bizarre them at some point this season lining up with front 3 of Braithwaite, Luke De Jong and the young Austrian lad who's running around a bit. My god those front players wouldn't get in most top half prem teams.:lol:
dembele and Fati will be back soon

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
dembele and Fati will be back soon
Dembele will be back soon? Again? For how long this time? 2 weeks or maybe 3?

And we don't even know how Fati will return after his long injury. Sometimes an injury like this can completely destroy a player (hopefully not).

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
When Memphis is bad he really is shockingly bad. I almost thought he was going to be able to sort of carry this Barca side after his first few games, but he's just so inconsistent. Infuriating to watch at times.

Frenkie has been wank as well lately. As has Barca in its entirety of course, but who cares about that.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Dembele will be back soon? Again? For how long this time? 2 weeks or maybe 3?

And we don't even know how Fati will return after his long injury. Sometimes an injury like this can completely destroy a player (hopefully not).
We’ll see. Our attacking will improve but the team will struggle fighting for top 4

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Barcelona need a proper coach. They've relied decent coaches for awhile now as they had players like Messi and Suarez to pull them through. I understand no top manager would take the job due to the financial issues but someone who is young and tactically promising may have a strong impact.

Bole Top

all this is like some cruel joke on Barca fans. I know we make fun of them all the time, but even Arsenal would beat them now. it's that bad.

Alfie092

What are the chances of Barca missing out on top 4 and not being in the CL next season? :eek:

Ladron de redcafe

What are the chances of Barca missing out on top 4 and not being in the CL next season? :eek:
I think he'll probably be replaced if Barcelona this persists. I can't see them falling below 4th but if they do, it would be fun to watch their plummet.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Barcelona need a proper coach. They've relied decent coaches for awhile now as they had players like Messi and Suarez to pull them through. I understand no top manager would take the job due to the financial issues but someone who is young and tactically promising may have a strong impact.
Ten Haag feels realistic to me. Been at Ajax a while and no interest in going to likes of Spurs but I think with Barca core of 5-6 young players including De Jong that might tempt him.

Only issue is someone like Xavi lingering in background so it's never going to be a 3-4 year project even though that's what the rebuilding period dictates now.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Villarreal playing pretty well at the Bernabeu in this first half

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Madrid with 36% possession at home. I guess we’ll have more possession on Wednesday which will result in 20 shots off target.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Villareal are a tough team to break down but according to my phone stats Real Madrid had 0 shots on target?

Hard to think when all top teams in La Liga were such lacking in quality at same time, perhaps 2007-08 season?

ti vu

Villareal are a tough team to break down but according to my phone stats Real Madrid had 0 shots on target?

Hard to think when all top teams in La Liga were such lacking in quality at same time, perhaps 2007-08 season?
Villarreal did well with ball retention. They dominate possession, and kept RM at bay. RM is indeed lacking creativity for a while now. There is a reason they're desperate for Mbappe this past transfer reason.

Jaeger

Supports
Real Madrid
Horrendous match.

Ancelotti really made a mistake with that starting lineup. Players used out of position and a nonexistent midfield with no control of the game whatsoever with only two players that on top of that are underperforming. No one bar Courtois and maybe Alaba stepped up for this game. We were so dry and uninspired in attack, and those long balls to Vini are becoming very predictable. Militao missing that header could have changed the game though.

Nacho is a CB, but if you definitely want to use him in another position, it should only be as RB, doing it otherwise means losing threat going forward. Valverde that has been our best player in midfield, shouldn’t never be used as RB, as you’re completely diminish its ability. I guess, I figured out the intention behind that experiment but we still ended up rendering another position.

The first half showed once again some defensive issues that need fixing, Villareal clearly deserved more at that point. I don’t know why Jovic wasn’t even considered when we were already crossing to Benzema who was isolated in the box on the second half, with them patiently sitting back.

Props to Villareal though, who are a very good composed team holding onto the ball with enough patient to create chances, all while being a tough unit to break down. I think they could have done more than just getting a drawing if they really tried it. But after seeing how they were blatantly wasting time. I guess, a draw is what they truly wanted.

Reactions: mazhar13

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm glad with one point but yeah it was a dangerous fixture to experiment against Villarreal.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ancelotti needs to figure this out fast. Because this might work against the likes of Mallorca, but we've played 3 serious teams now, and 2 we beat undeservedly thanks to a big combination of luck, Courtois and them missing chances(inter), and yesterday we were dominated at home by villarreal...

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Great performance even if it was against a mediocre team. Koeman has to go ASAP, wasn’t on the sideline due to suspension and the difference was night and day