La liga 2022/23

Pintu

We have already won a trophy, this is our 2nd for the season.
European Super Cup isn’t a meaningful trophy and should count with last year anyway, since it’s played before the season really start.

always_hoping

What hope have Real Madrid got of knocking Man City out of the Champions league? won the cup tonight but not overly convincing against a mid table La Liga team, beaten by Girona 4-2 and 2-0 against Real Sociedad recently suggests they aren't in the best of form or are leaving their best for the Champions league?

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
What hope have Real Madrid got of knocking Man City out of the Champions league? won the cup tonight but not overly convincing against a mid table La Liga team, beaten by Girona 4-2 and 2-0 against Real Sociedad recently suggests they aren't in the best of form or are leaving their best for the Champions league?
While I don't think Madrid are favorites vs City I can't think of any other club in the world with higher chances of beating current City. As weird as it sounds, I see both Real Madrid winning and Real Madrid getting thrashed as highly likely scenarios.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
European Super Cup isn’t a meaningful trophy and should count with last year anyway, since it’s played before the season really start.
No no, i'm taking CWC, middle of the season.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Every player needs to turn it on. Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Valverde. Not likely given our season. We are very poor defensively and our attack is depending on Vini to pull something out of his ass.

So yeah….hoping for that to happen.

always_hoping

Every player needs to turn it on. Benzema, Kroos, Modric, Valverde. Not likely given our season. We are very poor defensively and our attack is depending on Vini to pull something out of his ass.

So yeah….hoping for that to happen.
A bit of "football heritage" might get you over the line.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno

The kind of behavior I saw from him in some games:

Yeah he does that at times. It's different from what, say Stones does though. We're more fluid in our positionings. I mean, you can say the same thing for Carvajal as well

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Looking good so far. To win LaLiga at Espanyol and keep them 19th is the icing on the cake :drool: :drool: :drool:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Espanyol are a very poor team indeed.

Thought they might do a great escape as they do have goalscorers upfront but complete mess at the back and Valencia late win means they're six points ahead so looks like only one relegation spot in play now.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
FDJ is in spectacular form. He has taken a step forward, hopefully next year he will continue like this.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Espanyol fans :)
You also have one of them here, who calls himself "feck barca". It's all you need to know about them.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Espanyol fans :)
You also have one of them here, who calls himself "feck barca". It's all you need to know about them.
They are a disgusting bunch. They Used to insult Shakira when Piqué was on the pitch. Today when [Irrelevant point] had the ball they yelled "murderer". Then they tried to attack our players when they were celebrating the league. That kind of people don't deserve to have a team in La Liga. I really wish they get relegated.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
They are a disgusting bunch. They Used to insult Shakira when Piqué was on the pitch. Today when [Irrelevant point] had the ball they yelled "murderer". Then they tried to attack our players when they were celebrating the league. That kind of people don't deserve to have a team in La Liga. I really wish they get relegated.
They also wished Milan, Pique's son death. They have the most disgusting fanbase of all spain. I really hope they'll play Segunda next season.

edit: Campeones, Campeones, ole ole ole :drool:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, at least they conceded a few goals, what was the defensive record, 15 goals?

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
They also wished Milan, Pique's son death. They have the most disgusting fanbase of all spain. I really hope they'll play Segunda next season.

edit: Campeones, Campeones, ole ole ole :drool:
Visca el Barca, we are back!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Tbf, Alonso did kill someone while driving. One does something abhorrent like that, one ain’t gonna be received well no matter where one goes.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Tbf, Alonso did kill someone while driving. One does something abhorrent like that, one ain’t gonna be received well no matter where one goes.
It was an unfortunate accident. Murdering is a quite different matter.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Semantics. He killed someone. He’s a big boy, he needs to own it.
It's a whole different thing to kill someone intentionally or unintentionally, both legally and morally. Also, If you or I or anybody had commited a crime and had paid for it, it is not ok to be insulted forever for that.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's a whole different thing to kill someone intentionally or unintentionally, both legally and morally. Also, If you or I or anybody had commited a crime and had paid for it, it is not ok to be insulted forever for that.
Again, semantics. You can argue intent, I can reply with carelessness, lack of intelligence, & devaluation of someone’s life by putting them in a dangerous situation.

Yep, it is okay to be insulted forever. You do it, you own it. And fans have the right to shout about it.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Credit to Xavi, the season was a big success in La Liga. Need to work on European performances but winning the title, and by this margin is great to see.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Ref blows whistle to the end the half while the shot is midair and so the goal doesn’t count. That is unbelievably harsh.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
Huge win in LaLiga, but still I have a lot of doubts about the future of the club and the team. Bittersweet season to me.

Watching yesterday videos, I'm grateful that @FreckBarca 's dream finally came true and he could stand in the grass of his team stadium ;) Congrats!!!

PaulScholes99

It was an unfortunate accident. Murdering is a quite different matter.
Wow. "Unfortunate accident"?? That's how you describe an incident where he drove drunk and with 70 mp/h when the limit was 30. That is not an unfortunate accident, that's a stupid, careless decision. Though it's obviously also different to intentionally murdering someone.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Wow. "Unfortunate accident"?? That's how you describe an incident where he drove drunk and with 70 mp/h when the limit was 30. That is not an unfortunate accident, that's a stupid, careless decision. Though it's obviously also different to intentionally murdering someone.
I dare not judge others irresponsible behavior as I myself did some irresponsible actions when I was about the same age.
I am no lawyer and English is not even my native language, but as I understand "murder" has to be intentional to be clasified as such.

PaulScholes99

I dare not judge others irresponsible behavior as I myself did some irresponsible actions when I was about the same age.
I am no lawyer and English is not even my native language, but as I understand "murder" has to be intentional to be clasified as such.
I did not even debate about the term "murder" (regarding legal context, he is definitely no murder, but these are chants in a football stadium and not some legal debate). I just think that "unfortunate accident" is a very weird way to describe what [Irrelevant point] did. If you personally judge him for it is another thing, i certainly do.

Lemoor

You clearly have no problem judging those Espanyol fans for something completely inconsequential though.

NLunited

Barça champions, who cares? They cheated and sold their soul to the devil. Good luck asking players for salary reductions (again) so they can buy more players. Disgusting.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Congrats to the title win but the performance of Barca as a whole this season was terrible. Ugly 1:0 wins in typical Mourinho fashion is not what i expected from Xavi and his bottle job in Europe for a second season straight made me realise that he is not a good coach actually..he is an average one. The sooner they get rid of him the better..

RoyH1

Why are there always so many Barsa fans in a United forum policing any threads were their cheating, corrupt club is mentioned? Do they get paid for it or something? Weird. Aren't there places on Reddit, Twitter or somewhere else they can talk?

NLunited

Why are there always so many Barsa fans in a United forum policing any threads were their cheating, corrupt club is mentioned? Do they get paid for it or something? Weird. Aren't there places on Reddit, Twitter or somewhere else they can talk?
I suspect they are paid trolls. Barça has a history of online smear campaigns against their own players for feck‘s sake.

CampNou

Supports
FC Barcelona
Congrats to the title win but the performance of Barca as a whole this season was terrible. Ugly 1:0 wins in typical Mourinho fashion is not what i expected from Xavi and his bottle job in Europe for a second season straight made me realise that he is not a good coach actually..he is an average one. The sooner they get rid of him the better..
I don't think Xavi is a good coach at all, close to 0 autocritic, but on his behalf, Barca missed most of the main players on each on of those "bottlenecks" (we were missing 2/3 or 3/3 of Araujo/Kounde/Christensen vs Bayern and Inter and Pedri/Gavi/Dembele in Old Trafford). All were close games and we had "unfortunate" referees vs Bayern and Inter. Barca was also missing important players in the return game of Copa's semifinal.

Team is not be compared with Mourinho, as Xavi does not like playing like that, it is just opponent pushing us back because a lack of quality sometimes, a lack of tactics/physical other times. The Copa game demonstrated that, Xavi, missing key players, tried to dominate Real instead of play a more defensive football and it backfired. We were up in the tie and we were caught in a counter attack in the injury time.

We were lucky to win some of those games, but we also deserved more than just 1-0 in others. Barca was way better defensively than previous years but it takes a lot to create opportunities.

I don't think the season is horrible (it cant if you win LaLiga), but it is bittersweet for sure.

Barça champions, who cares? They cheated and sold their soul to the devil. Good luck asking players for salary reductions (again) so they can buy more players. Disgusting.
I guess you care enough to post here.

Probably because Barca is one of the most followed teams of the world. If all you do are plain insults, the probabilities of somebody coming to answer are higher.
It is called "statistics".

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Barcelona have not played well for many games this season. That's true. But nobody said that getting out of the economic, sporting and social situation left by Bartomeu was going to be easy and from one year to the next.
Here many said last year that Barcelona would be the new Milan, and would be 10 years without winning league or champions.

Xavi is starting his coaching career in Europe, last year with a young team and lacking quality in many positions. This year with better players, we played better, but there are still important pieces missing: A right back is missing, people who give the last pass, midfielders who control the game with their experience, wingers who have 1v1 (excluding Dembele).

Xavi from his first game in Barcelona until now has evolved and quite a bit.
He started 3-4-3 with 3 centre-backs, four midfielders and 2 wingers. Shortly after he changed to the mythical 4-3-3.
And this year he changed to the LW and put a midfielder (Gavi) who joins in the middle in attack and helps the LB in defense.

He is evolving as a coach and who knows how far he can go. You have to give him time and more after winning the league.

It is also curious how already experienced coaches in Europe do not evolve in a whole year with their tactics and the team continues to play badly and make the same mistakes. And Xavi with each change that the team makes evolves and is more consistent.