La liga 2022/23

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It sounds like a joke. They win the Supercopa and no one shows up to present the medals.
They leave them on a table and serve yourself, and Rubiales in the box.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Fustrating watching Barca play so casually, and the opponent team can't even threaten the goal, game after game.

Dr. StrangeHate

Fustrating watching Barca play so casually, and the opponent team can't even threaten the goal, game after game.
I just saw the team lineups, the opposing team doesn't have a single recognisable name and that has been the case several times I have looked at La Liga lineups. It seems clubs are massively skint.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I just saw the team lineups, the opposing team doesn't have a single recognisable name and that has been the case several times I have looked at La Liga lineups. It seems clubs are massively skint.
Tbf i don't recognize anybody on bournemouth or notthingham forest either

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looking at the lineups, I see Unal, Mayoral, and Aleña. They're all recognisable to me and also decent players, overall. I don't think they fit in well in this Getafe setup, but they're all still decent players.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Horrible Barcelona match today. The 3 strikers have been erratic throughout the match.
Pedri didn't play well today either.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Horrible Barcelona match today. The 3 strikers have been erratic throughout the match.
Pedri didn't play well today either.
It honestly doesn't matter, you literally can't concede goals in the league anymore.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Awful game from us again in second half. Luckily Getafe was also very weak, so we can steal 3 points here. Xavi needs an idea how to stop the second half decay asap, or we won't win any major trophy this year.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Benzema's quality is something else. Volley with his left foot, perfect positioning of his body, goal with just one touch.

Idxomer

When Benzema gets going, he's still better than any other striker in the world

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Still not convincing but much better

Camavinga really good today, Ceballos too. Rudiger-Militao great, Nacho fantastic

We're getting there

On to the pupas

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Still not convincing but much better

Camavinga really good today, Ceballos too. Rudiger-Militao great, Nacho fantastic

We're getting there

On to the pupas
Camavinga was good, but sometimes i still dont understand his decision making.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It isn't, but it is good enough for this league - too few teams have the pace to really hurt them, and then there's a weird luck factor going on

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Camavinga was good, but sometimes i still dont understand his decision making.
Yeah, also his situational awareness. He has pretty much all the attributes, but those two he really needs to work on. Decision making comes with age hopefully, but he gets caught a bit too much for my liking. Doesn’t seem to have that awareness of what is happening behind him like Modric does and ends up losing the ball.

Good first half by the team, weak second half. I like that Carlo gives Ceballos and Camavinga a chance. Rest Modric and Kroos until they get back to their level. Vini needs some rest as well.

We really need new backs, so weak in those areas.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Barca have been in incredible form lately. Great showing today.
I wouldn't speak of a general great form, because we lack consistency. We play 30 minutes finest tiki taka and then proceed to lose control completely for the rest of the game. Yesterday's game was better, but Sociedad also lost a player pretty early. Xavi needs to solve this problem asap. Also our efficiency in front of the goal is very bad. We don't kill off games when we can.
This team has great potential, especially because we have now one of the youngest starting lineups of all europe's topteams and those boys are just getting better and better. But we still need to improve on many fronts.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I wouldn't speak of a general great form, because we lack consistency. We play 30 minutes finest tiki taka and then proceed to lose control completely for the rest of the game. Yesterday's game was better, but Sociedad also lost a player pretty early. Xavi needs to solve this problem asap. Also our efficiency in front of the goal is very bad. We don't kill off games when we can.
This team has great potential, especially because we have now one of the youngest starting lineups of all europe's topteams and those boys are just getting better and better. But we still need to improve on many fronts.
Xavi has done really well, you destroyed RM in that final. Your in-game consistency might need some work, but it is amazing how consistent you have been this season overall. Six goals conceded, 3 of which were from the Clasico.

Think you are missing a WC LW, Dembele is good on the right and Rapinha I don’t really rate. Fati hasn’t been the same since that injury. Team is young, only need to replace Busquets and Lewa short term.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Xavi has done really well, you destroyed RM in that final. Your in-game consistency might need some work, but it is amazing how consistent you have been this season overall. Six goals conceded, 3 of which were from the Clasico.

Think you are missing a WC LW, Dembele is good on the right and Rapinha I don’t really rate. Fati hasn’t been the same since that injury. Team is young, only need to replace Busquets and Lewa short term.
Yeah, no doubt Xavi revived the team after Koeman. In Madrid's defense, they had a very poor form right after the WC and now getting stronger every game. If you guys win today, maybe we get another 2 clasicos in the semi finals and can see, where both teams stand. It's true that we concede less goals, but I have a feeling that a reason is also the league's descending quality in scoring goals, as well as MAtS's probably best form of his life and a bit of luck as we saw yesterday. The first league clasico and the CL showed, that our defense still needs a lot of optimizing and we need to pray every game, that Araujo, Christensen and Kounde stay fit, because Garcia, Alonso and Roberto are way below their level.

I don't know if we're really missing a LW, because our best games this season were with 4 midfielders (Sergio, Frenkie, Gavi and Pedri) and 2 attackers (Lewy and Ous). We have a lot more control that way and Gavi and Pedri show, that they can also score goals, so we don't lose on that front either. This system isn't new by the way. Back in the days Iniesta also played many times as a "LW" to have more control in the midfield.
I expect, that Xavi will built on this system for the forseeable future. I don't agree on replacing Lewy short term, because he doesn't show any signs of decline so far. At the least he will be our first forward for a year and a half and then we'll see from there. Busquets, yeah we need to replace him in the coming summer window. Frenkie and one new player should fill his position. I also think that Raphina and Kessie need to leave us in the summer. They don't really fit in our style and would ease the spanish ffp considerably, which by the way was changed again mid season without consulting anyone, so we can't even register Gavi although Pique and Memphis left and we have a ton of cash right now.

They just changed the rule, that contract extensions now don't count in the current season's ffp margin anymore, but in the upcoming season's and since we don't have the books for it yet, they (meaning Tebas and his clowns) just estimate it and forbid to register Gavi. That is finest corruption on Tebas's part and I really hope the club takes the league to court. Changing rules mid season without any warnings is not a professional behaviour, especially if the current ffp is already the most strict one in the whole of europe. Many spanish sides are very displeased with it since they already had to sell their best players, can't register properly and still the rules getting tougher and tougher. No one denying that the spanish clubs needed restriction in spending money, but not on this ridiculously strict level. Tebas kills off his own league in long term.

Last edited:

facchiano

600 Atletico supporters, is that normal for cup/la liga games? Either way the less we hear of them the better.

facchiano

Since when did Morata start scoring goals?
I don't think he'll go past 15 goals in all competition this season. Does everything other than score. Last season he had 12 and the season before that 19.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
2015 all over again. End this season already.

wr8_utd

:'(
Madrid will win with late goals from a Benzema penalty and a dancing Vinicius.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Real Madrid are doing nothing here. They’ve been garbage.