La liga 2021/22

RoyH1

Right in some more La Liga action I think Betis looked quite good against Valencia with some class goals in the last minutes. They're still only 3 points behind Atlético in the chase for that last Champions league spot. The latter has a tough game against Sevilla next week too whilst Betis plays Granada at home. To make it even more interesting, Betis closes the season at the Bernabeu in Real's last game before the CL final. How many players will they rest there?

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Mendy scores vs Levante.

1-0

I would pay a ticket just to see Camavinga play. A joy to watch.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Second highest goalscorer + most assists in club history. What a player

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Valverde has seen the ball hit the post three times today after shooting.

Must be quite frustrating for him now

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Valverde has seen the ball hit the post three times today after shooting.

Must be quite frustrating for him now
Haha his shooting is something else, very powerful and usually on target but he doesn’t seem to score a lot. Very strange.

Cama is very talented, all he needs really is to mature in his game (which a lot of players struggle with) and he can be very special for us. Midfield of Cama, Valverde and possibly Tchouameni would be fantastic.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So, final day of the season

CHAMPION: REAL MADRID
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:
Thundercnuts, Turbocnuts, Sevilla
EUROPA LEAGUE: Betis, Real Sociedad
RELEGATED: Levante, Alaves

still to play for
CONFERENCE LEAGUE: Villarreal and Athletic Bilbao.

Villarreal 56, Athletic 55. Athletic hold the tiebreaker. Villarreal @ Barcelona, Athletic @ Sevilla

FINAL RELEGATION SPOT
Granada 37, Mallorca 36, Cadiz 36
Mallorca hold the tiebreaker over Cadiz. Granada hold tb over both afaik. In case all 3 finish on 37 points, It's Cadiz going down

Granada vs Espanyol, Cadiz @ Alaves, Mallorca @ Osasuna

Relegation games at 8PM CET(so 7PM UK), Conference games at 10PM(9 UK)

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
So, final day of the season

CHAMPION: REAL MADRID
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:
Thundercnuts, Turbocnuts, Sevilla
EUROPA LEAGUE: Betis, Real Sociedad
RELEGATED: Levante, Alaves

still to play for
CONFERENCE LEAGUE: Villarreal and Athletic Bilbao.

Villarreal 56, Athletic 55. Athletic hold the tiebreaker. Villarreal @ Barcelona, Athletic @ Sevilla

FINAL RELEGATION SPOT
Granada 37, Mallorca 36, Cadiz 36
Mallorca hold the tiebreaker over Cadiz. Granada hold tb over both afaik. In case all 3 finish on 37 points, It's Cadiz going down

Granada vs Espanyol, Cadiz @ Alaves, Mallorca @ Osasuna

Relegation games at 8PM CET(so 7PM UK), Conference games at 10PM(9 UK)
Barcelona vs Villarreal, Sevilla vs Athletic Bilbao.
We will have to see with what intensity the match is played by the local teams.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hope Villarreal make it into the conference league.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He's too good not to be coaching a medium high profile club at least. I wonder where he will go to.
If they had a good striker they probably would be higher. That is the big problem with their Basque only policy. The policy works if there are a load of good youngsters coming through in the right positions. When it dries up there is a problem.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A friend's son plays for Depor, he is 8 years old and has been signed from another local team.
He tells me that the atmosphere among the parents is very tense, criticising the children shamelessly. It's a very competitive atmosphere that makes the kids stressed.
I imagine that being in Barcelona/Madrid multiplies this tension in the children, creating little monsters like the one in the video.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A friend's son plays for Depor, he is 8 years old and has been signed from another local team.
He tells me that the atmosphere among the parents is very tense, criticising the children shamelessly. It's a very competitive atmosphere that makes the kids stressed.
I imagine that being in Barcelona/Madrid multiplies this tension in the children, creating little monsters like the one in the video.
That pressure and OTT behavior from parents is present in England too, probably the same in every country on earth. It's stupid but it's appears to be the nature of organised football for children and has been since the beginning of the sport. When I was around 13, I was a called fecking cnut by my teammate's father because I had 2 open players in a counterattack and the teammate I passed to missed the chance. The other open player was his son of course. Our coach nearly knocked his teeth out.

We saw dads having scraps in the car park multiple times :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I appreciate that it's a very tense situation for the kids, but I don't think that explains it. Coaches could stamp out such behavior easily. But considering it's like 3 to 4 different kids, who are abusing the keeper, you have to assume they actually encourage it.

Last edited:

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
That pressure and OTT behavior from parents is present in England too, probably the same in every country on earth. It's stupid but it's appears to be the nature of organised football for children and has been since the beginning of the sport. When I was around 13, I was a called fecking cnut by my teammate's father because I had 2 open players in a counterattack and the teammate I passed to missed the chance. The other open player was his son of course. Our coach nearly knocked his teeth out.

It is the same everywhere. One of my Client is an agent based in France with connections to top clubs and I occasionnally join him when the games he scouts are in my area. The stakes are so high for some families that they all consider their kid is a future Mbappé and their expectations are unreal. Reality often hits them really hard when the kids are around 13-14 and don't make the cut.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid

Maybe you deserved it for your shitty decision making? :D. Now seriously, there are parents who think they have Neymar at home.
I appreciate that it's a very tense situation for the kids, but I don't think that explains it. Coaches could stamp out such behavior easily. But considering it's like 3 to 4 different kids, who are abusing the keeper, you have to assume they actually encourage it.
I guess you're right about that, not every team does it, although it's hard to believe that in a youth academy of that level they put shit in their heads so early

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
After the triumphant returns of Zidane and Ancelotti, and the breaking of this non-aggression pact, there is only one possible outcome: welcome back, Alvaro.