La liga 2021/22

marktan

Barca and Juve could struggle to make top 4 this season. Be an interesting change-up in the CL next year if so

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
another pathetic game in the areas (where it counts) by barcelona.
abysmal.

7th game in the season (3rd in a row) that their first shot on target is a goal.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
These Barca kids like Puig, Balde and the little right winger dude don't impress at all honestly. They may be build like Xavi and Iniesta with their tiny frames and baby faces, but they're bang average.

Great goal by Memphis though he should've had at least one more.

RoyH1

1-1 shouldn't be a bad result but Barsa keep falling behind and the CL qualification could be a problem for them if they continue not winningt. And now Pique seems to be injured too.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
These Barca kids like Puig, Balde and the little right winger dude don't impress at all honestly. They may be build like Xavi and Iniesta with their tiny frames and baby faces, but they're bang average.

Great goal by Memphis though he should've had at least one more.
puig hasn't been a starter with 3 different coaches, there is a reason.

pedri, nico, gavi and fati are the real hopes. and araujo/mingueza can probably help.

balde? abde? who knows, still too young but they are not the "chosen ones"

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
puig hasn't been a starter with 3 different coaches, there is a reason.

pedri, nico, gavi and fati are the real hopes. and araujo/mingueza can probably help.

balde? abde? who knows, still too young but they are not the "chosen ones"
Isn't Fati out with another knee injury?

Pep's Suit

Barca fans are like Arsenal for these last couple of years. Basically they act like any of their under-23 players is a future superstar. I think reality will be harsh for them but if they can take few players from Valencia or Sevilla they'll be Top4 regulars anyway.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Less than 50% crowd attendance at Barcelona I read. Is there a reason (Covid restrictions, traffic problems) other than just fairweather fans?

Less than 50% crowd attendance at Barcelona I read. Is there a reason (Covid restrictions, traffic problems) other than just fairweather fans?
Their average league attendance this season is only 40k over 7 games. This isn't the first time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Covid restrictions plus fairweather fans

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Barca fans are like Arsenal for these last couple of years. Basically they act like any of their under-23 players is a future superstar. I think reality will be harsh for them but if they can take few players from Valencia or Sevilla they'll be Top4 regulars anyway.
nah, pedri, fati, and Gavi are the real deal.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Been more impressed by the big lad, Nico something, than Gavi tbh
Yes! Nico has tons of potential too. Gavi was poor in clasico but good in most of his other matches.

From the other side, it is terrifying to see Vini have some end product now. You must be so thrilled.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Today Deportivo play in the youth league against Maccabi. The whole city is very aware of the boys. They came back from 3-0 in the previous round against a Polish team, already with a lot of public and today 16,000 people are expected.
They are first in the "Primera federación". Something like an "elite" 2B. There are several very good young players, notably Noel, whom Madrid and Barcelona want for the youth squad.
As an anecdote, about Borussia, which is sometimes considered the victim (of Bayern I mean): This summer Deportivo tried to renew a boy named Guillermo Bueno: From what I have been told, friends who are quite related, Depor offered him 6000 / month in a great effort .
The boy did not appear in the preseason and shortly after they found out that he was in Germany to sign for Borussia, who offered him 18,000/month.
They say that Borussia never contacted Depor, and that there is a lot of anger with them. Obviously, Borussia does not agree.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
This summer Deportivo tried to renew a boy named Guillermo Bueno: From what I have been told, friends who are quite related, Depor offered him 6000 / month in a great effort .
The boy did not appear in the preseason and shortly after they found out that he was in Germany to sign for Borussia, who offered him 18,000/month.
Wow, 18k/month for a kid is a huge sum of money. I guess I was aware that the young players were getting paid a good amount of money, but this really hits the nail on the head.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Yes! Nico has tons of potential too. Gavi was poor in clasico but good in most of his other matches.

From the other side, it is terrifying to see Vini have some end product now. You must be so thrilled.
The thing is, people have a really hard time understanding that there's still a huge step between "very good young player" and "starter in a top club". Some manage to climb this step, a lot don't. Of course it's great to have young talent like Barcelona does but as I said several times, there's close to 0 chance that they ever see a Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta/Messi generation again and it won't get close.

Who remembers Jeffren Suarez, Sergi Samper, El Haddadi, Bojan Krkic etc.? They were all supposed to be greats, record breaker youngest blabla and they never made it to the highest level (or even to a decent level for some of them).

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
The thing is, people have a really hard time understanding that there's still a huge step between "very good young player" and "starter in a top club". Some manage to climb this step, a lot don't. Of course it's great to have young talent like Barcelona does but as I said several times, there's close to 0 chance that they ever see a Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta/Messi generation again and it won't get close.

Who remembers Jeffren Suarez, Sergi Samper, El Haddadi, Bojan Krkic etc.? They were all supposed to be greats, record breaker youngest blabla and they never made it to the highest level (or even to a decent level for some of them).
Never felt the players I mentioned would be at that level, don’t think we’ll see anything like that at this club for another 50 years. But Fati and Pedri will absolutely be world class players as they continue to grow.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Obviously most young players fall by the wayside, Barcelona has a very talented generation right now, time will tell.
Pedri and Fati have already gone from young promises to starters in a top team, Gavi and Nico have the qualities to do it too.
Jefren, Samper, Munir did not have the quality that Nico, Gavi and others have.

A question , I don't see Lyon. What about Cherki? The quality of that guy is immense, he's incredible in many ways. But he is not a starter, does he have attitude problems?

manpaslop

On Sunday it's the Sevillian Derby. Both teams have had underwhelming results lately so It should be an interesting match. Who do you think will win?

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
On Sunday it's the Sevillian Derby. Both teams have had underwhelming results lately so It should be an interesting match. Who do you think will win?
Gotta go with Sevilla but hopefully it’s a good match either way

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barcelona 3-0 up at half time.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Very impressive appearance for Puig (he was bad, can we please stop pretending he's the future of the club after 1 good game against Atletico 1 year and a half ago). As previously said, there's a reason why no manager trust him.

matsdf

Sad to say that it kind of helps to see another big club being even worse than us.