giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The non-aggression pact was dissolved like last week :D

Tallis

- Bales wages off \ No Ronaldo or Mbappe level wage player on books
- New Stadium complete
- CL win and domestic champion (and 5 CL wins in last 8/9 years ?)
- Not spent much on transfers over last 6-7 years except 1 year

Madrid must be starting to get flush with cash.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
- Bales wages off \ No Ronaldo or Mbappe level wage player on books
- New Stadium complete
- CL win and domestic champion (and 5 CL wins in last 8/9 years ?)
- Not spent much on transfers over last 6-7 years except 1 year

Madrid must be starting to get flush with cash.
Nah, they don’t even have enough cash for a fresh 22/23 thread

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Real Madrid will head next year again without a proper backup striker of Benzema? Barcelona is getting much stronger if they get all these transfers in, and with a serious injury of Benzema, it could be season over.

I did not get the fact that since they did not sign Mbappe, they spent the budget on a DM and forgot the attacking area.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I did not get the fact that since they did not sign Mbappe, they spent the budget on a DM and forgot the attacking area.
It isn't ideal but there wasn't any other player we could have gotten to replace Mbappe. Haaland would be the only alternative but he signed with City before Mbappe decided to stay at PSG.

After last season the feeling is Benzema is playing at his best and is able to lead the line with Vinicius now being a lot more clinical in front of goal. I also think it's reckless to go without a proper back up for Benzema but some people believe Rodrygo can further develop just like Vinicius did. Then like I said I don't see too many options, perhaps Lewandowski could had worked or getting back Ronaldo, but I'd rather we wait until we can get someone younger we can develop instead of going for a short term stop gap.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
It isn't ideal but there wasn't any other player we could have gotten to replace Mbappe. Haaland would be the only alternative but he signed with City before Mbappe decided to stay at PSG.

After last season the feeling is Benzema is playing at his best and is able to lead the line with Vinicius now being a lot more clinical in front of goal. I also think it's reckless to go without a proper back up for Benzema but some people believe Rodrygo can further develop just like Vinicius did. Then like I said I don't see too many options, perhaps Lewandowski could had worked or getting back Ronaldo, but I'd rather we wait until we can get someone younger we can develop instead of going for a short term stop gap.
Completely agree about no one to replace transfer of Mbappe. I also never expected to sign a pure striker like Haaland or Lewandowski, since they cannot work together with Benzema who will naturally not be moved from the first 11.

But I expected them to be there for a Mane or Gnabry type of player, who can also play next to Benzema and they can work as a backup 9. Or at least to sign a backup striker, a cheaper solution just in case. Is there any other natural attacker in the roster? Let’s say Benzema has an injury for 2 months. How will they cope?

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
As things stand, an attack of Aubemayang, Lewandowski and Raphihna is the best in La Liga. With Pedri and Gavi and Busquets and maybe Silva as well behind goals will flow. Madrid will still be strong especially defensively with Rudiger and Tchouameni in midfield adding legs.

Atletico will be better for sure, Simeone chopped and changed a bit too much last season but I can see him going back to his old methods and being strong again. Betis will usurp Sevilla this season. They are building something special under Pellegrini and are adding decent players and after winning a trophy last year will kick on.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
But I expected them to be there for a Mane or Gnabry type of player, who can also play next to Benzema and they can work as a backup 9. Or at least to sign a backup striker, a cheaper solution just in case. Is there any other natural attacker in the roster? Let’s say Benzema has an injury for 2 months. How will they cope?
I would like someone like Mane or Son, people where throwing aroung Salah as well but I don't rate him as much, at least to replicate his form here in Real Madrid. I guess our only hope if any of Benzema or Vinicius gets a serious injury would be Hazard regaining his form. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:(

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid will head next year again without a proper backup striker of Benzema? Barcelona is getting much stronger if they get all these transfers in, and with a serious injury of Benzema, it could be season over. I did not get the fact that since they did not sign Mbappe, they spent the budget on a DM and forgot the attacking area.
Real Madrid don't really sign players to fill super specific positions, like backup striker. They tend to sign players if they think they have an interesting profile and/or the market opportunity is considered good. It can mean that the squad is lacking in backup positions at any given time, but over longer periods it works well.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Real Madrid don't really sign players to fill super specific positions, like backup striker. They tend to sign players if they think they have an interesting profile and/or the market opportunity is considered good. It can mean that the squad is lacking in backup positions at any given time, but over longer periods it works well.
I did not mean that they should go and sign a >32 year old backup striker just in case of injuries. They could sign a talent for the future who could play that role like City signed Alvarez. Or based on what you are saying, Mane was a market opportunity and a top class player at a very reasonable price and I am sure he would prefer to join the champions of Europe and La Liga. I still don't get the reasoning of having so many options in midfield and so few attacking ones.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I am very lazy lately. Time to update.
Historical ranking:
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Clasificación_histórica_de_la_Primera_División_de_España

*Campeón: Madrid
*Champions: Madrid, Barça, Atlético,Sevilla
*Europa league: Betis, Real Sociedad
*Conference league: Villarreal

Pichichi: Benzema
Zamora: Bono(Sevilla)

Promoted: Valladolid, Almería, Girona
Relegated: Granada, Levante, Alavés

Promoted to Segunda: Andorra, Villarreal B, Racing de Santander and Albacete

It starts August 12th: https://www.laliga.com/en-ES/laliga-santander/calendar

Transfer market:
https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2022/05/31/628fc765ca47412f0f8b45e4.html

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I am very lazy lately. Time to update.
Historical ranking:
https://es.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Clasificación_histórica_de_la_Primera_División_de_España

*Campeón: Madrid
*Champions: Madrid, Barça, Atlético,Sevilla
*Europa league: Betis, Real Sociedad
*Conference league: Villarreal

Pichichi: Benzema
Zamora: Bono(Sevilla)

Promoted: Valladolid, Almería, Girona
Relegated: Granada, Levante, Alavés

Promoted to Segunda: Andorra, Villarreal B, Racing de Santander and Albacete

It starts August 12th: https://www.laliga.com/en-ES/laliga-santander/calendar

Transfer market:
https://www.marca.com/futbol/primera-division/2022/05/31/628fc765ca47412f0f8b45e4.html
Thanks.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

Is Rüdiger doing what I think he is doing? What a cnutish move

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Can you download la liga fantasy league app in your countries?
Would you like to do one among those of us who follow la liga?
We can see if from here to the beginning of la liga we are a decent number of people to do it and if not we leave it
The app is la liga fantasy marca 22/23

it40rv0i is the code of the league

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Been a bit unlucky at times but Lewandowski is so impressive.

Barcelona isn't all that. Rayo should have scored.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Tchouameni-Valverde-Camavinga-Kroos start

Casemiro and Modric bench

Must watch this

avgp_1

Rudiger caught playing onside for the opening goal for Almeria

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Tchouameni is an absolute baller. Camavinga too. Best central midfield in Europe.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Dunno. Tchouameni looks a bit nervy out there.
My post was not based on this specific game but past seasons. The distance between Madrid's central midfield and United's is simply enormous

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
My post was not based on this specific game but past seasons. The distance between Madrid's central midfield and United's is simply enormous
ah okay fair enough I do agree with you

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ramazani used to play for Utd youth team ?
Looks like he’s doing alright for himself — 2 full seasons in the second division of Spain since leaving and now a goal against Madrid in La Liga! Still only 21 too

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Tchouameni is indeed very impressive recovering the ball.